NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

Washington needs a nickname, period. 

As a fan, I still refer to them by the old name with my family members and close friends for one simple reason- saying 'Washington Football Team' or just plain 'Washington' is either a mouthful to say or just comes across as cold/lifeless. 

A new nickname will most likely suck but at least it's an identity. One that I will happily get behind and use and buy merchandise. 

• Like 9
  • WOAH 1

The issue with the Texans is the division they play in, it’s full of blues and black. If they embraced red a bit more instead of being navy and white, it would work wonders for them.

also, yes, I know Reebok didn’t design all those uniforms, I meant they’re non-classic uniforms that haven’t been updated through the Reebok era. Just trying to sort things out

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

7 hours ago, ptaylor said:

As a fan, I still refer to them by the old name with my family members and close friends for one simple reason- saying 'Washington Football Team' or just plain 'Washington' is either a mouthful to say or just comes across as cold/lifeless. 

A new nickname will most likely suck but at least it's an identity. One that I will happily get behind and use and buy merchandise. 

I guess it’s unpopular here but I love the football team name. Football club would be bad, but something about football team is hilarious. Having only one team that has it, makes it work (wouldn’t want any others). 

• Like 4

They could do a powdered-wig effect on their helmets and be the Washington's.  Or, if that's too controversial due to his status as a slave owner, do the same thing but go with Washington Markie's.

preview.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, ptaylor said:

As a fan, it's really not hard to say "Washington" instead of the old name. Hopefully they have a new name soon, but until then, it doesn't help to continue using the old name.

• Like 3

spacer.png

The Texans uniform are fine, IMO. Could they be better? Absolutely.

I’ll always see them as New England’s uniforms that just got perfected. The Patriots uniforms that were unveiled in 2001 were obviously meant to be a test run for what Houston did with their uniforms.

• Like 2

Houston's got really solid uniforms, but they're nothing special. They are very much fitting for the Texans franchise: solid, but forgettable. The best thing the Texans could do is make the red jersey, white pants, red socks their default home uniform.

• Like 8

the user formerly known as cdclt

2 hours ago, QCS said:

Houston's got really solid uniforms, but they're nothing special. They are very much fitting for the Texans franchise: solid, but forgettable. The best thing the Texans could do is make the red jersey, white pants, red socks their default home uniform.

I think they should make red the primary color and blue the secondary to further carve out their own niche/fandom from the Cowboys who are so dominant in Texas. Plus, Chiefs are the only red dominant team in the AFC.

Like this concept.

texans-jerseys.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1

• Like 3

2 hours ago, colortv said:

I think they should make red the primary color and blue the secondary to further carve out their own niche/fandom from the Cowboys who are so dominant in Texas. Plus, Chiefs are the only red dominant team in the AFC.

Like this concept.

Those white helmets should never meet the light of day. We’re at least lucky they never made it out of the initial franchise unveiling press conference.

• Like 8

Those are also teams that have no other trademarked emblem on their jerseys, so the logo patches make it so they can take action against jabronis that are selling knockoffs.  Without the patches, it would be much more difficult to go after people selling plain white jerseys with black numbers to Jaguars fans.

• Like 9

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Chiefs and the Steelers patches aren’t as bad on their primary uniforms because they’re mostly white and the jerseys are either white or have a lot of white near the patch. The Jags have a mostly gold logo patch on jerseys with no gold anywhere else. 

• Like 1

I honestly like the Jaguars logo as the patch, it keeps the shoulders clean, with numbers and the oversized cuff coloring. Same with the Steelers, the logo there means it doesn’t have to be on the sleeves. 

I’d much rather the jags logo being on the uniform than “JAGUARS” at the base of the NFL logo

• Like 3

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 1/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, dont care said:

You can make minor adjustments, just not for redesigns.

So with that 5 years rules should be applied to Colts or not? They basically only changed numbers font and rest were a minor tweaks.

4r2eer.png

8 hours ago, colortv said:

Like this concept.

Here is all Houston needs to do:

- Switch to red jerseys as primary, paired with white pants and either blue or red socks.

- Use the red pants they used to have on the road with blue socks

- Make all navy their alt (can be the current or the CR)

Considering how blue/dark color heavy the AFC south is, the Texans being red would definitely break up the Royal (Colts), Navy (Titans) & Black (Jags) that is primarily worn.

• Like 2