NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Swap the teal for dark red, then use dark red numbers on the white jersey and add a one-color pants stripe. Congrats, you have what the Cardinals should be wearing from the neck down.

Ah, good thought.  The idea is good, but for the wrong team.  Cards would be a great idea.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

I'd call that less 'interesting' than missing the point - that doesn't address the lack of colors in the uniform.

I get the point, and I agree with the point.  It wasn't a 'gotcha' post.  What I find interesting is that they've actually outlined the numbers, but done so with the most lifeless option available to them in each case.  Get some teal or gold onto those jerseys!

• Like 6

The AFC South just got a bit more visually appealing. The Titans need be next and ditch the navy (again). Them and Houston are still way too similar.

Regarding the Jags, I'm hoping this inspires yet another rebrand in 2023. Their set is still boring and the road look lacks teal. There's just not much cohesiveness between teal over white and white over black with no truly visible teal elements.

I'm wondering how much they'll wear white and black at home now. Hopefully this will minimize white at home and will give us something like (realistically) 1 white, 5 teal, 2 black jersey games. Really hope they wear teal for the San Fran game this season. That will look outstanding.

42 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

What works well for the Raiders is that it is noticeable on the sleeves but not so much on the body part of the jersey because it's black.

1174870718-1.jpeg

Are the sleeves not black? 

I mean...it's noticeable in the sun. Not as noticeable in the shade. 

Image result for oakland raiders 2019

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

40 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Are the sleeves not black? 

I mean...it's noticeable in the sun. Not as noticeable in the shade. 

Image result for oakland raiders 2019

I think it's more noticeable on sleeves because the pads make the number curve, which makes it stand out more versus the number on the jersey where it's flat mostly. My point is that it blends better because it's black. 

Go A's!

Just now, PaleVermilion81 said:

The problem is that the "gold" would be just a mustard color. We've already seen how Nike translates the Jaguars gold to jerseys. 

spacer.png

That's why I'm okay that they do not have any gold on the uniform. Nike cannot/doesn't want to create a metallic gold fabric.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The problem is that the "gold" would be just a mustard color. We've already seen how Nike translates the Jaguars gold to jerseys. 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, JayMac said:

That's why I'm okay that they do not have any gold on the uniform. Nike cannot/doesn't want to create a metallic gold fabric.

The Ravens don’t have that problemspacer.png

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

The Ravens don’t have that problemspacer.png

It's still a little mustard-ish, but they also have the benefit of pairing it next to a dark purple. It gives a much better contrast. Paired with teal it loses the contrast.

Edit: adding in a photo of the Ravens "gold" pants as it shows how mustard the gold is.

c3u9ewzk593tdu7tg1xi

• Like 11

1 hour ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

spacer.png

The gold trim on the number looks more like gold (matching that patch) versus the one on the shoulder which is more mustard. I do think that if it is part of the number like this, then adding it as a trim to the jersey number can work. It sucks that they had gold prominently featured in their identity in their last and to basically now having no gold except for the helmet logo.

I wouldn't be surprised if after the 5-year waiting period is up the Jags will change their uniforms again. Their current set was the brainchild of Tom Coughlin's desire to simplify and kinda be like Penn State. Maybe the team wants to move away from that era and hopefully embrace the teal as the primary going forward and bring back some more gold to their uniform.  

• Like 7

Go A's!

On 2/15/2021 at 12:53 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

Each of the 3 current ones would all look better with more of their secondary color:

Buccaneers: Eliminate black, stay with red/pewter/orange or switch to red/pewter/silver, reintroduces stripes on the jerseys.

Ohio State: Wear the 1968 throwbacks full time.

Lions: Change the dark gray on the jersey to silver, I'm fine with the stripes not having silver

The Seahawks and Cowboys are different examples but I still think they would both looks better with more splash of color. 

With the teams heavily relying on jersey sales and not pants or helmet sales, why would you not include your secondary color on your jersey?

• Like 1

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Unpopular Opinion Time: The Jaguars should wear teal jerseys and teal pants as their primary uniforms. It creates a nice symmetry when with the black socks, and honestly, I'm a big sucker for the teal they use. Here's what I think they should wear, all with black socks.

Teal Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~4 home games a year

Teal Jerseys/White Pants: ~2 home games a year

White Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~6 road games a year

White Jerseys/White Pants: ~2 road games a year, maybe at home but the teal is light enough to be worn in warm weather

Black Jerseys/Teal Pants: ~2 home games a year

Black Jerseys/White Pants: Never, its too black heavy. Burn the black pants too.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png