NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Definitely. It also would’ve been a nice little nod to the ‘98 team.

spacer.png

Side note: Atlanta could easily bust out a new pair of these pants and make thier fauxback alternate a straight up ‘98 throwback. Why in the world haven’t they done that yet? It’d be so easy to do, and the ‘98 team’s status as one of - if not THE best team in Falcons history - certainly warrants the use.

Probably because the current fauxbacks are re-adapted 1969 throwbacks with a black helmet because of the one-shell rule.

157177148.0.jpg

^ Oh I understand that, I’m just saying that I think a ‘98 throwback has been there for the easy making and probably should’ve been thier work-around of the one helmet rule to begin with. It makes little sense to me to continue trotting out a Frankenstein version of the ‘66 set when they’ve already got most of the pieces there to directly wear the ‘98 set. Swap out the pants and wear the solid black socks and boom, you’ve pretty much got the real thing.

• Like 4

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

52 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The 49ers are doing this exact thing this season. 
spacer.png

I am still quite surprised that this throwback red was not used with matching red pants as a dark color rush as opposed to those hideous black sets they wore. While not as good as the throwback it would have looked interesting (think tosu all red) for one game a season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, guest23 said:

I am still quite surprised that this throwback red was not used with matching red pants as a dark color rush as opposed to those hideous black sets they wore. While not as good as the throwback it would have looked interesting (think tosu all red) for one game a season.

I’m indifferent on that. The OSU all-red look was decent for a one-off college rivalry game, but idk if the Niners could pull it off. 
spacer.png

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, Jeffery said:

If a team were to announce a rebrand, when should we expect them to announce it by? I know most rebrands were unveiled by the draft last year.

Usually by early April; the NFL draft hats are released/leaked a few weeks before the draft. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

18 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

^ Oh I understand that, I’m just saying that I think a ‘98 throwback has been there for the easy making and probably should’ve been thier work-around of the one helmet rule to begin with. It makes little sense to me to continue trotting out a Frankenstein version of the ‘66 set when they’ve already got most of the pieces there to directly wear the ‘98 set. Swap out the pants and wear the solid black socks and boom, you’ve pretty much got the real thing.

Not to be pedantic, but that's the '90 set; they made the switch in 1990, and really took off with it the following season. (Of course, around '96 or '97 they switched to red numbers and socks on the aways, but that's a minor gripe.) But yeah, between the '91 2L2Q squad and the '98 Dirty Birds, I agree THAT'S the look for Atlanta to throw back to. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Checking in any whispers or hints the Jets will ditch their current  uniform set? I despise them. Bring back classic look!

This year is year 3 of the current set, so there's a minimum of two more years before they're allowed to change them again.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2022 at 1:53 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The 49ers are doing this exact thing this season. 
spacer.png

Can the Niners now return the three stripes back to the home and away uniforms? The two stripes are awful specifically for SF...

• Like 3

The Jets are a weird case for me. Like many other teams, they wear some bad combos (mono black, white over black), but I really don’t think the base design of the uniform as a whole is bad at all. That being said, I also don’t think there’s anything particularly special about it, either. To me it’s very average, middle of the pack uniform and doesn’t do much to stand out in bad or good ways. All in all, I just feel nothing but indifference towards that whole set, which I suppose can be just as bad as dislike.

Take that with all the losing it’s associated with, and I feel like they probably just need to go either back to the Namath set (but with the updated green and fixed shoulder stripes), or something that more closely resembles the 80’s or early 90’s sets than this current one does. That team is in desperate need of an identity boost, and tapping into some nostalgia and heritage in a more deliberate, clear fashion could do them some wonders.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Jets are a weird case for me. Like many other teams, they wear some bad combos (mono black, white over black), but I really don’t think the base design of the uniform as a whole is bad at all. That being said, I also don’t think there’s anything particularly special about it, either. To me it’s very average, middle of the pack uniform and doesn’t do much to stand out in bad or good ways. All in all, I just feel nothing but indifference towards that whole set, which I suppose can be just as bad as dislike.

Take that with all the losing it’s associated with, and I feel like they probably just need to go either back to the Namath set (but with the updated green and fixed shoulder stripes), or something that more closely resembles the 80’s or early 90’s sets than this current one does. That team is in desperate need of an identity boost, and tapping into some nostalgia and heritage in a more deliberate, clear fashion could do them some wonders.

It's a MAC/CFL uniform that the manufacturer talked them into because they couldn't correctly manufacture the uniforms the Jets belong in.

• Like 7

Since the NFL allows multiple alternate to be wore more than 3 times (Ravens, Niners), if Denver makes an all-white version of their Color Rush, they could mix and match the jerseys and pants to have a modern Orange Crush set for a future rebrand.

spacer.png

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Since the NFL allows multiple alternate to be wore more than 3 times (Ravens, Niners), if Denver makes an all-white version of their Color Rush, they could mix and match the jerseys and pants to have a modern Orange Crush set for a future rebrand.

spacer.png

I think this would be the plan if alternate helmets weren't happening...and they really need white pants with that color rush set.

I do think Broncos will introduce Orange Crush throwbacks in 2023, which might make an updated color rush set a step-child of sorts. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

Hot take: I really don't care for those alternates...and never really have since they came out. 

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

On 1/8/2022 at 3:57 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.png

These are SO superior to their current look (in navy or candy-blue form). I’ve also seen sone concepts that mix navy and Royal really well. Their current uniforms just look so stale… like nothing offensively bad, but just dosent get me excited in the slightest 😴

• Like 2

23 hours ago, tBBP said:

Hot take: I really don't care for those alternates...and never really have since they came out. 

**Common take

Without royal blue and white pants, what's the freaking point?

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

On 1/5/2022 at 3:08 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I’m indifferent on that. The OSU all-red look was decent for a one-off college rivalry game, but idk if the Niners could pull it off. 
spacer.png

Didn't look good here, wouldn't look good on the 49ers.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png