NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

36 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

HOWEVER - this ^^ jersey looks to be an anomaly as this jersey has the right NOB font:

IMG_9776-750x1320.jpg

The mothership's article said this jersey has been confirmed as the new alternate.  So this is it. 

That’s a normal bone jersey. Look at the sleeves.

12 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So what's the deal with those white Rams helmets in the background?

Those are the Lunar and Eclipse edition helmets that the NFL makes and sells for every team. They’ve been making retail-only alternate color helmets like that for years.

• Like 4

Seeing actual white Rams helmets -- replica or not -- solidifies for me that I'm really going to hate alternate NFL helmets.

The single-helmet rule was the last defense from NCAA uniform madness. Here we go...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

As the only person in the world who likes the bone jerseys, I find the white ones disappointing, they really needed colored sleeves to make it stand out a bit more. I wonder if the new white jerseys will only be paired with the sol pants or if they plan on using the blue pants as well. Maybe even white pants? They seem to like the mono look

You are certainly NOT “the only person in the world” that likes the bone jerseys. I like them too because they’re DIFFERENT and against the norm.

As for this white jersey, it’s okay…but I want to see the uniform in full before I make a final judgement.

• Like 4

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Yes I don't think these jerseys are real. When athletes do autograph signings they will get cheap unlicensed jerseys to sign that don't have any logos on them (team, league, or manufacturer) so they can sell them for less than authentic Nikes.  None of the images seem to have any Rams or Nike logos visible. How this random memorabilia company he's signing for would get their hands on multiple un-released  jerseys for him to sign makes no sense. I can't find any examples of knock off bone jerseys that companies use for autographs so these are probably the first ones. 

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Might want to send the memo to Dallas then. Their regular whites aren’t all that great compared to their navy and color rush sets and certainly shouldn’t be worn for all regular season games like how they tend to do.

I'm not sure what your point is and how that's a counter to the one that I made.  

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure what your point is and how that's a counter to the one that I made.  

You said-

So if your best look isn't your home and away, by definition you're not looking your best all or even most of the time.  And if your alternate is your best look, then it should be your primary. 

The point I was making is how Dallas continues to over saturate their uniform schedule with the worst possible choice of their set. Which happens to be one singular uniform occupying the primary home AND away designation

spacer.png

You might as well call the navy set an alternate alongside the color rush. Both of which are better, more cohesive choices compared to the normal primary whites.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Throw the primary whites in the dumpster, light it on fire, and blow it up. Promote the Navy and CR to Primary Home-Away status and call it a day.

• Like 11

Just because a team chooses to be dumb doesn't mean my point isn't valid.

With Dallas, the navy is IMO their best look, despite the silly number outline and unnecessary sleeve star.  Their color rush is stupid and shouldn't be worn, but I guess they need to move merch.  Their white over silver green should be mostly a road set IMO.  While I'd love for them to standardize their blues and silvers, it's kinda their thing, so I won't waste keypresses on it.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Seeing actual white Rams helmets -- replica or not -- solidifies for me that I'm really going to hate alternate NFL helmets.

The single-helmet rule was the last defense from NCAA uniform madness. Here we go...

What a knee jerk reaction. The white helmet looks good, grandpa lol

• Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Ben in LA said:

If it had blue horns or at least a blue outline around the horns, yes

I dunno, sometimes I feel like this forum should rise above the typical takes you read in other places on the internet. The same old "OMG it sucks cause I'm not used to it! NFL helmets were better when I was a kid" or "It sucks cause it's not old as dirt!" I feel like I'm way too involved in hockey to be seeing this type of behavior when discussing NHL uniforms and I'm guilty of it myself but it's really obvious to me that some posters in this thread grew up watching football and are just old and grumpy and jaded about anything that doesn't look like a Packers or Bears or Raiders uniform

And sometimes it's weirdly arbitrary. Like the people that complain about the Cowboys using two shades of silver on their pants and helmets are often the same who claim the Rams had gorgeous uniforms back when they had royal blue jerseys and navy helmets. There's just no logic to it. I'm not perfect but whenever I think a uniform looks like :censored: I at the very least try and explain why and if I can't, then I just say I don't personally like it. I think if there's one place where we should be more open minded towards uniforms, it's here. Just tired of seeing knee jerk reactions like "bone is ugly" or "two helmets is bad"

/rant lol

• Like 1
  • Hate 1

18 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

What a knee jerk reaction. The white helmet looks good, grandpa lol

As someone who was over the top for bone last summer, being called granpda is a surprise!

