NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

27 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

It will always blow my mind that the Eagles brass are all “we want to bring back the Kelly green throwbacks” and make a fuss out of it, when they could easily change their uniforms to Kelly green if they want. I know they probably won’t because of the Super Bowl win in the current set, but if you want the change just go through with it.

Since Nike has taken over, the shade of green has been an improvement for the Eagles. I never cared for the shininess of the Reebok era.

As far as Kelly Green goes, it works fine for a potential throwback, but not full time, IMO.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Blows my mind the number of "normal" fans that just have no idea what this rule means. Any post on social media about it is just filled with ridiculous comments. People are just like "can't wait! This is going to be 🔥👀" and post a picture of the Dolphins throwback or Browns orange helmet with a white facemask.  

There's this thing called shilling. 

The only one I can think of is a white one to go with the "white tiger" look. Otherwise, they've gone their whole existence with an orange helmet so there shouldn't be anything holding them back from an old throwback.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

considering we’re a full season away from seeing what any teams do, and two full seasons away from seeing if teams unveil new throwbacks, it’s way too soon to say that you’re right (though you probably are). 

I expect some dumb needless alts in 2022, and then fewer of those and more throwbacks in 2023. 

the teams to watch out for are the ones that don’t need to change up their shells for their throwbacks, since they’ll basically have a 3rd helmet option to play with. 

True, about a year ago I got extra grumpy about what I assumed was the coming chaos of a multiple helmet free for all, and it's too soon to say I was right about that (I'll reserve that particular "I told you so for 2023).  However, at that time I did state the opinion that when alternate helmets finally came they wouldn't be restricted to throwbacks only, and it seems I was right on that one. 

That's an interesting point you make about teams wearing a throwback logo on their primary shell, and dragging out an alternate helmet just because they can.  So, the Dolphins could wear a white primary helmet, use that same shell for their throwback, and have an aqua or orange helmet, too.  The Bills could do the same with red for their color rush. The Lions with a nasty charcoal gray helmet for theirs.  Ugh.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2021 at 12:22 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

what I said was, when the rule finally went away, I didn't believe there was any way it was going to be just throwbacks.  Too many teams who don't want to wear throwbacks, too much money to be made, too much Nike.  When it happened,  alternate helmets would mean alternate helmets.

So... you know... just for the record, I was right.

Absolutely, but in fairness it didn’t exactly take Nostradamus to say “the league that has already abandoned most of its once-sensible uniform regulations can’t be trusted with multiple helmets.” 😛

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

They’re probably going to do a White Tiger helmet to match the rest of the CR set and I’m all for it. 

But white over white is their current primary road, which they aren’t allowed to wear the alternate helmets with. So either they make white over black the primary road next summer, so then white over white can technically be their color rush, similar to the Packers, or we get to see any early break in the rules to allow the all white look. Which for the record I’m not super thrilled about. The orange on the jersey will stick out like a sore thumb, and it just feels gimmicky and arena league.

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

4 hours ago, Michael Bolton said:

If they wanted to do a "BENGALS" helmet they could have with the one helmet rule, no? Just remove the tiger stripes (which I believe are decals) and add the script thus using the same orange shell?

I believe they paint the stripes on, making it much harder to remove the stripes and put on a “BENGALS” wordmark decal. 

But it does seem dumb for the bengals to have a second orange helmet just for a wordmark helmet logo era throwback. It’s definitely going to be a white tiger helmet. That or a black helmet with orange stripes...

Also how often can the alternate helmet change? Will it still be 5 years, like all the primary stuff?

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

For as much love as the Texans proposed white helmet gets and how 90% of fans want them to do a faux (or even true) throwback to the Houston Oilers,

1) it’ll never happen

2) they’d 100% do a red helmet to have the full battle red uniform

• Like 5

On 6/26/2021 at 12:40 PM, phutmasterflex said:

Don't think so. Look at the Jags over the past couple of seasons. The all white tights/socks is their new norm.

Last season, they wore white socks in 3/6 times that they wore white pants. All three times were prior to week 5. The one time they wore teal over white they wore black socks. They released these photos of Trevor earlier in the offseason where he wore black socks with the same look, and also had Josh Allen in teal/white/black in their teal primary promo video. 
spacer.png

They’ve been very confusing in forecasting their sock use for the coming season, though I would suspect it’ll be like last season with white socks used early on for some bs heat deflection reasoning, then shelved. The one thing that the color rush system did to this league which I hate the most was sneakily add white socks to every teams style guide, which they cannot be trusted with.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, DNAsports said:

For as much love as the Texans proposed white helmet gets and how 90% of fans want them to do a faux (or even true) throwback to the Houston Oilers,

1) it’ll never happen

2) they’d 100% do a red helmet to have the full battle red uniform

2 is probably right.  But an alt white seems very plausible too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

But white over white is their current primary road, which they aren’t allowed to wear the alternate helmets with. So either they make white over black the primary road next summer, so then white over white can technically be their color rush, similar to the Packers, or we get to see any early break in the rules to allow the all white look. Which for the record I’m not super thrilled about. The orange on the jersey will stick out like a sore thumb, and it just feels gimmicky and arena league.

I didn't think the pants really figured into the designations.  If the white jersey is the primary road, switching the pants shouldn't change that.  They need to make a 2nd version of white and call it color rush with a white helmet.  In the meantime add some orange to the white road.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I didn't think the pants really figured into the designations.  If the white jersey is the primary road, switching the pants shouldn't change that.  They need to make a 2nd version of white and call it color rush with a white helmet.  In the meantime add some orange to the white road.

It did for the Packers 

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 6/26/2021 at 1:01 PM, WBeltz said:

It will always blow my mind that the Eagles brass are all “we want to bring back the Kelly green throwbacks” and make a fuss out of it, when they could easily change their uniforms to Kelly green if they want. I know they probably won’t because of the Super Bowl win in the current set, but if you want the change just go through with it.

As a fan its frustrating. Both the Eagles and Phillies organizations promote the hell out of their throwbacks to the point where I think they're only keeping their currently looks because they get to double dip from a sales perspective.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

True but they could also just designate when they wear the white helmet that is when it’s the color rush option.