NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'll probably buy it at the end of the year when it goes on sale since it's on PC and there are groups that use it to create the uniforms not in Madden and to make other leagues as well. The advantage of Madden 21 is that they have the yard which is 7v7 football and I'll probably get it to recreate some of my arena football leagues. 

Madden for PC is back?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This would be my ideal Giants set. It keeps the current home jersey with a smidge of red, restores the 80s stripe but keeps the red numbers/socks for the road like they’ve had for much of their history, and there’s a gray pants option too. The blue socks could also be worn with the white jersey. 

Most importantly, there’s continuity between the home and road uniforms. 

Giants

Yes.

Why are they not wearing that?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, elliott said:

Yes.

Why are they not wearing that?

The basically tried that with gray pants. Story goes hen they did the redesign in  2000 the white/road was much more uniform, they used red numbers and socks but there was blue trim to tie the set together. They even went blue socks in 02 but apparently one of the mara elders was strong armed into that and wanted the traditional throwback look and they finally acquiesced back to the white/red with northwestern stripes. Now here we are repeating the late 60's/early 70's all over again. 

• Like 3

On 8/10/2021 at 1:40 AM, RedmondOrbit said:

It's hard to tell but the white home pants look like the ones they've been wearing for the past few years according to their uni schedule. Also looks like they've dropped the white-bottomed socks.

h04j7sl08gdeooio1vbp.jpg

Let's just call their color rush uniforms their throwbacks if they wear the right socks for them.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

How so?

The graphics for PC depend on how strong your computer is. With consoles they can upgrade the look and speed of the game, with varying levels of computer quality they can upgrade somewhat but not as much as they can with known capabilities of consoles. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Not sure what's worse. The Giants throwbacks being a uniform they wore last season or when the Chiefs wear a throwback, but it's just changing the facemask from white to gray. 

I get what you're saying about the Chiefs but what is the better alternative? They have kept their classic uniforms essentially unchanged for the entire existence of the franchise (I know there have been striping, number outline, TV number placement changes) so if you want a throwback it's going to be a minor detail like the facemark changing color.

Or they could be like many other teams in the league which have diluted and/or changed uniforms so much that fans are clamoring for throwbacks.

I'll take the Chiefs strategy over what a team like the Dolphins has done. Sure, we get great throwbacks occasionally but it's been at the expense of decades of uniforms that weren't as good as the throwbacks.

• Like 5

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

5 hours ago, JTernup said:

I get what you're saying about the Chiefs but what is the better alternative? They have kept their classic uniforms essentially unchanged for the entire existence of the franchise (I know there have been striping, number outline, TV number placement changes) so if you want a throwback it's going to be a minor detail like the facemark changing color.

Or they could be like many other teams in the league which have diluted and/or changed uniforms so much that fans are clamoring for throwbacks.

I'll take the Chiefs strategy over what a team like the Dolphins has done. Sure, we get great throwbacks occasionally but it's been at the expense of decades of uniforms that weren't as good as the throwbacks.

They should do a Texans throwback like they did for the AFL 50th anniversary. Shouldn't even need the two helmet rule thing since it's just a decal swap. They're even playing Dallas again this year

92393513-dallas-cowboys-v-kansas-city-chiefs.jpg-850x560.jpg

• Like 6

They should do a Texans throwback like they did for the AFL 60th anniversary. Shouldn't even need the two helmet rule thing since it's just a decal swap. They're even playing Dallas again this year

That would be a nice looking game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

Only twitter speculation,  but rumor has it we will be seeing 1936 green / yellow throwbacks for the Packers.

I'll check the Pro Shop tomorrow.  I'm going to a pre-season game for the first time since I don't know when.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

Speaking of white facemasks, I watched the Bills tonight and couldn't stand theirs... If they really don't want to go grey anymore they should consider blue. White masks and helmets are looking weird along their "classic" uniforms and the Dolphins already own white/white in the AFC east...

s-l400.jpg

DymqGaxWoAY0XS1.jpg

• Like 13

10 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

I'll be honest, I kind of like the Falcons new uniforms when they decide to not play in monochrome. B/B/W is actually a good looking uniform, they just choose not to wear it

What made the whole look come together was the black socks.  The number font is still an atrocious nightmare, but last night's combo is easily their best look 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, JTernup said:

The word classic is thrown around too loosely. And people don't have an objective standard of what change is, so they are biased. Yes, KC has made changes with its uniforms with the aforementioned things in the team's history. Their old Dallas Texans throwback would be worth resurrecting.

On 8/13/2021 at 5:23 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll check the Pro Shop tomorrow.  I'm going to a pre-season game for the first time since I don't know when.

Narrator: there was nothing in the Pro Shop, and the one person asked didn't even know the release date

• Like 1

It's where I sit.