NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

I don't think he's an awkward looking guy at all - I think he looks like your prototypical QB, and should be wearing 7, 11, 12, 14, 14, 16, 17, or 18.  Maybe even 9 or 8.  Just not 2.  

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I don't think he's an awkward looking guy at all - I think he looks like your prototypical QB, and should be wearing 7, 11, 12, 14, 14, 16, 17, or 18.  Maybe even 9 or 8.  Just not 2.  

It'd be pretty weird if he wore 7, 12, 17 or 18. He can't wear 11...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It'd be pretty weird if he wore 7, 12, 17 or 18. He can't wear 11...

I mean in general, not specific to his team.  Yeah a couple of those are off limits with the colts. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

8 hours ago, Andy said:

It's the "Tim Couch Number" to me. A harbinger of poor QB play to come.

Well, at least the Colts could be looking at a Top 5 pick for a QB next year if this is a sign of things to come. 😬

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

He sure is an awkward lookin’ fella, ain’t he?

Maybe that's their qualification for QB. Think of their recent past:

-Rivers' throwing motion

-Luck's ... personality

-Manning's ability to run

1 hour ago, _RH_ said:

-Manning's ability to run

Wentz can still run, even after his knee injury (some of these highlights are post ACL).  Check out 1:49.  There was a time that he looked like a sure-fire HOF player (unfortunately, a pretty short time.)

(have to watch on YouTube - won't play embedded, thanks NFL!)

On 3/18/2021 at 10:10 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

Good thing they have a trophy for that.

Who cares about a trophy? The goal of anything you do competitively is to be the best. Winning the most games makes you the best. Losing all year just to get hot in January and February has no logical path to an argument that you're the best.

If you were judging two businesses, and one did $12M in revenue, spread evenly over every month, while one did $3M in revenue in February, with $1k the rest of the year, would the second be better just because it's February? Who cares?

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

10 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Who cares about a trophy? The goal of anything you do competitively is to be the best. Winning the most games makes you the best. Losing all year just to get hot in January and February has no logical path to an argument that you're the best.

If you were judging two businesses, and one did $12M in revenue, spread evenly over every month, while one did $3M in revenue in February, with $1k the rest of the year, would the second be better just because it's February? Who cares?

You’re comparing apples to oranges. Businesses goal is profit, sports goal is the championships and trophies. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

22 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

Nope. My only goal as a professional sports team is to win the last game of the year, and I don't mean Week 17/18, game 162, or anything but the championship final.

If you don't understand that, it isn't my fault.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

It's where I sit.

3 hours ago, dont care said:

You’re comparing apples to oranges. Businesses goal is profit, sports goal is the championships and trophies. 

So you're basically saying that because sports are fundamentally different than everything else, they do not provide any lessons at all that could ever apply to anything else? I think the goal of anything done competitively (business and sports just two examples) is to be the best. That's not apples and oranges. I just don't think winning a championship when you're not the best team by any other measure somehow makes you the best.

3 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Best regular season record means little when you don’t win when it matters.

I don't think regular season record is what matters. The Patriots won 18 games that year, something that has only been 3 times in history. Meanwhile, 55 teams have won the Super Bowl. One is just obviously more impressive. If the Patriots had lost their first playoff game, it wouldn't have been nearly as impressive.

3 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Nope. My only goal as a professional sports team is to win the last game of the year, and I don't mean Week 17/18, game 162, or anything but the championship final.

If you don't understand that, it isn't my fault.

But that's just manufactured for TV and ticket sales. Sports are meant to emulate life. Nothing else in life compares to putting so much insane importance on the exact same thing depending on month. Like besides the words "Super Bowl", how else could you make an argument the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots? The Patriots beat the Giants that year as well. If the only thing that makes them better is that they beat them in a slightly different month, I think you need to rethink your definition of better. And if you agree the Patriots were better than the Giants, what relevance does a trophy have that doesn't signify the best team?

• Yawn 1

22 minutes ago, throwuascenario said:

So you're basically saying that because sports are fundamentally different than everything else, they do not provide any lessons at all that could ever apply to anything else? I think the goal of anything done competitively (business and sports just two examples) is to be the best. That's not apples and oranges. I just don't think winning a championship when you're not the best team by any other measure somehow makes you the best.

I don't think regular season record is what matters. The Patriots won 18 games that year, something that has only been 3 times in history. Meanwhile, 55 teams have won the Super Bowl. One is just obviously more impressive. If the Patriots had lost their first playoff game, it wouldn't have been nearly as impressive.

But that's just manufactured for TV and ticket sales. Sports are meant to emulate life. Nothing else in life compares to putting so much insane importance on the exact same thing depending on month. Like besides the words "Super Bowl", how else could you make an argument the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots? The Patriots beat the Giants that year as well. If the only thing that makes them better is that they beat them in a slightly different month, I think you need to rethink your definition of better. And if you agree the Patriots were better than the Giants, what relevance does a trophy have that doesn't signify the best team?

Bold 1 - Yep, because only leagues that televise an sell tickets have a championship game.

Bold 2 - I don't. They weren't when it mattered -- in the last game.

Edited by Sec19Row53
clarification
  • Like 11

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, throwuascenario said:

The players, coaches, front office, and 99.9% of fans care  more about the trophy than the regular season. You wouldn't be able to find a single pro athlete that would side with you here. This is such a stupid argument.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

The players, coaches, and 99.9% of fans care about the trophy. You wouldn't be able to find a single pro athlete that would side with you here. This is such a stupid argument.

So your best argument is that the Super Bowl is important because look, everyone says so. That's a bad argument. And every single pro athlete cares about their contracts above all else - which they get by being the best they can be, not by winning championships.

• Dislike 1