NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

5 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Is it though? A reminder on your chest to be even better than you already were is being an a-hole?

Yes it is, no one in the history of the sport can say what he’s saying if he went with 7, atleast go to 10 because that was his college number, or 16 after childhood hero joe Montana, not 7 because I’m going after that 7th SB.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yes it is, no one in the history of the sport can say what he’s saying if he went with 7, atleast go to 10 because that was his college number, or 16 after childhood hero joe Montana, not 7 because I’m going after that 7th SB.

There really shouldn’t be a problem with changing his number to 7. All athletes have different reasons for number choices. Some more bogus than others.

• Like 3

Yes.

And some reasons are more douchy than others.  Brady was floating among the douchiest reason I’ve ever heard. 

Even Joe Girardi, when he chose number 27, was talking about the club’s total wins.  As in he wanted he team as a whole to win their 27th.  He wasn’t talking about himself. 

• Like 8
  • Yawn 1

If you're upset about Brady's reasoning for wanting #7, you're just predisposed to disliking Tom Brady.  Everyone has their reasons for wanting a certain number, and I'm sure a lot of them have to do with personal reasons rather than something for a team.  I'm not sure how anyone's reasoning for any number could be "douchey", unless it's something like "I want 14, because it's my goal to bang 14 girls at a time", or "I want 4, because I'm trying to get my 4th STD".

He became a mercenary, and went to the Bucs specifically to (get out of New England, but also) win his next SB.  He's not part of the fabric of the franchise or community, and I don't think anyone in the team or fanbase thinks of him as a "Tampa guy".  Everyone knows the deal with him.

• Like 28

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Don’t be surprised if Washington breaks out the yellow pants next season. I assume it’s still an option if the throwbacks are still around.

Just because the throwbacks are still around doesn’t mean the gold pants are. They’ll probably put stripes back on the helmet before they bring out the gold pants again

On 1/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, BBTV said:

If you're upset about Brady's reasoning for wanting #7, you're just predisposed to disliking Tom Brady.  Everyone has their reasons for wanting a certain number, and I'm sure a lot of them have to do with personal reasons rather than something for a team.  I'm not sure how anyone's reasoning for any number could be "douchey", unless it's something like "I want 14, because it's my goal to bang 14 girls at a time", or "I want 4, because I'm trying to get my 4th STD".

lM9pDPY.png

• Like 11

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Cleveland Browns Unveil 75th Anniversary Logo

January 29, 2021 - 17:14 PM

The Cleveland Browns revealed a special logo on Friday that commemorates the 75th anniversary of their founding. Founded by former Massillon Washington and Ohio State football coach Paul Brown and Cleveland businessman Arthur B. McBride in 1946, the Browns were an original member of the All-American Football Conference. They were

Read More...

51 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

Have to assume this is going to be a throwback of some sort.

So this year's uniform with standard block and possibly numbers on the helmets. I'd love Nike to take a page from Rutgers' full sleeve jersey and make 3/4 length jerseys for the game. 

JIM BROWN SPORT MAGAZINE JANUARY 1962 CLEVELAND BROWNS at Amazon's Sports  Collectibles Store

Men's Cleveland Browns Jim Brown Mitchell & Ness Brown 1964 Authentic  Throwback Retired Player Jersey

Rutgers announces Throwback Uniforms to commemorate 150th anniversary of  college football - On the Banks

• Like 8

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png