Jump to content

NFL Changes 2021


simtek34

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

 

I'm not sure I remember this the same way you do.

 

The Seahawks, if my memory is accurate, never intended to wear two helmets. They released both the navy and silver versions with their uniform unveiling, saying fans would get to pick which one they went with full time. It even says as much in that ESPN link:

 

 

 

I vividly remember the situation.  They did want to wear both helmets - one home, and one road - and were denied.  They were forced to take a (possibly rigged) fan vote and went with the blue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

Since the appropriate thread is currently locked…

 

 

This would be about as best-case of a scenario as it could get. We’ll see if it actually happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whitworth's uni comment might just be referring to the yellow-sleeved version from the 80s. Something from the 80s could be considered a throwback to him. Also, a while back on Reddit, somebody posted a thread speculating that the new alternate would be Sol. Johnny Hekker responded to that, "Doubtful." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

Whitworth's uni comment might just be referring to the yellow-sleeved version from the 80s. Something from the 80s could be considered a throwback to him. Also, a while back on Reddit, somebody posted a thread speculating that the new alternate would be Sol. Johnny Hekker responded to that, "Doubtful." 

 

A white jersey with yellow sleeves worn with yellow pants would instantly become the Rams best uniform. 

 

I don't trust them to do anything this smart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

A white jersey with yellow sleeves worn with yellow pants would instantly become the Rams best uniform. 

 

I don't trust them to do anything this smart.

 

There also appeared to be a glimpse of a jersey like this in one of the videos the team released with last year's uni unveiling. 

 

It has white pants with it on the sketch, but I think yellow or blue pants would look better.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, DNAsports said:

I’m sure if my eyes deceive me, but I think Detroit has three different shades of grey pants

spacer.png

That is correct.  The silver with the current honolulu blue and white jerseys, the throwback design, and finally the color rush /alternate

ROqDnmq.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

That is correct.  The silver with the current honolulu blue and white jerseys, the throwback design, and finally the color rush /alternate

ROqDnmq.png

Assuming that third set is the color rush option, it seems too dark

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Assuming that third set is the color rush option, it seems too dark

spacer.png

The dark gray is how it is featured in the style guide I believe.  That's a graphic I have from the current uniform launch in Spring 2017

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Red Comet said:

You have to hand it to the Lions. They :censored: up hilariously even down to the smallest details. 

The team president has been hinting at new jerseys when the 5 year rule is up. Personally, I don't think the Lions set is that bad, it's definitely the best they've had this millennium since the Barry Sanders era jerseys. It could use some tweaks, sure - probably de-italicizing or getting a new number font, getting rid of the gray color rush, and maybe making the face mask blue, but it's not at all terrible, IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

Since the appropriate thread is currently locked…

 

 

Knowing how Nike has handled the gold color of a certain LA basketball team, the Rams will be decked out head to toe in highlighter yellow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

Knowing how Nike has handled the gold color of a certain LA basketball team, the Rams will be decked out head to toe in highlighter yellow.

Knowing how Nike has handled the red of the other LA basketball team, the Rams will be wearing black. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, projectjohn said:

The team president has been hinting at new jerseys when the 5 year rule is up. Personally, I don't think the Lions set is that bad, it's definitely the best they've had this millennium since the Barry Sanders era jerseys. It could use some tweaks, sure - probably de-italicizing or getting a new number font, getting rid of the gray color rush, and maybe making the face mask blue, but it's not at all terrible, IMO.

 

The biggest problem: multiple grays on the main set. All they needed was the single gray, outline the numbers in that, and make the numbers white. Maybe have the inner gray on the stripes be white instead, too, but that would be something I'd need to see mocked up to know if it looked good. For me with the only real issue with this set is the muddy looking numbers on the home uniform.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.