simtek34

NFL Changes 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Anything between 1996 and 2010 is trash. Trash that underachieved in the playoffs, trash that couldn’t get TO a title, trash that drafted a “Brand X” QB instead of Aaron Rodgers, and trash that looked hideous compared to the classic and 1994 throwbacks.

 

I hope the Niners never throw back to those days.

 

Aaron Rodgers is only Aaron Rodgers because of his journey in GB. To add credence to your point of the front office being trash (which they kinda still are) had they drafted Aaron chances are his career is more like Smith.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

 

Aaron Rodgers is only Aaron Rodgers because of his journey in GB. To add credence to your point of the front office being trash (which they kinda still are) had they drafted Aaron chances are his career is more like Smith.


I’ll agree to a point. Rodgers still had far more potential than Alex Smith ever did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cujo said:

 

Was unaware tv numbers are a safety concern like the one helmet rule.. 🥴🥴

That's how the NFL is justifying the one helmet rule: a safety issue. 

 

But does another helmet worn by the same player during a season actually make a difference? Depends on who you ask. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

 

Dolphins also wore both throwbacks in 2020. 

 

If the 49ers are going to wear the correct socks for the red throwbacks, hopefully they'll wear them for the white throwback too. 

Oh yeah they did do that last season. 

 

Obviously, red socks completes the look so much better. They did kind of tease it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if someone's already made something like this, I haven't been keeping up with the thread.

 

The way I see it, here are the teams who could potentially redesign their uniforms in the next three-four years and are thus prime targets for ditching TV numbers:

 

Miami (although any redesign would probably draw heavily from their throwback)

Buffalo??? (maybe they decide that the retro look isn't working out)

Baltimore

Houston?

Denver (please base them off of the Color Rush, thanks bye)

Philadelphia???

Washington

Atlanta (gotta stay hip every five years)

New Orleans? (see Miami)

Arizona (if my own team drops TV numbers, I will jump off a building)

LA Rams? (they seem pretty committed to lunacy, so I don't know)

San Francisco???

Seattle?

 

Dunno if I see it becoming terribly widespread, but one is already too many.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Denver (please base them off of the Color Rush, thanks bye)

 

If the Broncos design something around the Color Rush/Orange Crush unis, I think they'd have to have TV numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

I don't think the 49ers ever needed black in their identity. Like KC it's fine in the logo, but just because it's in the logo doesn't mean it needs to be in the entire uniform. 

 

Also don't think many teams want to jump right back one set when deciding a throwback.

 

I mean could you imagine any of these being throwbacks this season?

2004088204-300x0.jpgt_1538607244557_name_fl_ne_former_miami_images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNI7XQPfGTV-_1thw-EcY

 

I’d take each and every one of those over what they currently wear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

2004088204-300x0.jpg

 

 

I do miss this shade of blue, though. Felt perfect for rainy Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dont care said:

I’d take each and every one of those over what they currently wear.

Including the Rams in the background of the Seattle picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

 

I do miss this shade of blue, though. Felt perfect for rainy Seattle.

That's still my favorite Seahawks jersey.  And helmet.  It's my favorite uniform, even though they always struggled with the pants (whehter going mono or not).

 

I thought that color was terrific.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black does not belong anywhere on the 49ers uniforms save for the logo. It looks awful and ruins one of the cleanest sets in the league. The drop shadow is garbage too. Anybody who argues otherwise should never complain about BFBS on any other team again, because the 90s 49ers are the apotheosis of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If uniforms shouldn't be changed because of championships won in them is a thing (which sounds like it is), then Seattle shouldn't rebrand.   y'all are contradicting yourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If uniforms shouldn't be changed because of championships won in them is a thing (which sounds like it is), then Seattle shouldn't rebrand.   y'all are contradicting yourselves.

Championships, not a single championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cujo said:

 

Was unaware tv numbers are a safety concern like the one helmet rule.. 🥴🥴

 

Thank you.  One has nothing to do with the other. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

If uniforms shouldn't be changed because of championships won in them is a thing (which sounds like it is), then Seattle shouldn't rebrand.   y'all are contradicting yourselves.

So true, just look at this mess:

Cleveland Cavaliers: Every Record Broken In Historic Playoffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

That's still my favorite Seahawks jersey.  And helmet.  It's my favorite uniform, even though they always struggled with the pants (whehter going mono or not).

 

I thought that color was terrific.

It was a bit too close to denim for me. With Seattle's monochrome it reminded me of this.

 

The 20 Best Head-To-Toe Denim Outfits Of The 90s | Crazy outfits, 90s  fashion outfits, Denim party

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chromatic said:

It was a bit too close to denim for me. With Seattle's monochrome it reminded me of this.

 

The 20 Best Head-To-Toe Denim Outfits Of The 90s | Crazy outfits, 90s  fashion outfits, Denim party

throwing back to the Little Details you love thread, I love that Justin's jacket has a Levis jean pocket as his breast pocket. He should have had a bandana as his pocket square.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize if this has been addressed and I missed it, but do we have any updates on the potential 2021 helmet rule change that people hinted at last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I apologize if this has been addressed and I missed it, but do we have any updates on the potential 2021 helmet rule change that people hinted at last year? 

 

I think owners' meetings take place in late March and May, though I think they've had ad-hoc meetings the last year or so due to covid. But no updates yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.