NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

The NFL just released the proposed rule changes that the owners will be voting on.  Looks like teams will be voting on expanding the position groups who can wear single digit numbers, but unfortunately there's no mention of the one helmet rule, so my guess is we're living another year without quality throwbacks for most clubs.  

***DISCLAIMER: THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE***

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

Based off this, Bills will be moving to gray facemasks full time 

• Like 2
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

10 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

White numbers. Only 1 version of gray needed. Also kill the all gray uniform. It's dumb.

I disagree, I love the silver uniforms, but I do think they should use it with the white pants instead 

3 minutes ago, Gary said:

I disagree, I love the silver uniforms, but I do think they should use it with the white pants instead 

The problem is it's a terrible shade of gray. There isn't enough contrast with colored or white jerseys. It needs to get darker (and worn against teams in white) or lighter (and worn against teams in dark). Instead it's smack dab in the middle and looks terrible in any matchup where the opponent isn't wearing black (and even then it's a tough game to watch).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The problem is it's a terrible shade of gray. There isn't enough contrast with colored or white jerseys. It needs to get darker (and worn against teams in white) or lighter (and worn against teams in dark). Instead it's smack dab in the middle and looks terrible in any matchup where the opponent isn't wearing black (and even then it's a tough game to watch).

I’ve never had a problem with the shade of silver. I think that the problem for me was the fact it got muddled with the silver pants. Pair the silver uniforms with the white pants and it would brighten the color and make them better

13 hours ago, Gary said:

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/3/31/22360830/detroit-lions-uniform-changes-rod-wood-planning-2022

I hope they get rid of the ridiculous WCF letters where the stripes are, get rid of the Lions word mark where the stripes lay. Also tweak the numbers a bit

Was this an early April Fools’ Day joke? The Lions are fine when they stay away from the grey alts. No need to fix what isn’t broken. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The odds that the one-shell rule goes away in 2021 seem to get slimmer. My guess is 2022 will be the year.

So if Tampa's white throwback helmet shows up in 2022, I guess that means Seattle's neon lime green helmet will be here in 2023?

Whoopie.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, JayMac said:

The Lions only need to make a couple of changes. With that being said, I expect them to be completely Nike-fied.

You're right, they're a few tweaks away.  Some minor changes would make them probably one of the best "modernized classic" looks out there.  I'm inclined to think that if they make a switch at this point, they'll be going back to the Barry Sanders era classic look since Nike has already had there way with them. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So if Tampa's white throwback helmet shows up in 2022, I guess that means Seattle's neon lime green helmet will be here in 2023?

Not if they go back to the royal, kelly, and silver 😀

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

46 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Well, they could just do that full time, look 1000 percent better, and they wouldn't need a second helmet at all.

I don't want another Silver helmet/Silver pants team. Its a good look, and its better than Seattle's current look yes, but if they update I'd like something else. 

6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Wait, the Bills white face mask thing was a joke? That’s cruel

• Like 4

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."