NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

12 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Did the Bengals really photograph all the rookies in the wrong combo?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQyPYQ4FKqt/?utm_medium=copy_link

Why they didn't just have the whole stripe black and orange is beyond me. Such a dumb mistake.

White football pants weren't always see through. What's going on with Nike?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Bengals were soooo close to getting this totally right. But there’s too many flaws to give this anything higher than a C grade. 

The only flaw IMO is the away set. Too much is wrong with that, but great with everything else

• Like 2

On 7/1/2021 at 3:33 AM, DNAsports said:

Now that the 49ers have a throwback home and away set, I hope this doesn’t turn into a Dolphins situation where everyone is clamoring at the idea of “They should just wear them full time.”

pair those jerseys with the regular pants and helmet and they should just wear them full time.  Love the drop shadows. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

pair those jerseys with the regular pants and helmet and they should just wear them full time.  Love the drop shadows. 

Joe Montana never wore uniforms with drop shadows. Jerry Rice spent the first half of his career without those hideous drop shadows. 

I just associate anything with the drop shadows as akin to the uniforms worn during the team’s nadir. Heck, ‘94 is far less memorable than ‘88, ‘81, and ‘84, to me. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

33 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Joe Montana never wore uniforms with drop shadows. Jerry Rice spent the first half of his career without those hideous drop shadows. 

I just associate anything with the drop shadows as akin to the uniforms worn during the team’s nadir. Heck, ‘94 is far less memorable than ‘88, ‘81, and ‘84, to me. 

I agree. And no discredit to them, but my mind likes to separate the '94 Niners of George Seifert and Steve Young from the '81-88-89 Niners of Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. Having different uniforms is likely a big part of that. 

23 hours ago, DNAsports said:

1 and 4

spacer.png

3 and 2, in that order. 

• Like 3

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

10 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I'm hoping those white socks were just the 49ers being lazy and only wanting the players to change their jerseys from the white color rush to the throwbacks. When Jerry Rice was wearing the uniform in the promo pic he had red socks on

They did that last time tho too. Rice wore red socks for the white top reveal. Maybe a couple other players did too, but they ended up wearing all white. 

Problem anyway is the NFL is so lax on the socks that we'd end up seeing 43 different combos.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. And no discredit to them, but my mind likes to separate the '94 Niners of George Seifert and Steve Young from the '81-88-89 Niners of Bill Walsh and Joe Montana. Having different uniforms is likely a big part of that. 

Seifert was the coach in '89

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I think Seifert's Panthers tenure was a perfect demonstration of what he truly was without Bill Walsh's systems or star talent.

I think it's more this.  Having a Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, et al is more important than any "system".  

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Probably because it was the color rush from the previous uniform design, and the fact that they used royal blue from the 1970s to the 1980s.

Fair enough, but do they need three shades of blue, two of which they don't even use on their primary uniforms?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

Probably why the '94's look so good in my view. I missed '81, was a preschooler in '84, and '88 was the Super Bowl I was forced to go to one of my dad's work friends houses to play hours of Excite Bike on the old Nintendo. '94 was the first season they made a Super Bowl I was really aware of the Niners and I really liked that uniform. Then they switched back to what has become their standard uniform and had a lesser season and it just seemed meh to me. 

Of course then they switched the cardinal, gold and drop shadow one 2 years later and my only reaction was, why the hell didn't they just wear the '94 rather than some inferior imitation of it. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

Everything about this quote is great until you get to the gradient part. That tells me it’s more of a faux back with gradient elements than it is a true throwback to whatever uniform he’s talking about. Unless he’s just talking about the entire uniform set as whole.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I think it's more this.  Having a Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, et al is more important than any "system".  

As explains one of the greatest tweets of all time:

• Like 11

the user formerly known as cdclt

57 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

Everything about this quote is great until you get to the gradient part. That tells me it’s more of a faux back with gradient elements than it is a true throwback to whatever uniform he’s talking about. Unless he’s just talking about the entire uniform set as whole.

Still can't understand how the Rams had the near perfect uniform to go back to, partially did go back to, then bailed on it for the land of gradient numbers. I mean IMO both LA teams screwed up what should have been slam dunks, but the Chargers at least didn't totally :censored: it up. It's about the only win over their landlords that the Chargers have had since their ill advised move to LA. 

• Like 5

On 6/29/2021 at 12:10 AM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Because purple is much more unique and less frequently seen color in sports, especially the NFL, where the Vikings were the only team in the league who had purple in their color scheme for 40 years.

The Ravens also not only share purple, but also a shade of gold, plus black which is found more in Minnesota’s identity now then ever, even if it’s not a lot. That means even the small distinctions matter more so then just any other team that wears purple. 

The Ravens have had a purple jersey since day one in 1996.    A different shade of purple helmet  is a bridge too far?   Whatever monopoly some think Minnesota has on purple is long gone.

• Like 5