NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

What's "dated" about them?  They'd fit in fine with the rest of the NFL uniforms if they were on the Nike template and shown with smaller shoulder pads.

• Like 10

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nothing dated about those at all. I look at them as cousins to the style that the Eagles and Ravens are still wearing to this day. edit: and I should say the Bucs too. 

• Like 10

PvO6ZWJ.png

What works for the Jags in all black was the other black pants without stripes. That really in a sense brings cohesion to the set making it a primarily black and gold uniform. So if it was a standalone uniform that emphasizes those two colors, it works mostly. 

72847015.jpg.jpg

And when they changed the number on the white jerseys to black, it matched that cohesion. 

116605538.jpg

But changing from the number from teal to black was a mistake. Teal should always be the color of the number on the black jerseys. And I feel that they don't need anything other than white pants. 

• Like 3

Go A's!

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

• LOL 1

11 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

*whistling* nothing to see here😶

spacer.png

subsource-done-button-uid-EE3-BD340-E9-F

Needs black number outlines a more complex pant stripe. Maybe a bit more gold, but the addition of the logos definitely helps on that front. I don't see the need for the swiping jaguar over the jaguar head (3 different logos is a bit much), but it works fine.

• Like 9

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

5 hours ago, Justpassingby said:

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

It was already rumored that he was buying Washington. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

No Problem Yes GIF by Saturday Night Live

When the uniform sucks like theirs, you never really stop talking about them. My junior high school football uniform was better than this bland set. 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

It was already rumored that he was buying Washington. 

A couple weeks ago @Justpassingby said it wouldn't be Washington, it'd be another team that will be owned by Bezos. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/22/2021 at 10:35 PM, Bathysphere said:

*whistling* nothing to see here😶

spacer.png

subsource-done-button-uid-EE3-BD340-E9-F

The teal numbers on the white jerseys is so much better than black. That small change would really help their uniforms. But really they should just go back to exactly what they were wearing in 1998.

I don't hate the Jags current uniforms and they're a million times better than what they were wearing, but this is my problem with them. They're so close to the original look, which is a pitch perfect football uniform, that to stop short of just fully embracing it exactly as it was is a really weird choice. Why choose to look functionally the same as your best look, but stripped of all the good details? Why would you choose to look good, almost correct, but worse than we all know you can? It's right there, just go a little further. I'm glad the Bucs weren't afraid to go back to their old uniforms (excluding the dumb logo). 

• Like 7

PvO6ZWJ.png

23 minutes ago, Sport said:

They should just go back to exactly what they were wearing in 1998.

I don't hate the Jags current uniforms and they're a million times better than what they were wearing, but this is my problem with them. They're so close to the original look, which is a pitch perfect football uniform, that to stop short of just fully embracing it exactly as it was is a really weird choice. Why choose to functionally the same as your best look, but stripped of all the good details? Why would you choose to look good, almost correct, but worse than we all know you can? It's right there, just go a little further. I'm glad the Bucs weren't afraid to go back to their old uniforms (excluding the dumb logo). 

The Buccaneers’ logo is dumb?

On 3/12/2021 at 10:31 AM, darthjocan said:

Outside of the two Super Bowls in the first two years of the current set and the Manning era, the Broncos haven't been that good since their current uniforms were introduced. They have two playoff appearances in years where John Elway and Peyton Manning weren't the QB in that time.

Well that's not true.  They made the playoffs with Brian Griese within a year or two of Elway retiring.  They made the playoffs with Jake Plummer three times.  And they made the playoffs with Tebow once.  They have the 9th best record in the league since 2000 (and are ranked even higher if you consider '97-'99) and until the last five years or so, outside of the year they were bad enough to draft Miller at #2, their bad years were eight or nine wins and being in playoff contention.  Really, since they've switched, imo, there's only been three or four teams you could argue have been more successful than them overall.

As for the Jaguars... they look like the blah franchise that they are.  A return to the Fred Taylor-era uniforms would give them one of the best looks in the league again.

• Like 3

IUe6Hvh.png

Adding the logos to the Jaguars set certainly adds more character, but I think we're asking these tiny sleeves to do way too much. It's unreasonable to force a full-bodied jaguar -- much like the full-bodied tiger patch of the Bengals -- onto a piece of the jersey with the smallest amount of area, and then have it share the space with a manufacturer's logo. 

I'd argue it's unreasonable anymore to force ANY logo into that space. 

That includes the Bucs, Panthers, Eagles  ... the list goes on. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Teams like the Vikings, Jets (albeit imperfectly) and Chargers have done a much better job of at least attempting to make appropriate use of that shoulder space. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Adding the logos to the Jaguars set certainly adds more character, but I think we're asking these tiny sleeves to do way too much. It's unreasonable to force a full-bodied jaguar -- much like the full-bodied tiger patch of the Bengals -- onto a piece of the jersey with the smallest amount of area, and then have it share the space with a manufacturer's logo. 

I'd argue it's unreasonable anymore to force ANY logo into that space. 

That includes the Bucs, Panthers, Eagles  ... the list goes on. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

Teams like the Vikings, Jets (albeit imperfectly) and Chargers have done a much better job of at least attempting to make appropriate use of that shoulder space. 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

The Jags' logo would work since it's not really tall, it's more horizontal. Take out the weird cuff-whatever-that-is and there's plenty of room. Bengals would probably work too if there was no shoulder design (i.e. just numbers and sleeve logo). 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The Jags' logo would work since it's not really tall, it's more horizontal. Take out the weird cuff-whatever-that-is and there's plenty of room. Bengals would probably work too if there was no shoulder design (i.e. just numbers and sleeve logo). 

I certainly think it would work better than other logos because it's more narrow and horizontal, but I still don't think it would look good. It's still forcing something into too small of a space.  

These linemen barely have room for the swoosh, which would have to share space with that jaguar. Removing the black cuff wouldn't make a difference. Frankly, these jerseys are better off unadorned. 

spacer.png

• Like 3