NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

I saw highlights of the Bills-Bears game. Not a big fan of the white facemasks and as much as I don't like grey facemasks, they should've stayed. I don't see why they couldn't have moved to blue ones.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I saw highlights of the Bills-Bears game. Not a big fan of the white facemasks and as much as I don't like grey facemasks, they should've stayed. I don't see why they couldn't have moved to blue ones.

I disagree. The white facemask flow more with the uniform and not a sore thumb sticking out from the rest of the uniform like the gray facemasks were. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

On 8/21/2021 at 11:58 AM, crosfam said:

I  finally saw Bengals in action last night.  Huge improvement. Lets hope white side panels on color jerseys never resurface.   Thier white jersey is likely thier best look.   

Let's hope that NO side panels occur on any colored jerseys. For example, the Titans side panels are trash: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11

spacer.png

If the Titans just wore the Argonauts uniforms (with their new light-blue pants) and swapped out the jersey wordmark, they'd look a million times better.

dj-foster-210821.jpg

• Like 20

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 minutes ago, BBTV said:

If the Titans just wore the Argonauts uniforms (with their new light-blue pants) and swapped out the jersey wordmark, they'd look a million times better.

dj-foster-210821.jpg

It's just changing over designed for boring. Not really a jump in class. 

• Like 13

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

What you call 'boring' I call 'classic'.  I'm certainly not staunch traditionalist when it comes to design, but I'll take classic (or 'conservative', if you will) over trash like what they currently wear.

If I was designing the Titans to my liking I'd probably go a little more contemporary than those Argonauts uniforms, but right now, Toronto is the best looking double-blue professional football team in North America*.

*unless I forgot about one.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, BBTV said:

What you call 'boring' I call 'classic'.  I'm certainly not staunch traditionalist when it comes to design, but I'll take classic (or 'conservative', if you will) over trash like what they currently wear.

If I was designing the Titans to my liking I'd probably go a little more contemporary than those Argonauts uniforms, but right now, Toronto is the best looking double-blue professional football team in North America*.

*unless I forgot about one.

If the Argos still had their sleeve stripes I would agree, but that jersey is just an overpriced practice jersey.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, Tracy MidGrady said:

NFL should really adopt clash rules, like up there both teams shouldn't be wearing navy pants, road team should be forced to a different color

What would you do whenever the Steelers play the Packers?

• Like 6

spacer.png

20 minutes ago, Jamesizzo said:

What would you do whenever the Steelers play the Packers?

Have the road team wear white pants, I suppose. Pittsburgh could go black or white. I don't think it should be a rule, but I think it's a courtesy that road teams should consider, at least when it comes to yellow pants.

• Like 5

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, nuordr said:

Let's hope that NO side panels occur on any colored jerseys. For example, the Titans side panels are trash: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Did they give a reasoning (nikespeak or not) for the pit stains when they debuted these unis? What could they have possibly been thinking when they decided to put them in the uniform?

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Have the road team wear white pants, I suppose. Pittsburgh could go black or white. I don't think it should be a rule, but I think it's a courtesy that road teams should consider, at least when it comes to yellow pants.

I think similar helmets would be a far bigger deal than similar pants, not that either is a real issue.  Maybe if helmet and pants are the same color for both teams it would be something worth considering.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I think similar helmets would be a far bigger deal than similar pants, not that either is a real issue.  Maybe if helmet and pants are the same color for both teams it would be something worth considering.

Nobody but us cares.

And not all of us care (or agree) with this line of thinking.

• Like 3

It's where I sit.

I was always curious how the Packers would look with a "clash" set of white pants. Then they came up with them for Color Rush and I realized I didn't like it. Do the math for how many times they would have visited the Steelers, the Rams, and the team who shall not be named, and they would need them so seldom as not to be worth it. Then, as it turned out, the Rams didn't commit to yellow pants and the other team apparently considered their yellow pants as objectionable as their nickname, so the whole point is moot.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, nuordr said:

Let's hope that NO side panels occur on any colored jerseys. For example, the Titans side panels whole uniforms are trash: 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited for accuracy; see above.

1 hour ago, ManillaToad said:

Did they give a reasoning (nikespeak or not) for the pit stains when they debuted these unis? What could they have possibly been thinking when they decided to put them in the uniform?

I don't think they ever did; that said, considering they built that set on what at the time was a new Nike template, methinks it was a/ a way to show off some of the panels of said template and b/ a way to force columbia Titans Blue in there...since they decided to shove so much two-tone gray up on the shoulders and a little more on the pants.

(My God, though...those Titans joints and the alarm clock joints the Bucs just jettisoned really might be two of, if not the two, worst NFL sets of all time...)

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 8/20/2021 at 3:13 PM, packerfan21396 said:

That is also the 1953 team photo, where these style of jerseys have been renumbered and maintained for 4 seasons.  They wore alts in the the 1950 team photo, but in 1951, only a couple jerseys had been renumbered making it clear what the intended number font is:

1951-team.jpg?sfvrsn=d97610fe_6

I think “intended number font” is a bit strong. 

This number font is the stock font from the manufacturer.   It’s highly unlikely that the Packers chose it any more than the chose the similar-but-distinct versions on the subsequent uniform orders.

yes, I would like the Packers to use a different number font on their alternates (hell, I want the Packers to use a different number font for their regular uniforms), but I don’t think what they did really violates the spirit of the throwbacks. 

On 8/20/2021 at 1:59 PM, MJWalker45 said:

The problem with the numbers are there are three different 4's and at least two different 5's, 7's, 6's and 1's in  the original uniforms.

Packers unveil alternate uniform based on 1950s threads | WLUK

Heck, if my eyes don't deceive me, No. 44 (near the top left) is wearing two different 4s on the front of his jersey.

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