NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

7 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

I feel like I'm about to rustle some feathers, but I also somewhat liked the Jags' pre-Nikefied uniforms, worn for their first year with Nike. They were pretty much the more detailed version of their current set, albeit with the awesome teal-flake helmet.

Image result for jaguars 2012

The "aquafresh" pipping was terrible

41zplDtMR7L.jpg

• Like 17
  • LOL 1

The jags should be teal with black and gold accents. 

Any uniform that doesn't include all three should be thrown away.  

Stop trying to be the Raiders (black primary) or the Saints (gold and black). 

Be the Jags. Teal with Gold and black.  

• Like 26
  • Love 1

I think the biggest mistake NFL teams consistently make in redesigns is number font choice.

The Jags Brunell era uniforms were the best they've ever looked. Once they started to tweak them during the Leftwich era they've gotten progressively worse each version.

They need to go back to the Brunell era numbers and use teal numbers on the white jersies

They need to reintroduce the original shade of gold they used during the Brunell era and use it within the same ratio they originally did.

Helmet should go back to glossy black, although the teal fleck version could work too, black would be better.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1

Has anyone ever addressed how the Jags quietly updated their current sleeve template one year after the debut so the cuff detail wouldn’t get so devoured by the shoulder pads? Compare pics of any player in 2018 with the years following and it’s obvious.

581-FEAAB-ADA8-4-E55-82-ED-53-B6895-B1-A
C37-BB7-CB-3623-43-F0-A6-D7-50-EB7555-F0

56-EB535-E-278-C-4396-A3-EA-7-F5-D2-F839
C74-EA758-8-FB2-4520-9-E11-657-CA594-A3-

I appreciated that little reactive touch. Add that they’ve finally decided to look like the Jaguars again and I cant say I’ll be waiting *that* anxiously for when they inevitably wear something different in 2023. By far my favorite of the post-classic era madness that they’ve made us put up with. I like how it plays off the simplicity of their classic helmet. (and DO NOT touch those crispy solid colored numbers)

16 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

This is the sixth worst uniform in NFL history.

• Like 7
  • Huh? 1

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

I feel like I'm about to rustle some feathers, but I also somewhat liked the Jags' pre-Nikefied uniforms, worn for their first year with Nike. They were pretty much the more detailed version of their current set, albeit with the awesome teal-flake helmet.

I have to agree. I’d actually go as far as to say it’s better then the two uniforms that came after it. Them and the Falcons were the only teams to make the piping not look terrible. I enjoyed both those uniforms. 

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

On 2/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

True.

But I still can't tell you what color the Panthers' blue is.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:48 AM, QCS said:

There you go, it's Panthers blue. If you want to use the Pantone name, it's Process blue. If you want to be non-specific, light blue tends to work best, at least in my opinion.

I’m surprised this wasn’t mentioned before, but process blue is most commonly referred to as “cyan.”

• Like 7

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I have to agree. I’d actually go as far as to say it’s better then the two uniforms that came after it. Them and the Falcons were the only teams to make the piping not look terrible. I enjoyed both those uniforms. 

That helmet was awesome. Current one is nice but I miss teal flake as much as I miss Seahawk gunmetal blue.  Neither coming back any day soon.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, crosfam said:

That helmet was awesome. Current one is nice but I miss teal flake as much as I miss Seahawk gunmetal blue.  Neither coming back any day soon.  

What is “gunmetal blue?” They wore sea foam blue which looked nothing like any kind of gunmetal I’ve ever seen.

I'd say it's much closer to a slate blue.

756A-2.gif

• Like 13

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."