NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 3/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, Justpassingby said:

Good morning. So that thing I said a few weeks ago? Yeah the team Bezos is buying will become public knowledge in the next ten days. No I won’t tell you how I know this so don’t even bother asking. But when it starts circulating I look forward to speculating with you all what the new uniforms will look like. 

Well @Justpassingby seems like the reason you don't want anyone to "even bother asking" is because there's nothing happening... at least not within the "next 10 days."

But thanks for sharing your inside knowledge.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Need somebody to explain to me how a grey facemask works with this uniform

spacer.png

The Cardinals’ problem is more like the jersey and pants don’t work with the helmet. They should be wearing something super clean and traditional that doesn’t clash with the gray facemask.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Need somebody to explain to me how a grey facemask works with this helmet

ArizonaCardinalsSpeedFlex01_1024x.jpg?v=

The cardinal logo is striking, and is a very strong image. It’s also the lone imagery of any kind on the helmet. Any color face mask would draw attention away from the logo. 

grey is an neutral, invisible color. 

• Like 7
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, sonny said:

The cardinal logo is striking, and is a very strong image. It’s also the lone imagery of any kind on the helmet. Any color face mask would draw attention away from the logo. 

grey is an neutral, invisible color. 

Negative. Grey facemasks work if it's part of a throwback uniform (ala Indy, SF, NYG), which the Cardinals definitely don't wear.

With their current piped out, Reebok era, 00s set they have, the grey facemask is a no-go. It honestly comes off as if the Cards forgot to update it with the rest of the uniform. Black, red, white, yellow, aquamarine, eggplant -- just about any color would be better than grey.

• Like 11

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, Cujo said:

Need somebody to explain to me how a grey facemask works with this helmet

ArizonaCardinalsSpeedFlex01_1024x.jpg?v=

Didn't you just post this right before this and get proven wrong? The Cardinals are over 100 years old. If there's a teams that's going to have a grey facemask its them. That helmet hasn't changed in decades, changing it now would be disastrous. 

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

14 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Didn't you just post this right before this and get proven wrong? The Cardinals are over 100 years old. If there's a teams that's going to have a grey facemask its them. That helmet hasn't changed in decades, changing it now would be disastrous. 

Well, except for the logo on the sides of it... 😄

...And if the Cardinals really valued their oldest-in-the-league traditional legacy, they wouldn't have allowed Reebok to pipe-n-panel it all to h-e-double in the first place, so there's that, too.

Anyway, to your point, for anyone curious as to a visual, here you go:

ff_3581795-652456e793899658ff00_full.jpg

(Shoot, this might look better with a black facemask...)

• Like 16

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Have the Cardinals ever had a red facemask? Because I bet it would look super nice.

This looks nice, doesn't it?

90974314.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1138

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

Negative. Grey facemasks work if it's part of a throwback uniform (ala Indy, SF, NYG), which the Cardinals definitely don't wear.

With their current piped out, Reebok era, 00s set they have, the grey facemask comes off as if the Cards forgot to update it with the rest of the uniform. Black, red, white, yellow, aquamarine, eggplant -- just about any color would be better than grey.

To be fair, you asked how a grey face mask works with this *helmet* (not uniform).

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Have the Cardinals ever had a red facemask? Because I bet it would look super nice.

This looks nice, doesn't it?

90974314.jpeg&c=sc&w=1600&h=1138

Yeah, but it looks like the Louisville Cardinals, not the Chicago / St. Louis / Phoenix / Arizona Cardinals.

• Like 9
  • Yawn 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

To be fair, you asked how a grey face mask works with this *helmet* (not uniform).

The facemask doesn't even work the the helmet. It's "matched" with a sleek logo created in 2005.

If the Cardinals went back to the St. Louis era bird and uniforms, then FINE, grey facemask. But that's not happening. Never happening (outside of throwback alternate purposes).

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

It also has a big red stripe down the middle, which ties in nicely with the facemask.  A red mask wouldn't look right on the plain white helmet that the AZ Cardinals have.

EDIT: referring to the Louisville Cardinals photo.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Scrolled across this concept..

Doesn't HAVE To utilize the Arizona state flag on sleeves, but 10000000x better than the present-day Red Birds. Would even be OK if they replaced all black with navy. Yellow facemask even looks solid.

euu6v2nwovh61.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

• Like 6

6uXNWAo.png

14 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

From now on every time that picture of everyone with gray facemasks gets posted I'll just post this new and improved one.

facemasks.jpg

Wow, color! Look how much better it is when the facemask actually fits with the rest of the helmet!

*Possible exceptions to the Giants and Steelers, who were the only two teams that I actually hesitated to color and think gray is an equally good option for them. Also I changed the Jets and Vikings masks from black to white/purple because their black masks are stupid.

Yea, these look great. The only ones I would definitely change are the Raiders and Cowboys, to leave them with a silver that matches the helmets (sorry, @oldschoolvikings, but the gray facemasks on those two teams not even matching the shade of the helmet was especially egregious).

Beyond that, you could probably convince me that the Giants and 49ers would be better with gray facemasks. I also think that this discussion has convinced me that the Cardinals’ best option is probably a gray mask, with a more traditional uniform.

It is satisfying that nearly all of the light colored helmets (not navy/black) have unique helmet/facemask color combos.

As for the Bills switching to a white mask, I think it’s a huge upgrade. Although I’m on the team that wants them to return to their red helmets, this news is probably the next best thing.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

From now on every time that picture of everyone with gray facemasks gets posted I'll just post this new and improved one.

facemasks.jpg

So is it just me or do the Panthers really need to switch to light blue helmets? The logo would need a white outline obviously. And there needs to be at least another red helmet team. Even just one. Falcons or Bills, whatever. Not enough red in this league imo

• Like 4

On 4/1/2021 at 7:53 PM, Cujo said:

List of NFL teams that look good with grey facemasks:

- Colts

- 49ers

That's the list.

I’d give blue to the Colts and red to the Niners. My list is:

- Lions

- Cowboys

- Giants

- Raiders

But just guess what they all have in common? 😉 

• Like 5

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

12 minutes ago, Chawls said:

I’d give blue to the Colts and red to the Niners. My list is:

- Cowboys

- Raiders

A true silver facemask would be proper for those teams.

• Like 5

6uXNWAo.png

17 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

facemasks.jpg

Wow, color! Look how much better it is when the facemask actually fits with the rest of the helmet!

*Possible exceptions to the Giants and Steelers, who were the only two teams that I actually hesitated to color and think gray is an equally good option for them. Also I changed the Jets and Vikings masks from black to white/purple because their black masks are stupid.

This is much better, but part of me wants to know what the Jaguars helmet design would look like with a teal shell color & a gold color face mask.

• Like 1