NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

6 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Looks like the NFL will roll with the uniforms that were supposed to be worn for last year's Pro Bowl this year. Essentially just a recolor of the uniforms worn back in 2020, now with Red/White/Blue.

Men's Nike Micah Parsons Royal 2022 NFC Pro Bowl Game Player Jersey

T.J. Watt Nike 2022 AFC Pro Bowl Game Jersey - White

These look like they could be updated versions of the 90’s extremely large flying Elvis logos for the patriots. I honestly wouldn’t be mad if this is what the patriots went with for their last redesign. 

• Like 16

Wait I thought people on this board hated rounded fonts with triple outlines (Eagles) and in italics, gradients (Rams), vertical piping (any Reebok era redesign) and random spiky stripes near the neckline (Jets)

Those jerseys are a combination of everything wrong with football jerseys and this is what the Patriots should be wearing?

I don't get it

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1

8 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Aren't you the poster who hates any football jersey created after 1970? 😂

Huh?  Couldn't be farther from the truth.  Provide evidence - and don't generalize.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Wait I thought people on this board hated rounded fonts with triple outlines (Eagles) and in italics, gradients (Rams), vertical piping (any Reebok era redesign) and random spiky stripes near the neckline (Jets)

Those jerseys are a combination of everything wrong with football jerseys and this is what the Patriots should be wearing?

I don't get it

First off learn the difference between “not being mad if that’s what the patriots went with” and “this is what the patriots should be wearing.” I’m not even saying it’s better than the current uniforms, (take away monochrome at home and it’s basically perfect) I’m just saying if they came out with it INSTEAD of the uniforms they are currently wearing I’d see the ties to the 90’s uniforms and it would bring back some nostalgia and I wouldn’t be mad with them going with it. Does it have flaws? Yes, mostly the side panel, but when you are coming from a uniform where the side panel was one of the largest flaws they cancel each other out in a way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dont care said:

First off learn the difference between “not being mad if that’s what the patriots went with” and “this is what the patriots should be wearing.” I’m not even saying it’s better than the current uniforms, (take away monochrome at home and it’s basically perfect) I’m just saying if they came out with it INSTEAD of the uniforms they are currently wearing I’d see the ties to the 90’s uniforms and it would bring back some nostalgia and I wouldn’t be mad with them going with it. Does it have flaws? Yes, mostly the side panel, but when you are coming from a uniform where the side panel was one of the largest flaws you the cancel each other out in a way.

I think it's the usual garish garbage that is fine for AS/PB games and nothing more imo, but I was mostly surprised that so many people were in agreement with you

NFL fans really confuse me sometimes. I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Rams are derided almost everyday here for their uniforms and that the same people wouldn't mind the Pats wearing this monstrosity

Is it because everybody hates the Pats? lmao

• Dislike 1

11 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Aren't you the poster who hates any football jersey created after 1970? 😂

In addition to this being a stupid and incorrect assumption, I liked the idea of the pro bowl uniforms being adapted for use by the patriots, so it makes even less sense. 

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

7 minutes ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I think it's the usual garish garbage that is fine for AS/PB games and nothing more imo, but I was mostly surprised that so many people were in agreement with you

NFL fans really confuse me sometimes. I can't wrap my head around the fact that the Rams are derided almost everyday here for their uniforms and that the same people wouldn't mind the Pats wearing this monstrosity

Is it because everybody hates the Pats? lmao

What’s garish garbage about it? The stars? That fits the patriots name and makes them work in a way the sublimated stripes worked with on the 90’s set. Is it the side panel? While we could do with out them like I said before it get canceled out by the last sets side panel. There is nothing else there to complain about. The rams get a lot of grief because there was one easy fix they could have made but instead decided to throw everything away and make it worse. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Titans being brought up in the Washington thread had me thinking how if Tennessee went full Jacksonville and oversimplified their set following next season, they should take a few notes from the Toronto Argonauts

spacer.png

I think the Argos route would be really good for Tennessee as well. Along the same lines, I also wouldn’t mind them taking notes from North Carolina (without argyle, of course):

spacer.png

Overall, something simpler and easier on the eyes that embraces powder blue - helmets and all - would be excellent. 

*Yes, I know that’s technically Carolina blue and not powder blue; I’m just going for the spirit of the idea here.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

47 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I think the Argos route would be really good for Tennessee as well. Along the same lines, I also wouldn’t mind them taking notes from North Carolina (without argyle, of course):

spacer.png

Overall, something simpler and easier on the eyes that embraces powder blue - helmets and all - would be excellent. 

*Yes, I know that’s technically Carolina blue and not powder blue; I’m just going for the spirit of the idea here.

The single biggest missed opportunity of the Titans’ last redesign was not going with a light blue helmet. It could have looked beautiful and would have immediately set them apart from the rest of the NFL.

Although I think UNC’s uniforms are perfect, for Tennessee I’d like them to keep a bit more navy in the color balance, because I think it’s still one of the best color schemes out there if balanced properly. I like the navy numbers for the Titans on the light blue & white jerseys, for example.

• Like 14

21 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The Titans being brought up in the Washington thread had me thinking how if Tennessee went full Jacksonville and oversimplified their set following next season, they should take a few notes from the Toronto Argonauts

spacer.png

Tennessee could just bail on having anything to do with red and be better for it, since it hasn't been a part of any uniform set and only featured in logos since becoming the Titans. The only reason they're hanging onto red is because it's part of their Oilers legacy, which I'm sure nobody in Tennessee gives a flying F about

• Like 9

6uXNWAo.png

10 hours ago, MJD7 said:

The single biggest missed opportunity of the Titans’ last redesign was not going with a light blue helmet. It could have looked beautiful and would have immediately set them apart from the rest of the NFL.

Although I think UNC’s uniforms are perfect, for Tennessee I’d like them to keep a bit more navy in the color balance, because I think it’s still one of the best color schemes out there if balanced properly. I like the navy numbers for the Titans on the light blue & white jerseys, for example.

Speaking of Tennessee's helmets--well first, one thing all should know is that the league itself still holds final creative control over teams' helmets and logos. Second, check this from NFL creative director Shandon Melvin regarding the current helmets...

“We felt like there was something about the white helmet that didn’t quite make the new uniform design as tough and as clean and as stark as we thought it needed to be,” NFL creative director Shandon Melvin said. “And so we thought, well, let’s experiment with that and see what we could come up with.

I'll just leave that right there for y'all to chew on for now...

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||