NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 hour ago, colortv said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30917924/jacksonville-jaguars-returning-teal-primary-home-uniform-color-2021

Where does the Jaguars equipment manager get off saying they're the only NFL team that uses teal, they aren't even the only team in Florida.

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

I don't know about the difference now to be honest but at the time in 1995 when the Jaguars came around it was different enough and stayed that way for a long time.

• Like 2

bSLCtu2.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30917924/jacksonville-jaguars-returning-teal-primary-home-uniform-color-2021

Where does the Jaguars equipment manager get off saying they're the only NFL team that uses teal, they aren't even the only team in Florida.

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

Dolphins are pretty adamant about calling their colors aqua and coral.

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

spacer.png

They're 2 different colors. 1 is Aqua PMS 321 C, and the other is Teal PMS 3155 C.

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

So can someone remind me, was it this year they will be able to vote on changing the helmet rule?

So teams like The Patriots, Bucs, &  Falcons could wear their throwback uniforms. 

It's rumoured that they will take away the 1 helmet rule this year but it has not been confirmed yet

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

It's rumored that someone somewhere heard that someone hoped to talk about it.

Arians talking about it has to give it some credibility, no?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/.amp/news/bucs-uniforms-throwback-creamsicle-bruce-arians-2021

Interesting the Patriots did not create an alt. Doesn’t prove anything but it’s certainly interesting. I think this is more than hear say at this point.

12 hours ago, colortv said:

dolphins-vs-jaguars.jpg

it's obvious looking at the two colors that they aren't the same.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

it's obvious looking at the two colors that they aren't the same.

Image result for PMS 3155 C

Image result for PMS 321 C

They are definitely different enough compared with each other. Lighting may make them look similar sometimes, but still noticeably different.

Image result for jaguars vs dolphins

• Like 11

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

58 minutes ago, Froob said:

Arians talking about it has to give it some credibility, no?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/buccaneers/.amp/news/bucs-uniforms-throwback-creamsicle-bruce-arians-2021

Interesting the Patriots did not create an alt. Doesn’t prove anything but it’s certainly interesting. I think this is more than hear say at this point.

Just because a team didn't create an alt (Packers too, with the rumored alt that was shelved) or that a coach is repeating, wait for it, a rumor that he has heard that someone somewhere said something about a second helmet, doesn't necessarily give it credence. What if all of these rumors, repeated multiple times, are from the same uninformed speculation? It's like the recent ESPN 'story' on the trading of Deshawn Watson. A column was written that Houston ought to ask for 3 #1s for him. This article was part of a series of 'here's what each team ought to do'. The braindead folk in the talk show circuit ran with it as something other than 'let's create a list of things that seem like they would make sense' and treated it as 'here's something that has been discussed'.

Listen - I'm not saying that they won't change the one helmet rule. But until I see something from someone within NFL Operations or the NFL Rules Committee saying it is under consideration, it strikes me as something with no traction.

• Like 2

It's where I sit.

14 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

Midnight Green ≠ teal ≠ aqua ≠ Panther Blue

Of course not. But chanterelles don't equal button don't equal Super Mario power-ups don't equal shiitake.

But they're all mushrooms to the layperson.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Of course not. But chanterelles don't equal button don't equal Super Mario power-ups don't equal shiitake.

But they're all mushrooms to the layperson.

Sure. But on this site, we aren't lay people. We can debate whether or not yellow or gold are the same in Pittsburgh and Green Bay. But we should also know that aqua, teal, and [location name] blue aren't the same in Miami, Jacksonville, Carolina and Detroit.

BTW - I have always effing loved that Detroit's blue is Honolulu blue. It makes no sense, but I love it.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

Just now, Sec19Row53 said:

Sure. But on this site, we aren't lay people. We can debate whether or not yellow or gold are the same in Pittsburgh and Green Bay. But we should also know that aqua, teal, and [location name] blue aren't the same in Miami, Jacksonville, Carolina and Detroit.

BTW - I have always effing loved that Detroit's blue is Honolulu blue. It makes no sense, but I love it.

True.

But I still can't tell you what color the Panthers' blue is.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

32 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

True.

But I still can't tell you what color the Panthers' blue is.

There you go, it's Panthers blue. If you want to use the Pantone name, it's Process blue. If you want to be non-specific, light blue tends to work best, at least in my opinion.

• Like 7

the user formerly known as cdclt

5 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Just because a team didn't create an alt (Packers too, with the rumored alt that was shelved) or that a coach is repeating, wait for it, a rumor that he has heard that someone somewhere said something about a second helmet, doesn't necessarily give it credence. What if all of these rumors, repeated multiple times, are from the same uninformed speculation? It's like the recent ESPN 'story' on the trading of Deshawn Watson. A column was written that Houston ought to ask for 3 #1s for him. This article was part of a series of 'here's what each team ought to do'. The braindead folk in the talk show circuit ran with it as something other than 'let's create a list of things that seem like they would make sense' and treated it as 'here's something that has been discussed'.

Listen - I'm not saying that they won't change the one helmet rule. But until I see something from someone within NFL Operations or the NFL Rules Committee saying it is under consideration, it strikes me as something with no traction.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/25/one-helmet-rule-could-change-for-2021/amp/

“There will be no change for the 2020 season,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy told PFT via email. “There are ongoing discussions for a potential change for the 2021 season, but no decisions have been made.”

• Like 5