NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Honestly, I view the 49ers as never actually having a CR Uniform. 

They debuted after the CR doors shuttered and were unveiled as “throwbacks”

spacer.png

But the fact that the 49ers consistently wear them with those stupid white socks means that they think of them as Color Rush uniforms.

It's just the same with the Giants and Saints CRs.  The white socks screw up what would otherwise be nice throwbacks.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

But the fact that the 49ers consistently wear them with those stupid white socks means that they think of them as Color Rush uniforms.

It's just the same with the Giants and Saints CRs.  The white socks screw up what would otherwise be nice throwbacks.

They should have just brought back the '94 home throwback. Such a missed opportunity.

52 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I started watching football in the 2000's, I don't care for the weird and out there 90's throwbacks. They look bad and how successful they were in them doesn't take away from that. 

I’d argue that the Cowboys CR is pretty tame in comparison to their 90s counterpart aka the sleeve logo isn’t in your face. At least it has some cohesiveness to one of their uniforms whether it’s with silver pants or the CR white pants.

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

There’s also nothing really outlandish in the 49ers uniform either. Whether it’s the 90s or the throwback

spacer.png

• Like 4

Gold helmets and white pants is not a good look.  I dig the jerseys though - especially the red version.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gold helmets and white pants is not a good look.  I dig the jerseys though - especially the red version.

To be fair - and I can be wrong since I’m about to type something before researching it - but weren’t the original 1950s jerseys worn with a silver helmet?

EDIT: MY BAD

spacer.png

• Like 3

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

2 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

To be fair - and I can be wrong since I’m about to type something before researching it - but weren’t the original 1950s jerseys worn with a silver helmet?

EDIT: MY BAD

spacer.png

dis a beautiful uni

• Like 4

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Los Angeles Rams and Los Angeles Chargers both unveiled their new uniforms last season. As both teams are more or less locked into those identities for at least four more seasons we no longer really need a "LA NFL Branding" thread. It was made to highlight the teams' new brands after moving to LA and it did that. The thread is mostly talking in circles now, so let's shut'er down.

We can use this thread if either team makes any changes or introduces any new unis for 2021.

• Like 11
  • Huh? 1

I mentioned this at the time of the tease, but I assume it’ll be gold in 2021 and either black or navy blue for a LA/Hollywood Nights kind of thing in 2022.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/05/13/los-angeles-rams-tease-alternate-uniforms-in-2021-2022/football/

I am especially curious, though, how they hope (or plan) to unveil a new one each year beyond that, though. Red and black and/or red and yellow would surely be under consideration.

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/11/07/los-angeles-rams-hope-to-unveil-new-alternate-uniform-each-season/football/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The thing about that 49ers throwback is that it has the wrong details but that was a common occurence with alot of the throwbacks in the 1994 season.

This is the real one.

1955_SF_1.png

(For some reason, the picture isn't showing up for me. I don't know if others can't see it, but I'll post it for reference.)

spacer.pngspacer.png

There are other variations on these two uniforms at this time (with minor differences in striping, explaining the guy with the single red stripe on his pants in that picture a ways back in the thread, and differences in helmet and pants colors). But this was the basic idea and the shadows were only worn in 1955 and 1956. The white jersey was decidedly a "change kit" as opposed to being a regular away uniform. For instance, in 1955, they wore them once against Washington (who was also wearing their darker shade of red). 

Admittedly, the GUD is a fan-made resource, so it might not be accurate. However, it also strikes me as the kind of pet project that is meticulously researched and cared for, so I'd have to figure it's accurate for the most part. My guess would be that whomever designed the 1994 throwbacks (which, as has been pointed out, are notoriously half-measure, inaccurate throwbacks) kind of guessed the white jerseys were "opposite" of the red jerseys, not realizing the majority of the stripes were actually black. As for the current iteration, I was never quite clear: were they throwing back to '94? If that's the case, the jerseys (and pants, I suppose, too) are accurate. Or was it actually a throwback to the mid 50s?

I really like that black drop shadow. I don't know why, necessarily. It kind of feels like one of those quirks of the time: the shadows made the numbers easier to read at distance or something? And as a result, they're grandfathered in? In any event, I think the jerseys look good. But they decidedly clash with the gold helmets and the red-white-red braisher stripes.

As I'm thinking about it, does this look weird? Instead of adding gold to the throwback, add the drop shadow treatment to the classic/current uniforms. (I think it at least ties with the black in the logo, but it doesn't go full-on dark-mode like the late 90s 49ers did.)

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Admittedly, the GUD is a fan-made resource, so it might not be accurate. However, it also strikes me as the kind of pet project that is meticulously researched and cared for, so I'd have to figure it's accurate for the most part. My guess would be that whomever designed the 1994 throwbacks (which, as has been pointed out, are notoriously half-measure, inaccurate throwbacks) kind of guessed the white jerseys were "opposite" of the red jerseys, not realizing the majority of the stripes were actually black.

The GUD is good but not infallible.

And it's worth pointing out that the NFL has historically done a terrible job at documenting its own uniform history.  In 1994, there was almost nothing available beyond a few scattered color photographs from papers.  The Packers even got the color of their pants wrong, and to this day routinely perpetuate mistakes from their own history.

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

As I'm thinking about it, does this look weird? Instead of adding gold to the throwback, add the drop shadow treatment to the classic/current uniforms. (I think it at least ties with the black in the logo, but it doesn't go full-on dark-mode like the late 90s 49ers did.)

spacer.png

That.  Is.  Beautiful.

• Like 10

Yeah that's really nice.  I wouldn't mind seeing it with gold (tan) stripes on the sleeves of both jerseys just to tie everything together.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."