simtek34

NFL Changes 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So you mean the inaugural uniforms the Jags wore? Yeah we¬†all want those to come back. ūüėĀ

 

Actually, I'm talking about the whole NFL...no more plain pants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

 

Is this you by chance? Serious question LOL (pls don't take this bad at all I think this is awesome and am genuinely curious)

1KAe8ke.png

 

No it aint me LMAO... but that man surely shows commitment to the team !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some WFT photoshopped helmet concepts floating around Twitter...

 

 

 

As a WFT fan, I generally like our unis, but they feel incomplete without helmet stripes.  I'm hoping to see at least a single gold stripe down the middle of the helmets next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring back the WFT's gold pants in 2021! Can do without the striped burgundy socks though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HailGoldPants said:

There have been some WFT photoshopped helmet concepts floating around Twitter...

 

 

 

As a WFT fan, I generally like our unis, but they feel incomplete without helmet stripes.  I'm hoping to see at least a single gold stripe down the middle of the helmets next season.

 

Heck yes to option 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why people want helmet stripes (and I agree that they'd look much better with them), but I'm pretty sure the reason they don't have any right now is to not give fans any design elements to be attached to during the Football Team era. I guarantee you we'll see them when the team has a proper name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Besides, the stripe was a vestigial part of the identity, from their pre-1979 set.

 

1978_Washington.png&f=1&nofb=1

You see how the northwestern helmet stripe fits with the Packers-style stripes elsewhere? It's why the gold pants/striped burgundy socks worked so well with the helmet (not the jersey). If Washington wants a helmet stripe to go with the 1979-present set, I suggest aping the '80s Virginia Cavaliers:

 

535793.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offse

 

Gotta stick with the asymmetrical motif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the WFT's main look should always be white jersey and burgundy pants. It's what I grew up with, it's what they won their two Super Bowls in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a wildcard prediction: the Falcons will add a grey pant to their set. I think it's definitely notable that they unveiled red pants and red socks but never used them, probably because they were so soundly rejected by fans. 

 

A lot of fans asked for grey pants after the unveil because of how it would balance out the facemask, and the top brass with the Falcons/ATLUTD have a pretty good track record of listening and reading the room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krudler said:

To me the WFT's main look should always be white jersey and burgundy pants. It's what I grew up with, it's what they won their two Super Bowls in.

Three, actually. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People are writing "WFT" but all I see is "WTF"

 

Why did Washington get rid of the helmet stripes to begin with? I felt something was off about their helmets this season minus the logo removal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, insert name said:

People are writing "WFT" but all I see is "WTF"

 

Why did Washington get rid of the helmet stripes to begin with? I felt something was off about their helmets this season minus the logo removal. 

 

23 hours ago, QCS said:

I understand why people want helmet stripes (and I agree that they'd look much better with them), but I'm pretty sure the reason they don't have any right now is to not give fans any design elements to be attached to during the Football Team era. I guarantee you we'll see them when the team has a proper name.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 2:54 PM, QCS said:

I understand why people want helmet stripes (and I agree that they'd look much better with them), but I'm pretty sure the reason they don't have any right now is to not give fans any design elements to be attached to during the Football Team era. I guarantee you we'll see them when the team has a proper name.

Weird considering most fans actually seem to really like the new ‚ÄúW‚ÄĚ logo with & without the roundel.

 

Also, the stripes wouldn‚Äôt even be considered ‚ÄúFootball Team Era‚ÄĚ. If anything, the stripeless helmet w/ numbers is definitively¬†the ‚ÄúFootball Team Era‚ÄĚ. They would‚Äôve been better off just removing the old logo and keeping everything else if they didn‚Äôt want to stray too far into the ‚ÄúFootball Team Era‚ÄĚ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

‚ÄėTis but a pebble in the pond

spacer.png

Unless they already had something in the works, I believe it's already too late for next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Unless they already had something in the works, I believe it's already too late for next season.

I guess nobody told Mixon that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, insert name said:

They are due for a new set. These overstayed its welcome. 

 

They've been due for a new set since the day they unveiled their current clownsuits. I'm convinced that the only reason they didn't rebrand years ago is because Mike Brown is too cheap to commission it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rundown of Washington Football Team's president Jason Wright's comments on the radio today: 

 

-Burgundy and gold is staying as team colors 

-Name should connect to area or history of the club (basically be meaningful to the fanbase and not some random name)

-Research shows that fans want an identity that conveys a "sense of aggression, of boldness, of edginess"

-New name will most likely be announced AFTER the 2021 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.