NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe.  Or the fines are so small they just don't care.

What can they fine for socks now? There are no rules that apply to them now. Undershirts I don’t know if there is a rule for them other than they must be a solid team color by an approved supplier.

Panthers helmets look more metallicy than I recall - almost bedazzled.  While they look great, the contrast with the flat-gray pants is pain inducing.  If silver pants simply aren't an option anymore (and we know that they could be an option) then I'd prefer them to wear black full time, even if it looks ridiculous with their blue jerseys. 

They, more than just about any other team, need to go the route of the teams that never switched to the Nike pants.  I thought they were one of the holdouts, but I guess they gave in after a while.

19 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Are we still doing the best and worst uniforms of the week threads? I haven't seen them recently but I always liked them. 

That was an @infrared41 thread, which I used to enjoy, even though I didn't always with his picks.  It always generated good discussion.

With his permission, I wouldn't mind taking the torch and do my own 3+2 (or however many it was) type thread and let people rip me a new one.  It could even be called "Infrared41's 3+2 by BBTV" or something.  It just wouldn't be posted until Tuesday, unless the MNF game was an obvious non-factor. 

We obviously don't want everyone creating their own best-of threads, so I'm asking the Majestic12 for the green light for a one-off.  @infrared41?

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

That was an @infrared41 thread, which I used to enjoy, even though I didn't always with his picks.  It always generated good discussion.

With his permission, I wouldn't mind taking the torch and do my own 3+2 (or however many it was) type thread and let people rip me a new one.  It could even be called "Infrared41's 3+2 by BBTV" or something.  It just wouldn't be posted until Tuesday, unless the MNF game was an obvious non-factor. 

We obviously don't want everyone creating their own best-of threads, so I'm asking the Majestic12 for the green light for a one-off.  @infrared41?

I'll  bet you get about a 24-3 vote in your favor.

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

I can't think of anyone I'd rather see pick up the torch. You have my blessing and the blessing of the M-XII. (Final vote was 22-5 @Sec19Row53) I may even occasionally drop in and do my own lists here and there if it's OK with you. Call it what you want, but I have to admit that I like the sound of "infrared41 presents BBTV's Best and Worst of the Week."

11 hours ago, BBTV said:

Why does the thread have to be about one person's picks? Can we have a thread that isn't just pointing to one person's pick of bests and worsts? Because that was no fun. Have the thread be for everyone. There is no point if the person who starts the threads shows off their bests and worsts and having people comment on them, but don't look at others users' bests and worsts and do likewise.

It's fun when the thread is for everybody, and that users can say to each other what they don't like about their lists or agree about, and it be made known that this is all fair game.

8 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Why does the thread have to be about one person's picks?

Because the thread was called "infrared41's Best and Worst?"

Have the thread be for everyone.

It was. You didn't need a special code or password to participate in it.

It's fun when the thread is for everybody, and that users can say to each other what they don't like about their lists or agree about, and it be made known that this is all fair game.

Maybe you should take a look at how I did those lists. I don't think you get how they worked.

Why does the thread have to be about one person's picks? Can we have a thread that isn't just pointing to one person's pick of bests and worsts? Because that was no fun. Have the thread be for everyone. There is no point if the person who starts the threads shows off their bests and worsts and having people comment on them, but don't look at others users' bests and worsts and do likewise.

From what I remember, @infrared41's thread was for everybody; he just got the party started each week ("your mileage may vary").  People were welcome to agree, disagree, and/or submit their own picks for best/worst matchups in there. 

Just now, tBBP said:

From what I remember, @infrared41's thread was for everybody; he just got the party started each week ("your mileage may vary").  People were welcome to agree, disagree, and/or submit their own picks for best/worst matchups in there. 

Exactly.

I would personally like to see the Pats try red(-topped w/white bottom) socks for away games, a la Judon's red sleeves, especially since the NYG — save for 1 week this season — have practically eliminated their unique (essentially lone remaining) look of 4 different colored uniform elements. It is essentially just a swap of the Giants' (basically now-former) road pants & helmet colors.

The only other team seemingly left that will wear 4 different colors throughout is the rare occasion when the Bucs decide to go pewter/red/white/black. The Rams' navy/white/gold/royal is long gone. Unfortunately, the Panthers also threw away their silver/white/black/blue for whatever reason, plus never even tried silver/white/blue/black.

I wish ATL would bring back silver/grey pants with red socks to go along with black helmet & white jersey (even though the numbers are now black instead of red). ATL in red/white/silver (grey)/black could work, too. Additionally, Philly could probably pull off a green/white/silver (grey)/black appearance. I don't really count Dallas, despite the fact that they technically use 4 different hues for their home aka most frequent apparel appearance.

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

Here we go - I figured I'd make the 'discussion' forum useful:

Over on my facebook page, Sports Aesthetics, we have members take a survey weekly to rate the uniform matchups each week over the last 5 seasons. It has been fun and the results each week are normally more traditonal leaning, but there are some surprises.