NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

15 minutes ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

Is this what you're referring to? I thought this was the Bears.

Definitely the 1960? Raiders. Looks like they wore black helmets for their first few seasons. They just don't look right in black and gold.

EredF6VXUAQvK2A.jpg

• Like 7

We have been seemingly talking about the one helmet rule, and when it might be repealed for years.  What a lot of people who were hoping to see it go away said was that it would be awesome to have alternate helmets again, as long as it was exclusive to throwbacks.  I don't know how many times I saw that particular phrase typed... "I'd like to see alternate helmets again, as long as the NFL has a rule that it has to be just for throwbacks."  And what I said was, when the rule finally went away, I didn't believe there was any way it was going to be just throwbacks.  Too many teams who don't want to wear throwbacks, too much money to be made, too much Nike.  When it happened,  alternate helmets would mean alternate helmets.

So... you know... just for the record, I was right.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Definitely the 1960? Raiders. Looks like they wore black helmets for their first few seasons. They just don't look right in black and gold.

EredF6VXUAQvK2A.jpg

In the "this will never be thrown back to" files...the miscolored Bears...er, original Raiders.  If there ever was a uniform that clearly screams "you don't look like you," it is either this or the silver-helmet Oilers.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

19 minutes ago, GoCubsGo said:

I’m just pointing out that there is going to be some horrible looking helmets in the next few years.

I highly doubt a team as traditional as the Bears would be dumb enough to pull something like that. A faux leather helmet? Absolutely should be in the cards. A ridiculous orange helmet for the sake of an orange helmet? Not a chance in hell.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I highly doubt a team as traditional as the Bears would be dumb enough to pull something like that. A faux leather helmet? Absolutely should be in the cards. A ridiculous orange helmet for the sake of an orange helmet? Not a chance in hell.

Going back to through the archives they even had navy leather helmets so any other color should be a no go.

• Like 5

I wonder if the Bengals would’ve designed their road uniforms differently (more orange?) if they had known about a second helmet. They could’ve paired the white tiger Color Rush with a white and black helmet, while the standard road would have more orange to go with the primary helmet. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I wonder if the Bengals would’ve designed their road uniforms differently (more orange?) if they had known about a second helmet. They could’ve paired the white tiger Color Rush with a white and black helmet, while the standard road would have more orange to go with the primary helmet. 

No, but in time I assume they could create a new road uni and slide the current white uni into "Color Rush" status....allowing to use the white helmet with it.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

EredF6VXUAQvK2A.jpg

love that font, but they did look like the bears. 

• Like 7

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

10 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

No, but in time I assume they could create a new road uni and slide the current white uni into "Color Rush" status....allowing to use the white helmet with it.

Or else just wear a white helmet whenever they want to because these days the NFL seems just as confused about their own uniform rules as everyone else is, and the haven't really bothered to enforce them since they relaxed the color rush rules.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Or else just wear a white helmet whenever they want to because these days the NFL seems just as confused about their own uniform rules as everyone else is, and the haven't really bothered to enforce them since they relaxed the color rush rules.

Yeah, I feel like this is a gateway drug to teams just wearing whichever helmets whenever they feel like it. 

• Like 3

On 6/24/2021 at 3:38 PM, VDizzle12 said:

I'm sure most of the league will have alternate helmets in 2022. With some exceptions:

Bills - Red

Dolphins - Teal or None

Patriots - White

Jets - White or Black

Ravens - Purple

Bengals - White

Browns - White

Steelers - Yellow

Texans - White or Red

Colts - Blue

Jaguars - Teal

Titans - White or Light Blue

Broncos - Royal

Chiefs - None

Raiders - None

Chargers - Navy or Royal

Cowboys - White

Giants - None

Eagles - Kelly Green

WFT - None

Bears - None

Lions - None

Packers - None

Vikings - None

Falcons - Red

Panthers - Black

Saints - Black or White

Bucs - White

Cardinals - Red, Black or None

Rams - Black or darker blue if throwback (This  could be terrible)

49ers - Silver or None

Seahawks - Silver

Teams in bold probably wouldn't have alternates. Depends on what alternates/throwbacks we see down the road, and what direction Washington goes with their branding.

The Bills seem to want people to forget they ever wore red helmets, so I think they'll stick with the white throwbacks with the standing Buffalo.

Miami has never worn anything other than a white helmet, and they seem happy with the throwbacks, so I don't see them trying anything new.

Ravens in a purple helmet feels like its encroaching on Vikings territory.

As previously mentioned, the Panthers wouldn't be able to wear a black helmet with the black jersey, so it kind of defeats the purpose.

• Like 2

I could imagine the Panthers pairing a black helmet with the blue jersey...though it might seem too similar to the Jaguars in that case?

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

26 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ravens in a purple helmet feels like its encroaching on Vikings territory.

spacer.png

A purple team doing purple things isn’t encroaching on anything. It’s like saying the Patriots can’t ever do a Pat Patriot helmet again because the Bills currently use a white helmet full time.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, JayMac said:

So how many helmets will each NFL team have by 2025? We all know they will not stop at 2.

Unless they decide to change this new rule in 3-4 seasons, it’s going to be two. As we saw with the Color Rush program, there’s definitely a high likelihood it gets relaxed to allow mix-and-matching with the regular home and aways. 

• Like 2