NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Anything between 1996 and 2010 is trash. Trash that underachieved in the playoffs, trash that couldn’t get TO a title, trash that drafted a “Brand X” QB instead of Aaron Rodgers, and trash that looked hideous compared to the classic and 1994 throwbacks.

I hope the Niners never throw back to those days.

Aaron Rodgers is only Aaron Rodgers because of his journey in GB. To add credence to your point of the front office being trash (which they kinda still are) had they drafted Aaron chances are his career is more like Smith.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Aaron Rodgers is only Aaron Rodgers because of his journey in GB. To add credence to your point of the front office being trash (which they kinda still are) had they drafted Aaron chances are his career is more like Smith.

I’ll agree to a point. Rodgers still had far more potential than Alex Smith ever did.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Was unaware tv numbers are a safety concern like the one helmet rule.. 🥴🥴

That's how the NFL is justifying the one helmet rule: a safety issue. 

But does another helmet worn by the same player during a season actually make a difference? Depends on who you ask. 

Go A's!

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Dolphins also wore both throwbacks in 2020. 

If the 49ers are going to wear the correct socks for the red throwbacks, hopefully they'll wear them for the white throwback too. 

Oh yeah they did do that last season. 

Obviously, red socks completes the look so much better. They did kind of tease it. 

• Like 3

Go A's!

Apologies if someone's already made something like this, I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

The way I see it, here are the teams who could potentially redesign their uniforms in the next three-four years and are thus prime targets for ditching TV numbers:

Miami (although any redesign would probably draw heavily from their throwback)

Buffalo??? (maybe they decide that the retro look isn't working out)

Baltimore

Houston?

Denver (please base them off of the Color Rush, thanks bye)

Philadelphia???

Washington

Atlanta (gotta stay hip every five years)

New Orleans? (see Miami)

Arizona (if my own team drops TV numbers, I will jump off a building)

LA Rams? (they seem pretty committed to lunacy, so I don't know)

San Francisco???

Seattle?

Dunno if I see it becoming terribly widespread, but one is already too many.

• Like 1

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

10 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Denver (please base them off of the Color Rush, thanks bye)

If the Broncos design something around the Color Rush/Orange Crush unis, I think they'd have to have TV numbers. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't think the 49ers ever needed black in their identity. Like KC it's fine in the logo, but just because it's in the logo doesn't mean it needs to be in the entire uniform. 

Also don't think many teams want to jump right back one set when deciding a throwback.

I mean could you imagine any of these being throwbacks this season?

2004088204-300x0.jpgt_1538607244557_name_fl_ne_former_miami_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNI7XQPfGTV-_1thw-EcY

I’d take each and every one of those over what they currently wear.

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I do miss this shade of blue, though. Felt perfect for rainy Seattle.

That's still my favorite Seahawks jersey.  And helmet.  It's my favorite uniform, even though they always struggled with the pants (whehter going mono or not).

I thought that color was terrific.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Black does not belong anywhere on the 49ers uniforms save for the logo. It looks awful and ruins one of the cleanest sets in the league. The drop shadow is garbage too. Anybody who argues otherwise should never complain about BFBS on any other team again, because the 90s 49ers are the apotheosis of it.

• Like 13
  • Yawn 1

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If uniforms shouldn't be changed because of championships won in them is a thing (which sounds like it is), then Seattle shouldn't rebrand.   y'all are contradicting yourselves.

Championships, not a single championship.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If uniforms shouldn't be changed because of championships won in them is a thing (which sounds like it is), then Seattle shouldn't rebrand.   y'all are contradicting yourselves.

So true, just look at this mess:

Cleveland Cavaliers: Every Record Broken In Historic Playoffs

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's still my favorite Seahawks jersey.  And helmet.  It's my favorite uniform, even though they always struggled with the pants (whehter going mono or not).

I thought that color was terrific.

It was a bit too close to denim for me. With Seattle's monochrome it reminded me of this.

The 20 Best Head-To-Toe Denim Outfits Of The 90s | Crazy outfits, 90s  fashion outfits, Denim party

• Like 1
  • Huh? 1

10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

It was a bit too close to denim for me. With Seattle's monochrome it reminded me of this.

The 20 Best Head-To-Toe Denim Outfits Of The 90s | Crazy outfits, 90s  fashion outfits, Denim party

throwing back to the Little Details you love thread, I love that Justin's jacket has a Levis jean pocket as his breast pocket. He should have had a bandana as his pocket square.

• Like 4

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

7 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I apologize if this has been addressed and I missed it, but do we have any updates on the potential 2021 helmet rule change that people hinted at last year? 

I think owners' meetings take place in late March and May, though I think they've had ad-hoc meetings the last year or so due to covid. But no updates yet. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.