NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 2/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, Justpassingby said:

I heard a thing. For reasons I have to be a little vague. I do not care if you believe me and I will not provide proof.

Jeff Bezos is in contact with Nike about a redesign for a team he is about to purchase (I would say this gets done in June or July)

It is not the Washington Football Team and that is all I will say. So when news breaks he’s purchased this team, just know there’s a good chance the team will change uniforms in 2022 since he’s already started the process and it’s well under way.

So it must be a team that hasn't undergone a redesign in the last 5 years? Or 4 I guess? 

Dammit, that means it's not the Jets... 

8 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

No. When teams get new ownership they can change. 

Oh! Didn't realize that. 

Still, I refuse to get my hopes up. 

If the Amazon HQ development on the LIC waterfront had proceeded, I'd be more hopeful but Bezos probably wants nothing to do with NYC now... 

On 2/27/2021 at 2:27 PM, Justpassingby said:

I heard a thing. For reasons I have to be a little vague. I do not care if you believe me and I will not provide proof.

Jeff Bezos is in contact with Nike about a redesign for a team he is about to purchase (I would say this gets done in June or July)

It is not the Washington Football Team and that is all I will say. So when news breaks he’s purchased this team, just know there’s a good chance the team will change uniforms in 2022 since he’s already started the process and it’s well under way.

If this is true (kind of a big if right now), my guess is the Seahawks. Rumors started in 2019 that Bezos was interested in buying the team, and back then the team was "definitely" not for sale. I'm curious if the Trustees had a change of heart, especially if Bezos changed his bid (this last part is all unconfirmed theory, but it makes decent sense). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Regarding full-body logos, check out this old Eagles one worn by recently-deceased Irv Cross:

GettyImages-102916894-e1614610834939.jpg

• Like 10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Amazon has a huge presence in Seattle, their campus in downtown is nuts, google it. I wouldn't be shocked, but I also wouldn't limit Bezos to Seattle either, frankly it can be almost anyone.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

14 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Amazon has a huge presence in Seattle, their campus in downtown is nuts, google it. I wouldn't be shocked, but I also wouldn't limit Bezos to Seattle either, frankly it can be almost anyone.

The fun thing about Bezos is he has more money than anyone (literally) and is an absent civic citizen (at best). Seattle City Council is in open opposition to Bezos and Amazon, and I wouldn't ever be surprised to see him do another HQ# search and eff right on out of Seattle. He's operating in a different space than anyone else and I wouldn't assume he has any anchors.

Bezos would be a hero in Seattle if he bought the Hawks or Sonics 2.0, but at the same time, it would surprised no one if he ended up with the Wizards or Cowboys. And the absurdity of the matter is he could buy all of the NFL and NBA franchises (assuming average cost of $3 billion per) and have money left over.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2/25/2021 at 5:46 PM, ManillaToad said:

Yeah that's always been bad, I was thinking of this on their black helmet

598.gif

I don't get the harsh criticism of this logo and I'm a Titans fan who would love to hate the Jaguars if they were actually worth hating. This is a great logo because it's not too simple yet not overly garish/overproduced either as many modern logos are. This looked good in 90s, it looks good now and will look good 30 years from now. 

• Like 5

It’s pretty over-produced. 

It was obviously designed after the head logo, which doesn’t match the body proportions. The tummy whiskers are nonsensical, the overly-detailed spot pattern only serves to point out by contrast how silly the packing peanuts on the head look, and the less said about the blue STD glow emanating from its genitals the better. 

This is a bad logo. 

• Like 6

On 2/27/2021 at 1:27 PM, Justpassingby said:

* In lasped Texans-fan...*

Black Widow Avengers GIF

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

seeing the clawing panther reminds me to let CC know the logo hosted here has been incorrect for a long time.

this is the original clawing Panthers logo

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50995297891_9c00c76f08_o.gif

here is my recolor of the body accents and the swishes

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50995297896_75b50dcbaf_o.gif

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

17 hours ago, Gothamite said:

It’s pretty over-produced. 

It was obviously designed after the head logo, which doesn’t match the body proportions. The tummy whiskers are nonsensical, the overly-detailed spot pattern only serves to point out by contrast how silly the packing peanuts on the head look, and the less said about the blue STD glow emanating from its genitals the better. 

This is a bad logo. 

I just looked at a photo of a jaguar on google search and it had the packing peanuts on its head. The 90's Jaguar looks way better than the newer version. It's not even close. It's like comparing the original Miami Dolphin logo to either of the recent updates.

• Like 1