NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 10/13/2021 at 6:30 AM, BBTV said:

that is better. I wonder how gray socks or silver tights would look, especially with the home set. 

I would like to see more of that but I think you need a darker color at the bottom of the sock to give a bit of a natural break/contrast against the white bottom. The dolphins did something like that when they launched the cruise ship redesign. The lions attempted gray/silver socks with their blue road pants and it just looked a bit off with gray touching white.

4 hours ago, guest23 said:

The lions attempted gray/silver socks with their blue road pants and it just looked a bit off with gray touching white.

Matte grey clashed with metallic silver, too. It's hard to move helmet/pants metallics to jerseys and socks. If you put the 49ers in red pants and beige socks on the road, they'd look weird, too. 

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wow I guess the league knows better than the Jags do…

I don’t mind the minimalism of the Jaguars current set, but it definitely needs an outline for a pop of color on the black and white jerseys. They’re literally glorified practice jerseys. There’s nothing distinctive about them. 

• Like 12

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

9 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

NFL Instagram with an interesting graphic... teal outlines on the Jaguar's black jerseys. I'm sure it's more of a case of bad photoshop than anything else though. To my knowledge, Trevor Lawrence has not yet worn the Jags' black jerseys.

CuAYqSC.png

Yep poor photo shop, doesn’t even include the teal cuffs.

55 minutes ago, dont care said:

Yep poor photo shop, doesn’t even include the teal cuffs.

Which I’m sure damn near everyone would be willing to drop in favor of teal number outlines 

3 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Can we just like take the average of the last Jags' set and the current one and call it a day? One is too complicated, the other too simple. Find the middle ground, please. 

Current Helmet

Previous Jerseys (probably unpopular opinion, but I liked them)

New Pants with proper striping

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Which I’m sure damn near everyone would be willing to drop in favor of teal number outlines 

Current Helmet

Previous Jerseys (probably unpopular opinion, but I liked them)

New Pants with proper striping

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. For the pants, maybe they could take the 90's striping and cut them at an angle to match the jersey numbers. That would look great.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this. For the pants, maybe they could take the 90's striping and cut them at an angle to match the jersey numbers. That would look great.

No, randomly cut pants stripes are the worst part of Nike designs from the mid 10’s

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Yeah, I definitely prefer the old shades

spacer.png

That would look a lot better with a matte or even satin helmet.  I'm not sure if it's even possible to match that specific color across mediums, but having a flat finish on the lid might at least make it closer.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, BBTV said:

That would look a lot better with a matte or even satin helmet.  I'm not sure if it's even possible to match that specific color across mediums, but having a flat finish on the lid might at least make it closer.

It reminds me of the situation Minnesota encountered a couple seasons ago.

(new on left, old on right)

spacer.png

In their case, it’s still the same finish, but at least it shows something like a slight color change would be possible to accommodate the rest of the uniform.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

NFL Instagram with an interesting graphic... teal outlines on the Jaguar's black jerseys. I'm sure it's more of a case of bad photoshop than anything else though. To my knowledge, Trevor Lawrence has not yet worn the Jags' black jerseys.

CuAYqSC.png

That mistake is how their jerseys should look and would be a massive improvement.

(They also need gold somewhere (double outline?) and a proper pants stripe, but I'll settle for just number outlines at least.)

On 10/17/2021 at 4:15 AM, fouhy12 said:

Can we just like take the average of the last Jags' set and the current one and call it a day? One is too complicated, the other too simple. Find the middle ground, please. 

I agree. I may be in that minority that didn't mind the Jags' prior sets. A little too busy, and the half black/half gold helmets were ridiculous, but there was a lot to like in there. 

spacer.png

• Like 11

I can't think of a uniform in football that sways so far between great to not good at all depending on the combination than the Detroit Lions. If they wear the correct combination like they did yesterday I really really like these Lions uniforms.

When they stray into the all-blue, the all-white, or the dreadful all-gray jumpsuits they don't work at all. 

• Like 11

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. I may be in that minority that didn't mind the Jags' prior sets. A little too busy, and the half black/half gold helmets were ridiculous, but there was a lot to like in there. 

spacer.png

Other than the use of color, what are the 'lot to like' here?

Too many outlines on the numbers

Pointy things on the shoulders

Nickname of a nickname on a patch
Sublimated stripes on the shoulders

Stripeless pants

BTW - these aren't likes, IMO

• Like 4

It's where I sit.

29 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Other than the use of color, what are the 'lot to like' here?

Too many outlines on the numbers

Pointy things on the shoulders

Nickname of a nickname on a patch
Sublimated stripes on the shoulders

Stripeless pants

BTW - these aren't likes, IMO

-The Jags look best with multiple  outlines on the numbers (see Jaguars, JAX circa 1996).

-The pointy things aren't the worst thing in the world, but they can do without them.

-I'm indifferent on the patch. The Steelers and Cheifs use a left breast patch. The nickname isn't that big of an issue.

-I agree with you on this on, these were unneccessary.

-The pants had a diagonal stripe. 

Bill O'Brien: 'we have great respect' for A.J. Bouye

Other than the helmet, this is a B- uniform.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

-The Jags look best with multiple  outlines on the numbers (see Jaguars, JAX circa 1996).

-The pointy things aren't the worst thing in the world, but they can do without them.

-I'm indifferent on the patch. The Steelers and Cheifs use a left breast patch. The nickname isn't that big of an issue.

-I agree with you on this on, these were unneccessary.

-The pants had a diagonal stripe. 

Bill O'Brien: 'we have great respect' for A.J. Bouye

Other than the helmet, this is a B- uniform.

I agree with this assessment. B- is a good score. Not as terrible as they're made out to be, but far from elite. A few edits and this set would be vastly improved. 

I don't dislike what the Jags wear now, either. But for as much as I'd have preferred they simplified the prior set, I think they maybe oversimplifed  the current one. 

All of this, of course, should be taken in the context that agrees the Brunell-era uniforms are their best and should never have changed. 

• Like 10