NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

3 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

I like Paul Lukas' site and his work but how does he think this unveiling confirms last week's leak? 

It's that special kind of navel-gazing journalism that focuses on how a story relates to the author, rather than what the story is in and of itself.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, lgbaseball8 said:

https://ramsnewlook.com/

no tv numbers

When will they ever make replica jerseys with shorter sleeves? It's almost comical how weird the 3/4 yellow long sleeves look next to the jersey worn by Aaron Donald. So much negative space. I'm not saying I want tanktops but maybe something a little closer to what QBs wear, since most modern designs are made with almost-tanktops in mind anyway, so the replicas end up looking not even close to the real thing

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's that special kind of navel-gazing journalism that focuses on how a story relates to the author, rather than what the story is in and of itself.

But it wasn't even his work he claims the unveiling confirms. It was SportsLogos.net.

My main point is that I can't believe a details guy like Lukas thinks the Rams new alternate is the same as the one the autograph company created last week. That one is off-white with yellow sleeve stripes. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, sleuthpanther said:

Intentionally hinders their performance get OUTTA  here lmao, it obviously isn’t a massive hindrance if athletes with millions of dollars on the line are doing it. I’ve gotten to the point where I understand your distaste for the trend and I respect that, but pretending that it “shows their lack of intellect” is really silly. 

If this isn't performance hindering, I don't know what is.  Waiting to hear how it's not.

1277174444.jpg.jpg

• Like 16

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If this isn't performance hindering, I don't know what is.  Waiting to hear how it's not.

1277174444.jpg.jpg

If that was the back of the jersey he'd be sacked, so technically it's an advantage. 

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, MJWalker45 said:

If that was the back of the jersey he'd be sacked, so technically it's an advantage. 

If he didn't have the slob shirt, the Browns player would have whiffed completely.  Because of the shirt, he's at the very least being slowed up a tad - possibly even taken down by it, since it doesn't appear to be a tear-away. 

If he tries a spin move, he'll end up like a mummy!  Again, I don't expect much in the way of mature thought from the players, but shouldn't a coach be telling them how dumb it is?  Wouldn't the marketing people be like "we didn't design the uniform to have a cummerbund, so stop wearing contrasting long shirts (not that it's contrasting in this particular example.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If he didn't have the slob shirt, the Browns player would have whiffed completely.  Because of the shirt, he's at the very least being slowed up a tad - possibly even taken down by it, since it doesn't appear to be a tear-away. 

If he tries a spin move, he'll end up like a mummy!  Again, I don't expect much in the way of mature thought from the players, but shouldn't a coach be telling them how dumb it is?  Wouldn't the marketing people be like "we didn't design the uniform to have a cummerbund, so stop wearing contrasting long shirts (not that it's contrasting in this particular example.

http://www.yardbarker.com/media/7/2/721ae75525254a20502b8712568fa7b34d7d7acc/thumb_16x9/watch-myles-garrett-shows-off-freakish-strength.jpg?v=1

Watch Myles Garrett grab Washington quarterback Dwayne Haskins' shirt tail  for a sack - cleveland.com

Or he still gets sacked like he did, but instead Richardson hits him straight up  but two yards down the field. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I bought a Trevor Lawrence jersey as a Jags fan. Bought it in medium. very normal build, I'm 5'10" 175, and its pretty form fitting around chest and stomach. the sleeves go down to my elbows. I don't understand why they're like this, but can't we get some sort of happy medium? I mean, it's not like shortening them removes actual elements of the uniform...

And the Rams did this uniform right. They really did. If they came out with this, the blue uniform (with no number gradient), and strictly blue and yellow pants, I would've loved it.

• Like 2

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

I bought a Trevor Lawrence jersey as a Jags fan. Bought it in medium. very normal build, I'm 5'10" 175, and its pretty form fitting around chest and stomach. the sleeves go down to my elbows. I don't understand why they're like this, but can't we get some sort of happy medium? I mean, it's not like shortening them removes actual elements of the uniform...

And the Rams did this uniform right. They really did. If they came out with this, the blue uniform (with no number gradient), and strictly blue and yellow pants, I would've loved it.

I bought a L Browns home jersey and a XL Browns away jerseys because the L was tight, the XL is too loose for me. I also bought the $345 jersey because I like the authentic jerseys. I bought a size 48 because I'm a 45 across the chest. It's still a bit big though. I might do what I used to with my other authentic jerseys and get it altered a bit on the sides so it's not so breezy around my midline. I really wish they had a 46 option but I understand them not wanting to do that. 

35 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

When will they ever make replica jerseys with shorter sleeves? It's almost comical how weird the 3/4 yellow long sleeves look next to the jersey worn by Aaron Donald. So much negative space. I'm not saying I want tanktops but maybe something a little closer to what QBs wear, since most modern designs are made with almost-tanktops in mind anyway, so the replicas end up looking not even close to the real thing

It's annoying that they do this for women's cut jerseys but don't do it for unisex cuts. 

Baker Mayfield Cleveland Browns Nike Women's Game Jersey - White

Nick Chubb Cleveland Browns Nike Game Player Jersey - Brown

• Like 5

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

If anything, as others have said, this should have been the primary road jersey from day 1. Hopefully this will replace the bone jersey somewhere down the road. Still a bit too designer fashion-esque with the patch and the extra details, so it comes off as somewhat over designed. And every time I look at the number font I seem to like it less. Not a complete letdown, I think it is an upgrade over the leaked jersey shown. It should be somewhat of a hit with the fanbase.

I might be in the minority with this, but I think this look would be vastly improved with the yellow and blue inversed on the sleeves. I have always thought that the yellow sleeves look somewhat off. I understand issues with the yellow horns on a white background causing visibility issues, but I think it would be worth an attempt. Something similar to this look by Chris Ramirez on Behance, but replace colors/font/etc. with the current versions:

Los Angeles Rams Uniform Redesign on Behance

• Like 9

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Meh, it’s a fantastic upgrade over Bone, hopefully they get permission to actually replace the bone jersey with this, but it’s still probably one of the worst uniforms in the league. The number font and dumb fruit roll up pattern are awful, the name patch, the style of shoulder loops, the helmet still has a dumb horn design, and the shades of blue and yellow are off. It’s an insult to the original still and I’m not going to praise the Rams for the revolutionary idea of adopting a white uniform like they should’ve last year.

If this was unveiled last year it would be hated too. I rate it an F+, maybe a D-. 

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Baker Mayfield Cleveland Browns Nike Women's Game Jersey - White

Nick Chubb Cleveland Browns Nike Game Player Jersey - Brown

If it wasn't for the neckline, I'd be tempted to buy women's jerseys instead 😅 They're also cheaper!

It's about time they update the cut on those replicas though. Fashion has changed a lot in 20 years and the NBA have finally fixed the stupid looking boxy replicas with the wide shoulders, the NFL needs to follow suit

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, auguststaley said:

But it wasn't even his work he claims the unveiling confirms. It was SportsLogos.net.

My main point is that I can't believe a details guy like Lukas thinks the Rams new alternate is the same as the one the autograph company created last week. That one is off-white with yellow sleeve stripes. 

Yea it's like Lukas doesn't "Get It™"

• Like 6

Yeah, the bar was already low so anything would've been an instant upgrade. I still don't like the weird glossy look they're going with on the numbers and shoulder. This is less of an eyesore so they have that going. 

• Like 8

XM4KeeA.png