NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

9 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

NFL did good with this one... one helmet rule was stupid and now we can see some of the throwbacks we missed. Worth pointing out that different helmet colors will only be allowed for throwbacks so it should spare us some dumb alternates.

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms

Little bit more than just the throwbacks. 

• Like 12

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

Real talk, after the first couple years of utilizing this how long until we have City Edition NFL uniforms? 😆

They'll start with 6 teams, like the MLB did with the Connect uniforms, and by 3 seasons, all 32 teams will have one. 

2 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Oh man this is going to be an absolute :censored: show

My brother asked me if this means the Seahawks will go top to bottom neon green. I'm hoping they go throwbacks finally. 

• Like 4

AmPJ0Ty.png 

7 minutes ago, colinturner95 said:

Teams can pair the second helmet with alternate, throwback or Color Rush uniforms

Little bit more than just the throwbacks. 

So we're getting black Rams helmets aren't we? 

Game Recap: UCLA v. Washington

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

More details here. One that stands out is that the new helmet must be paired with an alternate uniform.  I was kind of hoping that a team could have different color helmets that they could interchange with their home and road sets like college.  

• Like 4

I'm sure most of the league will have alternate helmets in 2022. With some exceptions:

Bills - Red

Dolphins - Teal or None

Patriots - White

Jets - White or Black

Ravens - Purple

Bengals - White

Browns - White

Steelers - Yellow

Texans - White or Red

Colts - Blue

Jaguars - Teal

Titans - White or Light Blue

Broncos - Royal

Chiefs - None

Raiders - None

Chargers - Navy or Royal

Cowboys - White

Giants - None

Eagles - Kelly Green

WFT - None

Bears - None

Lions - None

Packers - None

Vikings - None

Falcons - Red

Panthers - Black

Saints - Black or White

Bucs - White

Cardinals - Red, Black or None

Rams - Black or darker blue if throwback (This  could be terrible)

49ers - Silver or None

Seahawks - Silver

Teams in bold probably wouldn't have alternates. Depends on what alternates/throwbacks we see down the road, and what direction Washington goes with their branding.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

More details here. One that stands out is that the new helmet must be paired with an alternate uniform.  I was kind of hoping that a team could have different color helmets that they could interchange with their home and road sets like college.  

It says 'can' be paired, not 'must' be paired. Those are two entirely different words.

• Like 6

It's where I sit.

13 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It says 'can' be paired, not 'must' be paired. Those are two entirely different words.

The official memo says it "must only be worn" with a throwback or alternate. So we'll only see these alternates a max of 3 times and not with "normal" uniforms.

If paired with a throwback it must be historically accurate. If it's an alternate, it must include a logo/colors used by the team or used in the alternate uniform. So no random colors added or new logos. Like the Vikings or Chiefs randomly adding a black helmet. 

• Like 10