NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

This is what the Falcons and Saints remind me of when they go with their unitard look.  Essentially long-johns without the butt-flap, but knowing Nike, they'll try that at some point.
The only difference is the presence of numbers on the NFL uniforms.  Just say "NO'.  It's a bad, bad look.

spacer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LogoFan said:

While it remains to be revealed what we will see yet in 2021, this is my list of things I DON'T want to see:

• gradients
  • piping
  • gradients
  • chrome
  • gradients
  • unitards
  • gradients
  • solid socks that match the pants, regardless of jersey
  • gradients
  • eyesore numbers like the current Falcons, Titans or digital Bucs
  • gradients
  • gray face masks 

FTFY 
Suck it @Gothamite

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

FTFY 

Nice add-on...forgot that one.  IMHO, gray facemasks are okay in some situations where silver or gray is used in the color scheme.  I'm fine with the teams like the Giants, Raiders, Cowboys, even Eagles using gray facemasks, but on teams like the Colts, Bills, Cards and formerly Browns, I hate it.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, slapshot said:

Didn't see this anywhere else, so apologies if it's a rehash...

NFL ends licensing deal with Under Armour - UA brand will no longer be visible on field at end of year

I assume the major implications of this will have to do with the combine, which won’t even be happening this year. Also would players still be allowed to wear UA cleats and gloves etc.?

13 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

I assume the major implications of this will have to do with the combine, which won’t even be happening this year. Also would players still be allowed to wear UA cleats and gloves etc.?

New Era is the Combine Apparel Supplier as of 2020

8 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

Combine gear and any shoes/gloves on field. They must really be hurting financially than publicly known and it seems awkward that they will only have a cfb presence which may lead be no presence over the next year or two.

• Like 2

On 2/3/2021 at 1:59 PM, LogoFan said:

This is what the Falcons and Saints remind me of when they go with their unitard look.  Essentially long-johns without the butt-flap, but knowing Nike, they'll try that at some point.
The only difference is the presence of numbers on the NFL uniforms.  Just say "NO'.  It's a bad, bad look.

spacer.png

Oh look its the Rams bone uniforms!

• Like 4

On 2/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, LogoFan said:

While it remains to be revealed what we will see yet in 2021, this is my list of things I DON'T want to see:

• gradients
  • piping
  • gradients
  • chrome
  • gradients
  • unitards
  • gradients
  • solid socks that match the pants, regardless of jersey
  • gradients
  • eyesore numbers like the current Falcons, Titans or digital Bucs
  • gradients

Piping is officially dead, isn't it?

Gradients are coming fast and furious. Thank you, Rams. And Failcons. Idiots.

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, Cujo said:

Piping is officially dead, isn't it?

Gradients are coming fast and furious. Thank you, Rams. And Failcons. Idiots.

I would hope piping is dead, but trends are cyclical. I thought gradients and side panels were dead, but Nike (and the AAF and XFL2.0) proved us wrong on that.

• Like 4

spacer.png

13 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

No, they’d have to wear non branded gear if someone like Brady and Newton stays signed with them.

• Like 1

I think that Gradients CAN work for the right team, but a yellow to white gradient isn't the best idea due to obvious reasons. For example, I actually think that the Bengals uniforms could look really with some orange-white gradients mixed in under the stripes to further emulate their mascot visually-

Bengal.jpg

There have been concepts on this board and elsewhere that have mocked this up before and I think it looks great. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any saved or on Google, but if anybody else could track them down for me then please do.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

spacer.png

@Brave-Bird 08's Bengals concept is one of my favorites on these boards. He tried out the orange to white gradient and it looks pretty good. I would be fine if the bengals went for these, though with a tweak to the pants stripe.

b6a3020ebaa9dd37e7b7f3ef4bc92187.pngbc27a133aeb6af0081aee5dbb588e9f6.png

• Like 12

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns