NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

12 hours ago, Sport said:

Sharing for no reason other than I saw this and it really showed how much better the new unis look compared directly with the old look. 

Fill in the white space on the pants with black, and this uniform is near perfect!

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

IMG_9775-1-750x1316.jpg

Can they just get rid of the bone ones now?

I have to say I'm surprised, but in a pleasant way. Their current set, as a whole, has way too many gimmicks, but this is a rather restrained look compared to what I was expecting them to unveil. This is what really should by the road uniform, rather than the mismatching bone uniform. I'll wait to voice anything else until the official unveiling, but it could have been much, much worse.

• Like 7

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Why would the Rams even make a bone jersey if they were going to also have a white one? (or vice versa.) And why wouldn't they include any blue on the sleeves? The Rams can't seem to do anything right with this rebrand. I just pray to God that the new jersey next year is yellow and not black.

• Like 6

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

That Rams white is what they should’ve been wearing along side the blue last year. My only complaint is it still isn’t the same as the blue, only in white. It has sleeve numbers and the blue doesn’t. That being said this is a massive upgrade and will look great with the yellow pants.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But there's orange tiger stripes on the black pants?!?

I know it's not anatomically correct but neither are blue lions, green eagles and stuff... At least this combo looks coherent...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

IMG_9775-1-750x1316.jpg

Can they just get rid of the bone ones now?

This looks incredible. Huge improvement over the bone.

Is there a special rule dictating whether or not an alternate can be worn as a primary? I know the Rams were able to get some type of exemption with the throwback of the previous set.

44 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

I know it's not anatomically correct but neither are blue lions, green eagles and stuff... At least this combo looks coherent...

Except the Bengals actually do use the colors of their mascot.  If they were purple or green or some other color, then it wouldn't matter at all.  But since they're orange and black, the inverted-color stripes kinda stick out.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

Why would the Rams even make a bone jersey if they were going to also have a white one? (or vice versa.) And why wouldn't they include any blue on the sleeves? The Rams can't seem to do anything right with this rebrand. I just pray to God that the new jersey next year is yellow and not black.

I think if the horn stripes were yellow-blue-yellow instead of yellow-white-yellow, the new jersey would be perfect. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, Sport said:

So are these new white Rams jerseys going to be alternates or are they the new full time road uniforms?

Guessing it'll be an Edmonton Oilers situation. Alternate for this year, then switch the designations for 2022 season.

EDIT: Suppose the Rams did this too already.

• Like 1

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Except the Bengals actually do use the colors of their mascot.  If they were purple or green or some other color, then it wouldn't matter at all.  But since they're orange and black, the inverted-color stripes kinda stick out.

You could make the argument that these aren't "orange stripes on black pants", but rather "black stripes on an orange panel on black pants".. this would make them them "accurate" as far as the mascot..

But either way, neither is as offensive as the "white stripes with black outline on an orange panel on white pants" option

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, insert name said:

Rams already gearing up for new uniforms. How many teams is this already since the start of the Nike era that have changed uniforms immediately after the 5 year hold?

Except that unless rules have changed, alts have to remain in the rotation for 5 years (whether worn or not), so they either just extended their timeframe for a full change by one year, or they cost themselves an alt with a new set (if they change after the minimum 5 years that started last year.)

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, Bruhammydude said:

OJWLADWJ7UI6TODGIBWI6S7HAY.jpg

That was all them--again, pushing their design agenda--excuse me, "innovation culture"--above (and onto) the team's. Kinda been their MO the past decade or so.  If you think I'm being facetious, check it for yourself...

32 minutes ago, insert name said:

Rams already gearing up for new uniforms. How many teams is this already since the start of the Nike era that have changed uniforms immediately after the 5 year hold?

By my count, three--and one of those did it twice: Tampa Bay, Cleveland, and Jacksonville (the club that did it twice).  I guess you could count Miami if the subtraction of that half-navy/half-teal color is to be counted.

Tennessee and now Atlanta are currently on the clock...

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ooh that is nice. Really nice.

I still think the bone was a risk worth taking, but that white jersey is terrific.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Demoff had talked previously about the organization being so disappointed that last year's draft hat leaked, robbing the Rams' opportunity to present the new logo how they wanted. 

About a year later the same thing happens, this time with the new alternate.

Why would you wait, again, and increase your chances of the new thing leaking, again? Especially after last year when the logo that leaked was the worst possible recreation of the logo, and knowing your fan base is dying to see them.

It sounds like they were waiting for everything to be perfectly set up so they could maximize online jersey orders. Instead, they get their thunder stolen because a rookie posted video of the back of the cheapest replica available. I'm a Rams fan, but, if that is what happened, it is what they deserve for being greedy.

• Like 1