White helmet looks fine in a vacuum. But like a vacuum, the idea of multiple helmets  proliferating in the NFL sucks.

It's the like the City NBA program. Yes, there are some winning uniforms in and of themselves. However, the broader view of the NBA is that on many (most?) nights you can no longer tell which two teams are playing on a given night. Uniforms are disposable. Interesting identifies that should replace existing brands (Miami, Utah) have a timebomb attached to them and they disappear forever.

All of this is now possible in the NFL. Nike has show in the NBA and MLB and NCAA that they're more than willing to nuke standard uniform aesthetics in order to try random stuff to sell hats and jerseys and whatever else. I think it's a good thing that helmets are standard and predictable; that's about to go away.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

28 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Just because a team chooses to be dumb doesn't mean my point isn't valid.

With Dallas, the navy is IMO their best look, despite the silly number outline and unnecessary sleeve star.  Their color rush is stupid and shouldn't be worn, but I guess they need to move merch.  Their white over silver green should be mostly a road set IMO.  While I'd love for them to standardize their blues and silvers, it's kinda their thing, so I won't waste keypresses on it.

Just because it’s “their thing” doesn’t mean it’s a good thing nor should we all collectively give them a pass for being the cute baby (for lack of a better metaphor) for doing something like this. How they’ve managed to get away with it for this long continues to baffle me.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

As someone who was over the top for bone last summer, being called granpda is a surprise!

I was kidding obviously, hence the lol at the end. No offense

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

White helmet looks fine in a vacuum. But like a vacuum, the idea of multiple helmets  proliferating in the NFL sucks.

I understand how you would say that and I get that a white Rams is completely unnecessary. Glad we can agree that there is nothing wrong with a Rams helmet in a vacuum. That was the point I was trying to make basically

You may be right about the comparison to the NBA but at the same time, I don't think it's gonna happen. First of all, in the NBA they're allowed up to 5 uniforms if I'm not mistaken, so it's not really comparable. And secondly, the culture is different. Just cause they can doesn't mean the Raiders will introduce black helmets to their rotation. Other than throwbacks, it's probably only gonna affect very few teams. Like maybe the Titans bring back a navy helmet. Maybe the Seahawks introduce a silver helmet. I don't think Chicago is gonna have an orange helmet just because. Hell, even a team like the Panthers that could add a light blue helmet to their rotation is probably gonna pass on the opportunity, they've had the same uniform for such a long time.

I don't think you need to worry about the NFL becoming like the NBA is all I'm saying

19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Just because it’s “their thing” doesn’t mean it’s a good thing nor should we all collectively give them a pass for being the cute baby (for lack of a better metaphor) for doing something like this. How they’ve managed to get away with it for this long continues to baffle me.

I honestly don't understand your disagreement with me or your debating style.  Nobody's giving them a pass. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

You said-

The point I was making is how Dallas continues to over saturate their uniform schedule with the worst possible choice of their set. Which happens to be one singular uniform occupying the primary home AND away designation

spacer.png

You might as well call the navy set an alternate alongside the color rush. Both of which are better, more cohesive choices compared to the normal primary whites.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Throw the primary whites in the dumpster, light it on fire, and blow it up. Promote the Navy and CR to Primary Home-Away status and call it a day.

I’m so fascinated with how people can sit there and say that the Cowboys color rush is good. What in the world is good about it? Is it just nostalgia? The uniforms were just as awful in the 90s too. The double outline is dumb, the star on the shoulder isn’t awful but doesn’t look necessarily better then if it was on the sleeve, and those color sleeves look pitiful. It looks like a featured that was design with a microsoft paint bucket tool. The white pants are dumb because the ruins any color balance with the silver, which is also my complaint with the ugly Niners throwbacks. 

Honestly the green pants are somehow their best look, and that look is probably a bottom five, or around there, uniform in the league.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php