NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

8 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Which is kinda dumb. The Niners are basically playing 1994 dress up now if they do wear both the red and white 94 throwbacks.

Would much rather have seen them throw back to 96/97/98 with options for either white or gold pants.

NO.

Throwing back to when the team was absolute trash is not going to work. Nobody has any fond memories of that look aside from basic nostalgia of "I remember that." I use to be a 49ers fan as a little kid and I did not like that late 90's look. The gold pants coming back made it more tolerable but it just wasn't doing it for me.

• Like 5

bSLCtu2.png

2 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

NO.

Throwing back to when the team was absolute trash is not going to work. Nobody has any fond memories of that look aside from basic nostalgia of "I remember that."

If we want to knit pick, the niners in the 96-08 look went to the playoffs 5 times. Since 09 and the reebok truncated 3 / nike 2 stripe look they've only been to the playoffs 4 times. Yes 2 SB trips included in that, but lets not pretend like they've been some kinda world beaters since going back to a bastardized version of their "glorydaze" uniforms.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Gothamite said:

No.

But when the Chargers and Patriots introduce brand new uniforms without TV numbers, we know they’re not always required, as once they were. 

Sure. I'm just saying that you can't really point to these two jerseys as a sign that TV numbers are going away, never to return. There have been throwback jerseys without TV numbers since the 90's.

Also, keep in mind that TV numbers have always been optional in college FB but it's still the norm to have them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

NO.

Throwing back to when the team was absolute trash is not going to work. Nobody has any fond memories of that look aside from basic nostalgia of "I remember that." I use to be a 49ers fan as a little kid and I did not like that late 90's look. The gold pants coming back made it more tolerable but it just wasn't doing it for me.

Nobody has fond memories of Hearst running 90+ yards on opening day 1998, or T.O.'s catch in the playoffs? 

Hell, Owens' catch is a top-25 play of all time on NFL.com.

https://www.nfl.com/100/originals/100-greatest/plays-24

• Like 7

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

7 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

TV numbers probably were a required thing but likely the NFL is starting to relax on that rule. Probably the elimination of the one helmet rule is another part of that.

The two don’t really have anything to do with one another. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Sure. I'm just saying that you can't really point to these two jerseys as a sign that TV numbers are going away, never to return. There have been throwback jerseys without TV numbers since the 90's.

Also, keep in mind that TV numbers have always been optional in college FB but it's still the norm to have them.

True enough.  And it will probably remain the norm in the NFL.  I just think it’s interesting that they have now become optional for teams. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

NO.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

12-4 in 1996 & 1998 and 13-3 in '97 is trash? Lol.

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

ClAFLDa.png

San Francisco 49ers’ 1994 Throwback Uniform Leaked On eBay

March 8, 2021 - 14:52 PM

Just like they have for the last three seasons, the San Francisco 49ers will once again wear 1994 throwback uniforms this fall. But rather than the all-white road look we’ve become accustomed to, it appears they’ll don the home version instead. The throwback jersey briefly appeared on eBay via user

Read More...

Anything between 1996 and 2010 is trash. Trash that underachieved in the playoffs, trash that couldn’t get TO a title, trash that drafted a “Brand X” QB instead of Aaron Rodgers, and trash that looked hideous compared to the classic and 1994 throwbacks.

I hope the Niners never throw back to those days.

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

It is rare for a team to bust out two different throwbacks for the same season. The Dolphins did it two years ago so MAYBE it could be the case. 

This is the Niners' 75th season so it would be nice if they had a patch to go with it. Much like in 1994 when they had a patch for the NFL. 

Go A's!

Those 49ers were awesome and I loved their uniforms.

I don't want to live in a world where people think this:

radio_qbs_suber_bowl_08.jpg

looks better than this:

Owens1050.jpg?75114

That doesn't make any sense. The TO uniforms were perfectly balanced for both home and road, and were about as perfect a modern update of a classic uniform could look. They were perfect 90s/2000s NFL football uniform design and I'm not convinced they ever needed to change back to the Montana set.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

The Dolphins did it two years ago so MAYBE it could be the case. 

Dolphins also wore both throwbacks in 2020. 

If the 49ers are going to wear the correct socks for the red throwbacks, hopefully they'll wear them for the white throwback too. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think the 49ers ever needed black in their identity. Like KC it's fine in the logo, but just because it's in the logo doesn't mean it needs to be in the entire uniform. 

Also don't think many teams want to jump right back one set when deciding a throwback.

I mean could you imagine any of these being throwbacks this season?

2004088204-300x0.jpgt_1538607244557_name_fl_ne_former_miami_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNI7XQPfGTV-_1thw-EcY

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Those 49ers were awesome and I loved their uniforms.

I don't want to live in a world where people think this:

radio_qbs_suber_bowl_08.jpg

looks better than this:

Owens1050.jpg?75114

That doesn't make any sense.

The Niners actually won something of value in the ‘94 set. The ‘94 uniforms, despite the white pants, don’t mix gold outlines and black shadowing. They don’t add shadows to stripes or shove a primary logo onto the sleeves with stripes.  The TO set isn’t a good update, it’s just a messy hodgepodge of the classic and 1994 sets.

The Niners reverting to a facsimile of their classic uniforms was very important, as it made for a cleaner identity with less dour colors. Let the Buccaneers be the team with the “classic” ‘90s design.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

47 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't think the 49ers ever needed black in their identity. Like KC it's fine in the logo, but just because it's in the logo doesn't mean it needs to be in the entire uniform. 

Also don't think many teams want to jump right back one set when deciding a throwback.

I mean could you imagine any of these being throwbacks this season?

2004088204-300x0.jpgt_1538607244557_name_fl_ne_former_miami_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNI7XQPfGTV-_1thw-EcY

The titans would be so lucky to be able to look like a football team again. That is 1000x better than the trash they look like now.

• Like 19

11 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

numbers probably were a required thing but likely the NFL is starting to relax on that rule. Probably the elimination of the one helmet rule is another part of that.

Was unaware tv numbers are a safety concern like the one helmet rule.. 🥴🥴

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png