NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That 49ers set isn't nearly as good as the one the preceded or followed it.

Yes, they won a title in that uniform, but it was the equivalent of the Cavs in sleeves. Why mess around with white pants when they look so much better in gold?

Doesn’t help that from the promo pics it looks like they’ll be wearing white socks with this uniform as well

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

52 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

1 and 5

I would say the same, but something seems off about #5. Maybe it’s unbalanced with the amount of gold. Maybe if they had powder pants and gold socks it would look better.

16 hours ago, alecgoff said:

Hot damn! I may just have to buy a Niners jersey even though I'm not a fan. Always thought that was their best uniform and that it was a crime they only wore it that one season. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 10:29 AM, Jay_Mellowed said:

Speaking of the Lions, they really need to look into adding a set of white pants that are striped, as well as adding white striped socks.

Striped socks in general could benefit the looks of several teams. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

It seems like the NFL modified the amount of times you can wear an alternate since there's 18 weeks as opposed to 17 weeks now.

49ers will wear the red jersey 4 times and the white one 2 times. I'm a bit concerned by how much they get to do this, but I want to feel like they got leeway because they are the 49ers and this is how the uniform was in 1994 but that's just wishful thinking.

It was how the THROWBACK uniform was in 1994. Their main set was still the Joe Montana look. I never much liked the drop-shadow throwbacks. The 49ers don’t look good in white pants to me.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, AgentColon2 said:

Clamoring for the Dolphins to wear a superior uniform is a bad thing how?

It’s a uniform that deserves to be left in the past. The “throwback” status is a memento of what was. I don’t mind if they bring it back with modern touches. One of which is a better logo.

20 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Wtf does sprinkle me mane diamond mean?

For those who didn't know: now you know.  (And, just to eliminate any more questions: E-40 is one of the OGs of the Bay, hailing from Vallejo; chances are your favorite slang phrase probably came out his mouth first.)

8 hours ago, DNAsports said:

1 and 4

spacer.png

1 and 5 all day, with 2 and 3 as alternate backups...with powder blue pants as alternate.  Neither 4 nor 6 even need to exist.  (Especially since #4 is in the colors of their in-stadium brethren...)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Doesn’t help that from the promo pics it looks like they’ll be wearing white socks with this uniform as well

I'm hoping those white socks were just the 49ers being lazy and only wanting the players to change their jerseys from the white color rush to the throwbacks. When Jerry Rice was wearing the uniform in the promo pic he had red socks on

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Meh, the royal blue and navy blue uniforms are completely unnecessary. Navy blue I can understand, but royal blue? Why

Probably because it was the color rush from the previous uniform design, and the fact that they used royal blue from the 1970s to the 1980s.