NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

IMHO gray facemasks only work with teams with gray / silver in their scheme. Doesn't mean they all should, but I think that works.  I'm not a fan of gray because they're a 'classic' uniform, I get it, I just don't really like it.  I think Indy looked better in either white or blue masks.  SF with red.

Cardinals would look much better, from the neck up, with red facemasks

• Like 14

My helmet choices if I were in charge of the league: (Helmet Color/Facemask Color)

Cowboys: White/Gray

Giants: Blue/White

Eagles: White/Green

Washington: Burgundy/Yellow

Bears: Navy/Navy

Lions: Silver/Silver

Packers: Yellow/Green

Vikings: Purple/Purple

Falcons: Black/Black

Panthers: Black/White

Saints: Gold/Black

Buccaneers: Pewter/Pewter

Cardinals: White/White

Rams: Blue/Blue

49ers: Gold/Gray

Seahawks: Silver/Navy

Bills: Red/White

Dolphins: White/Aqua

Patriots: White/Navy

Jets: Green/White

Ravens: Purple/Black

Bengals: Orange/White

Browns: Orange/Brown

Steelers: Black/Black

Texans: White/Navy

Colts: White/White

Jaguars: Black/Black

Titans: White/Navy

Broncos: Navy/Navy

Chiefs: Red/White

Raiders: Silver/Silver

Chargers: White/Powder

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

The hate for gray facemasks is stupid. It's like the grey away uniforms in baseball, it's a neutral color that works for every possible helmet in the NFL. There's only like a handful of teams I don't think would benefit from wearing a grey face mask permanently. 

• Like 7
  • Yawn 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

23 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

The hate for gray facemasks is stupid. It's like the grey away uniforms in baseball, it's a neutral color that works for every possible helmet in the NFL. There's only like a handful of teams I don't think would benefit from wearing a grey face mask permanently. 

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

Jalen Hurts switching from #2 to #1.  Major upgrade.

Joe Flacco will wear #7.

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

50 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I honestly can't stand the grey away uniforms in baseball. I'm indifferent on the facemasks. But I have never understood the grey in baseball. Why not a team in white and a team in the primary uniform color like other sports? 

• Like 5

On 3/23/2021 at 8:27 AM, Justpassingby said:

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

It’s been ten days. We now know you are full of trash, and spew nothing but lies. Any “news” and “leaks” you have from here on out can be considered bull and not have anything merit.

• Like 1
  • WOAH 1

2 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The Bills should've went with red facemasks.

I'm glad someone else agrees. It'd really help bring out the [little bit of] red throughout their uniform. (Of course, it'd also help if they axed out all traces of navy trim as well--let that red breathe a lot more than it does now.) And for those curious how the Bills' helmet might look with a red mask, well, here's a good comparison point, from a team that [used to have] a dang-near similar colorway and uniform layout:

ff_2910595_full.jpg&w=900

quarterback-warren-moon-of-the-houston-o

53 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Ermm...

tampa-florida-usa-8th-nov-2015-tampa-bay

I know, I know, it's "chrome", but still... yeah, gray don't work with that helmet. So glad Tampa came to their good senses and got rid of that mess...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

22 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I know, I know, it's "chrome", but still... yeah, gray don't work with that helmet. So glad Tampa came to their good senses and got rid of that mess...

That's why I said there's a handful of teams that wouldn't benefit from grey facemasks, black works much better for the Bucs. That said I still don't hate it. If it wasn't chrome it would be fine. See @oldschoolvikings concept for reference. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

I'm glad someone else agrees. It'd really help bring out the [little bit of] red throughout their uniform. (Of course, it'd also help if they axed out all traces of navy trim as well--let that red breathe a lot more than it does now.) And for those curious how the Bills' helmet might look with a red mask, well, here's a good comparison point, from a team that [used to have] a dang-near similar colorway and uniform layout:

The Bills with a light helmet, red facemask and blue jerseys would creep into the Patriots' aesthetic, IMO. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Apparently, the Eagles have never had a QB wear #1.

JxFnwDtB?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I suspect by jumping up several pages, someone's mentioned the Bills (looks like that's what all this face mask talk probably derived from).

Did I see that the Bills are going to white as their "primary" face mask color? Does that mean they may show up one Sunday with gray, red, or blue face masks? Or would that only be in the case of a throwback or something?

College teams switch face masks a lot (Wisconsin bounces between red and white) but in the NFL the helmet is such a major identifier, I'd be kind of surprised to see this happen frequently. It seems like a mistake to have helmets changing a lot. Jerseys? Sure; fans buy those. But is there really a big run on helmets (full-sized and/or mini) that Bills Mafia members are going to need one with each face mask color?

I think the move to white is an improvement, though blue or red would have been better. Gray generally sticks out like a sore thumb on teams without gray or silver. But we're probably at the point at which the topic of gray face masks need to be given the distinction of "quasi-political" and banned.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Cardinals in a red or black facemask would feel like a college team, I think. It feels like there are 10 teams in FBS/FCS that are "Cardinals" and have white helmets with black or red facemasks. Gray has that tiny bit of homage to the club's beginnings. 

Unrelated...PFT/Florio today had an article about the Chargers' new dysfunction around 36% of the ownership of the team, and he speculates about Bezos possibly owning a share of the team some time in the future (let's say years from now) . 

Of course, it’s possible that someone like Jeff Bezos will make one or more offer(s) to family members that individually can’t be refused and collectively can’t be matched. There’s still no blanket commitment to sell the 36-percent interest in the team after 2024, or at any point.

Say what you want about Florio...he's hit or miss for many...but he has strong ties around the league. If Bezos was going to buy a team anytime soon, Florio would probably know about it and not speculate about Bezos' interest in a team at a later date. Maybe Bezos had a passing interest in a piece of the Chargers but that seems like a huge reach based on it'd be a small minority share. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.