NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

12 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

The Packers yet again refuse to make historically accurate numbers, and this is the easiest historic number set to get right since its still being cut and sewn on jerseys in San Francisco and throwbacks in Indianapolis.   Also, the green could definitely be brighter; it looks like they're using their current forest green rather than kelly green.  However, I do love that the logos are based on the coaches' gear, but I doubt the font that is being used is historically accurate, even though there wasn't a lot of source pixels to work with; the hat and shirt logos were most likely blockier.

Brighter green, blockier logos and correct number font:

LyyZJYp.png

The problem with the numbers are there are three different 4's and at least two different 5's, 7's, 6's and 1's in  the original uniforms.

Packers unveil alternate uniform based on 1950s threads | WLUK

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

14 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The problem with the numbers are there are three different 4's and at least two different 5's, 7's, 6's and 1's in  the original uniforms.

Yeah 1950's nfl uniform and equipment management would be considered at the level of an under-funded high school of today. Based on the graphic above, that font looks like russell's standard varsity block.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

So this is how the Packers are promoting the new alt in the Pro Shop, alongside a reproduction of the 1955 uniform. 

spacer.png

I’m guessing the Hall of Fame didn’t have a mannequin in the 1950 uniform this actually recreates.  

just noticed the mannequin's helmet has the green mask...since this is more a color rush than throwback they should have kept the green.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

That is also the 1953 team photo, where these style of jerseys have been renumbered and maintained for 4 seasons.  They wore alts in the the 1950 team photo, but in 1951, only a couple jerseys had been renumbered making it clear what the intended number font is:

1951-team.jpg?sfvrsn=d97610fe_6

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

So this is how the Packers are promoting the new alt in the Pro Shop, alongside a reproduction of the 1955 uniform. 

spacer.png

I’m guessing the Hall of Fame didn’t have a mannequin in the 1950 uniform this actually recreates.  

That's a damn shame it's not in kelly green.  It's funny though, when I went to the Pro Shop at the beginning of Training Camp, I saw the GB logo sideline caps and just thought they were part of a lame league-wide sideline cap city initials template.

• Like 8

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

spacer.png

Lol wtf, it isn't even close. They clearly just wanted an excuse to make a green monochrome uni to be ugly alongside their white one.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

That is also the 1953 team photo, where these style of jerseys have been renumbered and maintained for 4 seasons.  They wore alts in the the 1950 team photo, but in 1951, only a couple jerseys had been renumbered making it clear what the intended number font is:

Clearly they intended the numbers to be blockish , yellow, and legible. Don't think they had a style/branding guide other than close enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, guest23 said:

Clearly they intended the numbers to be blockish , yellow, and legible. Don't think they had a style/branding guide other than close enough.

They said on a forum discussing the minute details of sports design.

• Like 1

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

Watching the Chiefs in red pants...I'm still not a fan.  I wonder if they'd look better if they matched the stripes on the shoulders of the red jersey:

WuqHOI4.png

IMO this would look better...and it'd make all the striping consistent (yellow in center and 3 total stripes)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

I seriously doubt they re-numbered any jerseys.  The pattern was to keep uniforms as long as possible, buying a few new ones every year to replace those that could no longer be re-stitched together.  Since they had different vendors from year to year, that meant different stock numbers.  It is very unlikely any of those number fonts were a deliberate choice. 

19 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I seriously doubt they re-numbered any jerseys.  The pattern was to keep uniforms as long as possible, buying a few new ones every year to replace those that could no longer be re-stitched together.  Since they had different vendors from year to year, that meant different stock numbers.  It is very unlikely any of those number fonts were a deliberate choice. 

Well okay, but I feel like there was a big order in for uniforms in one place in 1950 with the Wilson/Russell block, and the wider block was the quickly made local shop replacements.

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

4 hours ago, Meshmaster101 said:

oh lord alt helmet shells got approved be prepared to see :censored: like this on social media lol

Brand New Uniform Designs For All 32 NFL Teams – TheBrainyPenny

Ironically you just did what you're preparing to have to deal with.  

• Like 18

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I know I'm nitpicking, but I liked the width of the stripes more in the earlier days of the Vikings uniforms.

spacer.png

That tends to show that sleeves have shrunk further from 2013, IMO

• Like 2

It's where I sit.