NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So you mean the inaugural uniforms the Jags wore? Yeah we all want those to come back. 😁

Actually, I'm talking about the whole NFL...no more plain pants!

• Like 11

There have been some WFT photoshopped helmet concepts floating around Twitter...

As a WFT fan, I generally like our unis, but they feel incomplete without helmet stripes.  I'm hoping to see at least a single gold stripe down the middle of the helmets next season.

• Like 8

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

3 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

There have been some WFT photoshopped helmet concepts floating around Twitter...

As a WFT fan, I generally like our unis, but they feel incomplete without helmet stripes.  I'm hoping to see at least a single gold stripe down the middle of the helmets next season.

Heck yes to option 1

• Like 3

fiowXOD.png

I understand why people want helmet stripes (and I agree that they'd look much better with them), but I'm pretty sure the reason they don't have any right now is to not give fans any design elements to be attached to during the Football Team era. I guarantee you we'll see them when the team has a proper name.

• Like 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

Besides, the stripe was a vestigial part of the identity, from their pre-1979 set.

1978_Washington.png&f=1&nofb=1

You see how the northwestern helmet stripe fits with the Packers-style stripes elsewhere? It's why the gold pants/striped burgundy socks worked so well with the helmet (not the jersey). If Washington wants a helmet stripe to go with the 1979-present set, I suggest aping the '80s Virginia Cavaliers:

535793.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offse

Gotta stick with the asymmetrical motif.

• Like 16

I've got a wildcard prediction: the Falcons will add a grey pant to their set. I think it's definitely notable that they unveiled red pants and red socks but never used them, probably because they were so soundly rejected by fans. 

A lot of fans asked for grey pants after the unveil because of how it would balance out the facemask, and the top brass with the Falcons/ATLUTD have a pretty good track record of listening and reading the room. 

• Like 8

Just now, insert name said:

People are writing "WFT" but all I see is "WTF"

Why did Washington get rid of the helmet stripes to begin with? I felt something was off about their helmets this season minus the logo removal. 

23 hours ago, QCS said:

I understand why people want helmet stripes (and I agree that they'd look much better with them), but I'm pretty sure the reason they don't have any right now is to not give fans any design elements to be attached to during the Football Team era. I guarantee you we'll see them when the team has a proper name.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 1/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, QCS said:

Weird considering most fans actually seem to really like the new “W” logo with & without the roundel.

Also, the stripes wouldn’t even be considered “Football Team Era”. If anything, the stripeless helmet w/ numbers is definitively the “Football Team Era”. They would’ve been better off just removing the old logo and keeping everything else if they didn’t want to stray too far into the “Football Team Era”.

• Like 2

Rundown of Washington Football Team's president Jason Wright's comments on the radio today: 

-Burgundy and gold is staying as team colors 

-Name should connect to area or history of the club (basically be meaningful to the fanbase and not some random name)

-Research shows that fans want an identity that conveys a "sense of aggression, of boldness, of edginess"

-New name will most likely be announced AFTER the 2021 season

• Like 7