NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 1/28/2021 at 9:04 AM, BBTV said:

If you're upset about Brady's reasoning for wanting #7, you're just predisposed to disliking Tom Brady.  Everyone has their reasons for wanting a certain number, and I'm sure a lot of them have to do with personal reasons rather than something for a team.  I'm not sure how anyone's reasoning for any number could be "douchey", unless it's something like "I want 14, because it's my goal to bang 14 girls at a time", or "I want 4, because I'm trying to get my 4th STD".

He became a mercenary, and went to the Bucs specifically to (get out of New England, but also) win his next SB.  He's not part of the fabric of the franchise or community, and I don't think anyone in the team or fanbase thinks of him as a "Tampa guy".  Everyone knows the deal with him.

Who’s to say that Brady doesn’t have an offseason goal of getting seven STDs simultaneously and going seven days before seeking treatment?

Well, besides Giselle I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froob said:

What year are these from?

Late fifties? 

I believe Lombardi was on Paul Brown’s staff when the team switched to orange helmets, which in turn inspired him to put the Packers in yellow helmets. 

EDIT: Lombardi was never with the Browns. I’m pretty sure their look inspired Green Bay’s, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Froob said:

What year are these from?

In terms of when that picture is from? I want to say 2009 when all the former AFL teams celebrated 50 years since the merger. Now, considering Cleveland wasn’t an AFL team, chances are they wanted to fit in with the crowd.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Late fifties? 

I believe Lombardi was on Paul Brown’s staff when the team switched to orange helmets, which in turn inspired him to put the Packers in yellow helmets. 

EDIT: Lombardi was never with the Browns. I’m pretty sure their look inspired Green Bay’s, though. 

they also wore orange sporadically throughout the fifties. That could be another possibility.

PaHfS_Uwmd6qeX39_V4rdKypa9bstzrp1zutFM7WLx0whYNx90lyIguxyYNb9-kGeuzNH4NOYHEdl2yWgCTs5jVyIaO5QP3sIlckOMRSAEdYnMxBrFrNPCNAFS2qKAqPhrrQk3Lm

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Late fifties? 

Lombardi was with the Giants. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

36 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Lombardi was with the Giants. 

I know. But the Browns were a major power in the ‘50s and I’ve read that something about their look appealed to Lombardi - specifically the color balance. He decided the helmet should be the team’s secondary color because of them. And then he extended that idea to the pants. He had an opinion on what a winner should look like. 

2 hours ago, PittsburghSucks said:

And I'm pretty sure the one helmet rule is going away next season?

No confirmation on that, yet. And if that decision had been made early enough that teams would already be making design decisions over it, I'd think we'd have heard by now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

No confirmation on that, yet. And if that decision had been made early enough that teams would already be making design decisions over it, I'd think we'd have heard by now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen.

For everybody cheering on alt helmets for throwback white Patriots, orange Bucs, red Bills, etc, Nike is thinking sea foam green Cowboys, yellow Chiefs, neon green Seahawks, Black 49ers, grey Giants...

...and who knows what they'd do to the Rams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Would love to see a return to a block font, I think it fits the team well, along with the old script Browns. If the helmet logo went back to 2D, I think that'd be an improvement too. Feels like a little too much space in the middle, but overall a solid homage to team history.