NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

My opinion, and this is an overarching one with few exceptions as far as sports teams branding goes, but I think that if you have an option on the colour of a piece of equipment, it should be in your colour scheme. There are very few exceptions in my my mind. Do the 49ers look alright with a grey mask? Yes. Its ultimately not that significant a part of the uniform. But I think they'd look better with red. This goes for shoes, gloves, armsleeves, socks in basketball, etc.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

The Vikings wore white masks briefly in the early ‘80s. I thought they were too much of a distraction, and looked especially bad with the white uniforms. Switching to purple masks was a big upgrade.

I think there is a solution for this. If we can't have alternate helmets, why can't we have alternate masks instead?

• Like 2

4r2eer.png

1 minute ago, pepis21 said:

I think there is a solution for this. If we can't have alternate helmets, why can't we have alternate masks instead?

We already do. Buffalo last year used both gray and white, before the redesign the Jets used dark green, white, and Kelly green, tons of teams have gray masks for throwbacks, the Chargers have yellow and navy. There's probably a few other examples I'm forgetting.

• Like 9

ExJworW.png

10 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

We already do. Buffalo last year used both gray and white, before the redesign the Jets used dark green, white, and Kelly green, tons of teams have gray masks for throwbacks, the Chargers have yellow and navy. There's probably a few other examples I'm forgetting.

Washington uses gold & grey

Miami uses white & grey

Giants use grey & white

Green Bay has used green & blue

Chicago has used blue & grey

Kansas City has used white & grey

Ironically, all have been for throwback uniforms like you said

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

100%. They couldn’t even take the time and effort to remove the number outlines.

It's really not that hard, KC:

- Grey facemask

- Move the tv numbers down

- Remove the AFL patch

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

Imagine if the Vikings swapped out their facemasks in this game too and called it a throwback game.

Forum members would still geek tf out because grey facemasks 🤯🤯🤯

• Like 8

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Washington uses gold & grey

Miami uses white & grey

Giants use grey & white

Green Bay has used green & blue

Chicago has used blue & grey

Kansas City has used white & grey

Ironically, all have been for throwback uniforms like you said

Green Bay doesn’t use a blue face mask for their throwbacks, they still use the green one and nobody notices

• Like 5

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not that my opinion of it matters one ioda, but I've long thought the Footballs' yellow gold masks as garish. It may just be because yellow is so bright on its own, but I never understood why they went that route rather than color-keying the masks to the helmets. 

I never cared much for Washington using them.  But they just seem to "work" for the Chargers.  Perhaps because the Chargers have built their brand around flashy and outlandish uniforms.

I unsurprised that we have come back to this topic, so I guess I will thrown in my 2 cents:

-Gray facemasks only really work with traditional-style looks or teams with silver/gray in their color scheme.

-Chargers need to be in powder blue. Their current yellow facemasks make the uniform too yellow-heavy

-Vikings look fine in black

-Browns look really good in brown facemasks, gray is also good, white seems a bit dated at this point. 

-Bills moving away from gray is unfortunate, especially considering that there is another white on white team in the AFC East (Dolphins). I do think that they would look really good in blue facemasks (see the early 80's look for the team:)

5ef27bf8a1e1f.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C880

• Like 8

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

14 hours ago, DNAsports said:

100%. They couldn’t even take the time and effort to remove the number outlines and AFL patch.

The numbers have always had gold outlines, but they didn't show up very well in old pictures and film.

spacer.png

• Like 8

spacer.png