NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 9/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

ALL it is is a Photoshop. It looks like a creation in a more modern format than what was typical of the time. The Nikespeak, website, presentation all look good, but I don't buy that this was a real consideration by the Eagles.

Maybe some of the pros here could comment on whether they would be allowed to share a work product like this after the fact.

It depends. In my opinion, it’s poor form to show work like this when the paint is still wet, so to speak, but now, ten years after the fact, when most of the people involved are probably not even still working for their respective organizations, I think it’s fine.

But here’s a tip for stuff like this: look at who’s posting and their credentials.

“I started my career in digital retail, then moved agency side for a couple years. After that I joined the NFL league office in New York where I spent 10 years working on the brand in a wide range of capacities. During that time, the thing that brought me the most joy was seeing the excitement from the fans when we would release new team branding and during our events when they would take photos of our work.”

Real.

• Like 6

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The cowboys' white color rush jersey sucks.  And navy is a dull choice for them. 

I prefer them to the normal white jerseys simply because they’re at least more in line with the navy jerseys (color coordination, numbers/number outlines). Definitely gives off a better sense of cohesiveness. They can change the shade of blue to Royal or whatever they want, but at least the styles of the jerseys are close.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Meh 1

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The cowboys' white color rush jersey sucks.  And navy is a dull choice for them. 

I will continue to advocate for dark royal and metallic blue-silver... the color scheme they wore in the 70's when that uniform was designed, when they actually became the f'n Cowboys, before their sacks shriveled up and they decided their actual blue jerseys were "cursed".  Losers.

Madden finally included that uniform and it’s gorgeous. That dark royal is the perfect blue for the Cowboys. 

Because the Cowboys finally went away from the very green seafoam pants to what they wear now, the home uniform does look better, but if we do what old school is advocating for, we’d go back to being a top 5 uniform again. Do you know when the Cowboys went away from that dark royal and metallic blue-silver? Was it some time in the late 80’s?

Despite the mismatching colors on the white, that’s still their best uniform tho. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

6 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Madden finally included that uniform and it’s gorgeous. That dark royal is the perfect blue for the Cowboys. 

Because the Cowboys finally went away from the very green seafoam pants to what they wear now, the home uniform does look better, but if we do what old school is advocating for, we’d go back to being a top 5 uniform again. Do you know when the Cowboys went away from that dark royal and metallic blue-silver? Was it some time in the late 80’s?

Despite the mismatching colors on the white, that’s still their best uniform tho. 

The Cowboys had a royal blue jersey that got pulled out once or twice a year through the 1980 season.  They wore it with the same blue/gray pants that they wore with the white jersey. It made for a nice looking uniform. spacer.png

spacer.png

As the 70's went on, more and more teams started forcing in Cowboys into their non-preferred dark jersey by choosing a white at home option.  Dallas must have lost a game or two in them along the way, and some less than bright individuals decided the blue jerseys were "bad luck". This culminated in the 1980 NFC championship game, when the Eagles wore WAH and beat the Cowboys to go to their first Superbowl. 

spacer.png

(I have fond memories of this game as a kid watching Danny White cry on the sidelines as time ticked away. Good times.)  Now, anybody with half a brain knows the Eagles won that game because they were a better team... period.  But some numbskull in Dallas decided that "bad luck" didn't cover it and went all the way to "cursed", which put the nail in this uniform's coffin.

The next year, 1981, we got this...

spacer.png

spacer.png 

Suddenly, out of no where, navy blue, along with single outline numbers, and sleeve stripes that echo the home uniform's... also check out that dopey hip number.

So, this is the sole reason for Dallas' use of navy blue.  Not because it was previously one of their colors... not because it especially looks good, or fits them better.  The reason they started wear navy... the ONLY reason they ever started wearing navy... is because they needed a dark jersey, and royal blue was deemed to be off limits because (eye rolls, everybody) it was cursed!  I know... grown men, right? 

That uniform was changed to having double outline numbers within two years, although still with silver numbers, and the sleeves still followed the home template...

spacer.png

That jersey hung around until 1996, which is when the current navy blue "curse-breaker" showed up...

spacer.png

Different sleeves, and the inferior all white double-outlined numbers.  This is about the time when Jerry Jones brought out those criminally over rated "double-star" white jerseys, thereby IMO cementing the mistaken notion that the Cowboys are a navy and silver team, despite the obvious fact that their own preferred uniform, by a large margin, is the white uniform with the clearly royal blue numbers. 

Dumping those seafoam green pants was a step in the right direction, but obviously they still don't match the helmets.  They need to match up the helmet and pants by adding a bit of blue the the helmet color, and bit of gray to the pants color, and then redesign a royal blue dark jersey that carries over the home template. Then, they'd not only look great, they would more importantly look the way they're supposed to.

The Cowboys' color situation is a lot like the Padres. It doesn't matter how long the Padres wore navy (see a pattern?) and how many secondary colors they pared it with. After a quarter century, they were still just a team avoiding their real color scheme. The one that was uniquely theirs, and the one that, when they finally broke down and went back to it, everybody just sighed and realized it was right. Tons of teams across sports wear navy and silver. ONE wears royal blue and metallic blue silver.

• Like 31

23 hours ago, Chromatic said:

Whatever the Cowboys do I'd like to see them actually wear their navy jerseys. They're so much better than the whites its a shame they're never seen due to a really dumb superstition. I can understand opting for white in the playoffs due to a tradition (though I still think its silly) but once you opt to exclusively wear one uniform as much as possible, you're throwing out whatever jinx you may believe exists because now all your losses are in the uniform you believe to be good luck.

I don't have a problem with them wearing white as much as possible, but they just need to change the shade of blue in the jersey & the silver pants to match the helmet. Also change the weird black trim on the sleeves to silver.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

It bothers me that the NFL is willing to be so hardline about their socks yet they'll let players get away with this sloppy BS when it comes to their undershirts.

Seattle Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf (14) runs after the catch in front of San Francisco 49ers defensive back Emmanuel Moseley (4) during an NFL football game on Sunday, October 3, 2021 in Santa Clara, California.

Los Angeles Rams inside linebacker Kenny Young (41) celebrates during an NFL football game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, September 26, 2021 in Inglewood, California.

WR Sammy Watkins

When's the last time the NFL was hardline about the way guys wear their socks lol

• Like 17

6 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

When's the last time the NFL was hardline about the way guys wear their socks lol

They have an official policy on how the socks should be worn and as far as I'm aware are still fining players for violating it.  But players can wear a clashing sundress beneath their jerseys that flutters around their rear and the NFL seems fine with it.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

4 hours ago, Chromatic said:

They have an official policy on how the socks should be worn and as far as I'm aware are still fining players for violating it.  But players can wear a clashing sundress beneath their jerseys that flutters around their rear and the NFL seems fine with it.

It was a tough year, even NFL superstars want to get railed in a sundress

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

The only sock policy that’s enforced is they need to be all the way up to the pants, and team colors. They don’t even have to be socks but can be tights. They have really stopped caring about socks in the past 2 years.

• Like 4

On 10/7/2021 at 12:58 PM, Chromatic said:

If they're getting fined for socks, they're getting fined for undershirts too. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png