NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

53 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-30-at-10-21-41-PM.pn

Most importantly, they are using era-accurate helmet decals. In the past, they haven't been as meticulous with their color rush uniforms. 

What?

Nick Bosa San Francisco 49ers

I think there was one game where they mistakenly used the current decals, but the white jersey unveil definitely featured the 1994-style decals. 

REPORT: NFL Refusing To Let 49ers Wear All-White 1994 Throwback Jerseys For  Super Bowl LIV | Total Pro Sports

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It seems like the NFL modified the amount of times you can wear an alternate since there's 18 weeks as opposed to 17 weeks now.

The uniforms will make their on-field debut in the 49ers’ home opener against Green Bay on Sept. 26. They’ll also be worn against the Indianapolis Colts on Oct. 24, Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 15 and Atlanta Falcons on Dec. 19, while the road version will make an appearance against the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 5 and the Tennessee Titans on Dec. 23.

49ers will wear the red jersey 4 times and the white one 2 times. I'm a bit concerned by how much they get to do this, but I want to feel like they got leeway because they are the 49ers and this is how the uniform was in 1994 but that's just wishful thinking.

• Like 6

bSLCtu2.png

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

It seems like the NFL modified the amount of times you can wear an alternate since there's 18 weeks as opposed to 17 weeks now.

49ers will wear the red jersey 4 times and the white one 2 times. I'm a bit concerned by how much they get to do this, but I want to feel like they got leeway because they are the 49ers and this is how the uniform was in 1994 but that's just wishful thinking.

I read on PFT that the Niners WERE granted additional "uses" of their throwbacks.

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I read on PFT that the Niners WERE granted additional "uses" of their throwbacks.

It's really bizarre the NFL allows exemptions for one team but not others.  If I was a team like the Dolphins I'd be like "WTF, Rog?"

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

In the case of the Dolphins, the clamor is for a better uniform.

In the case of the 49ers,  this uniform is inferior to the current set, which is a modern version of the uniform set in which they won 4 Super Bowls. They won 1 SB in it, not 4.

In a vacuum, these jerseys are nice. I really like them.

However, every time they wear these, it's one less time they wear the current look, which is among the very best in the NFL, if not already #1. Sucks, but I'm sure this jersey will sell enough!

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I wonder if they'll also grant the Browns an exemption, and they can start using a second helmet this year for their throwback.

spacer.png

That 49ers set isn't nearly as good as the one the preceded or followed it.

Yes, they won a title in that uniform, but it was the equivalent of the Cavs in sleeves. Why mess around with white pants when they look so much better in gold?

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Honestly? Put the 49ers throwbacks over gold pants, red (striped) socks, keep the current helmet, and call it a day. In my opinion, that’d be the best of both worlds AND the best uniform in team history.

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Honestly? Put the 49ers throwbacks over gold pants, red (striped) socks, keep the current helmet, and call it a day. In my opinion, that’d be the best of both worlds AND the best uniform in team history.

Agreed 100%. Ditch the current jerseys. I’d go as far as keeping the white pants around for alternate looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, burgundy said:

I wonder if they'll also grant the Browns an exemption, and they can start using a second helmet this year for their throwback.

They'd probably just go with the single white stripe on the current helmet this year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png