NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 minute ago, mattr1198 said:

Based on the uniform schedule, looks like save for a 10th anniversary SB XLVI day versus the Rams, the Giants are dumping their gray pants on the road uniforms, going for white-on-white full time this year. Feels like a long time coming imo.

ZDKk8HR.png

Vaguely looks like a new set of white pants with three red stripes. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Based on the uniform schedule, looks like save for a 10th anniversary SB XLVI day versus the Rams, the Giants are dumping their gray pants on the road uniforms, going for white-on-white full time this year. Feels like a long time coming imo.

ZDKk8HR.png

LAME

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, TGroce said:

spacer.png

The grey pants differentiated them and gave them a unique color balance (grey face mask/grey pants). Kind of like how the SF Giants wear off-white.  A touch of personality. I don't hate the white pants, it's just different.

• Like 8

I always was a fan of the Giants road uniforms with the red, and like the idea of the new white/red pants to match, but WOW with that color rush throwback literally right next to it on the graphic they put out, it's jarring how much better the throwback really is. Now that the  Super Bowls era has passed with coaches/players all but gone now, I think it's time to move on and make the throwback whites the fulltime away look with the NY logo on the helmets

• Like 9

Are the home white pants different now too? It's very hard to tell because I can only see a tiny portion of the stripes but it looks like the grey in the striping might be white now... Unless I'm just seeing things.

2 hours ago, Gobbi said:

Are the home white pants different now too? It's very hard to tell because I can only see a tiny portion of the stripes but it looks like the grey in the striping might be white now... Unless I'm just seeing things.

Apparently according to the Instagram post

I do not like these new white pants one bit. There’s now no blue below the helmet (besides the blue Nike swoosh, which bugs me to no end that it doesn’t match the red swoosh on the jersey). I agree that the gray pants were a nice touch that helped set them apart.

• Like 9

The Giants are moving to northwestern stripe pants for home and away? Interesting. I'll have to see in in action before I come to a full conclusion of what I think but just from that image it looks pretty nice on the away uniform.

If they really do have blue stripes on the home white pants then I don't think that will look good but we will see.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

On 8/8/2021 at 9:46 AM, Brian in Boston said:

spacer.png

To me, this Baltimore alternate logo has always looked like it was lifted from an episode of an Adult Swim series in which a suburban anthropomorphic raven insurance salesman walked in on his wife getting banged by a raccoon plumber. 

?????!!!!! Huh????

• Like 3

It's hard to tell but the white home pants look like the ones they've been wearing for the past few years according to their uni schedule. Also looks like they've dropped the white-bottomed socks.

h04j7sl08gdeooio1vbp.jpg

• Like 3

Man, I was hoping the Giants actually went through with new white pants at home but oh well. I love the idea of blue dominant home and red dominant away, it's an interesting quirk.

Also, I find it really funny that these white pants were probably brought in just so that they could have a stupid 10th Anniversary "throwback" uniform.  HOW THE HELL ARE YOU GONNA HAVE A THROWBACK TO SOMETHING YOU WORE A YEAR AGO?!

• Like 18

bSLCtu2.png

Them missing the gray will look odd. Blue and White to me is the Colts, RWB is the Bills. The gray was an excellent differentiator.

Now that they are seemingly dropping the gray, they need a touch-up on the uniforms. I like the White facemask, NY or Giants on the helmets I'm indifferent, but the set should be based around that color rush uniform, it is truly an elite look.

• Like 6

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

2 hours ago, Froob said:

Giants look great. Dumping the grey pants is a great move. Grey isn’t even in their color scheme.

According to True Color gray is actually in their color scheme. But with the removal of the gray pants, then need to change the facemask to white. 

• Like 3

spacer.png