simtek34

NFL Changes 2021

Recommended Posts

Just now, DNAsports said:

Oh no... not the BENGALS using TIGER stripes ūüė≥ūü§ĮOh My God Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

 

I fail to see the ‚Äúexcessive‚ÄĚ amount of striping you claim to see.

spacer.png
There’s a tasteful amount of it all around. Now, if they went bonkers with it on top of the shoulders, down the sides of the jerseys, and on the socks, THEN there’d be an issue.

 

FFIW, I do agree with the removal of the side panels and an alteration to the number font.

Wow. Somehow I remembered the striping being more intrusive. That doesn’t look bad. I’ve always loved the tiger stripes on the pants. For some reason I was thinking the striping on the jerseys looked closer to a yoke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

The number font? The side panels? The excessive striping? The Bengals have a good helmet. I’ll give them that. 
 

EDIT: You had already mentioned the side panels, about which we agree. I meant to say drop shadows on the numbers. 

The number font I don't have an issue with, and even if I did, I wouldn't consider that a major detail. I would not consider the striping excessive either. To me saying a team couldn't possibly look worse is saying the look is fundamentally flawed at its core rather than in need of a few tweaks, and I don't think the Bengals have a fundamentally flawed look. The tiger striping works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BBTV said:

So barring some out-of-left-field surprise, like when Warren Sapp leaked that the Bucs were getting new unis despite nothing being mentioned prior, we aren't getting anything of note for 2021.  Maybe a patch here and there, maybe some tweaks to the WFT helmet (though nothing even hinted at by the team), but no full overhauls.  Pretty dull offseason.

 

I have no inside knowledge, but I can't imagine the Cardinals running back the Reebok set one more year, especially with Kyler Murray having a breakout year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

The number font I don't have an issue with, and even if I did, I wouldn't consider that a major detail. I would not consider the striping excessive either. To me saying a team couldn't possibly look worse is saying the look is fundamentally flawed at its core rather than in need of a few tweaks, and I don't think the Bengals have a fundamentally flawed look. The tiger striping works.

I feel as though most people struggled to accept the uniforms because it was a relatively big risk from their previously traditional-esque set from 1981-2003


this-

spacer.png

 

to this-

spacer.png
 

The stripes on the jersey went from contained and streamlined to free-flowing while the pants saw the overall stripe essentially becomes a tiger stripe itself. Including being the first(?) to not reach the bottom of the pant leg. As well as being one of the teams in the Reebok era to include the paneling.

 

In a vacuum, it’s a pretty solid uniform that has held up for 16 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

 

As far as a name starting with R? I’d wonder if an identity involving Renegades would be accepted on the condition that it mimics the current temporary logos

 

 

"Washington Renegades" brings up imagery I'm pretty sure we'd all like to avoid.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, burgundy said:

 

"Washington Renegades" brings up imagery I'm pretty sure we'd all like to avoid.

 

 

Which is why I asked if it would be a viable option on the condition the team utilizes logos that mimic the temporary ones they currently used.

 

If Golden State can still use ‚ÄúWarriors‚ÄĚ with a bridge logo, why would ‚ÄúRenegades‚ÄĚ with an adjusted¬†roundel¬†‚ÄúW‚ÄĚ logo be any different?

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

I have no inside knowledge, but I can't imagine the Cardinals running back the Reebok set one more year, especially with Kyler Murray having a breakout year.

 

That would have had to be started two years ago, and you don't think there'd be any leaks by now?  Typically new unis don't drop until closer to the draft, but we at least know what's coming by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BBTV said:

 

That would have had to be started two years ago, and you don't think there'd be any leaks by now?  Typically new unis don't drop until closer to the draft, but we at least know what's coming by now.

 

Did the Colts rebrand come out of the blue last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

The stripes on the jersey went from contained and streamlined to free-flowing while the pants saw the overall stripe essentially becomes a tiger stripe itself. Including being the first(?) to not reach the bottom of the pant leg. As well as being one of the teams in the Reebok era to include the paneling.

 

 

Broncos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

 

Did the Colts rebrand come out of the blue last year?

 

You're using the word "rebrand" very loosely.  Slightly changing number fonts doesn't constitute a "rebrand".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BBTV said:

 

You're using the word "rebrand" very loosely.  Slightly changing number fonts doesn't constitute a "rebrand".

 

I suppose so, but wouldn't the Colts needed to have gone through the same process? They had new wordmarks too, which is a big part of the rebranding process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

Broncos.

Shoot. Slipped my mind. Thanks for the check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

 

spacer.png

spacer.png
 

 


i would remove the side panels, change to block font, and use the pants stripe to the one similar to the first picture. I do like the sleeve cap stripes like the current jerseys. I would also get rid of orange yokes of the away uniforms as well. That is super unnecessary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NHL Clubs Add Willie O’Ree Helmet Logo Celebrating Equality

January 18, 2021 - 15:46 PM

The National Hockey League will honour the legacy of Willie O’Ree, observe Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and celebrate equality with the addition of a commemorative helmet decal over the next six weeks. Beginning with the weekend of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the United States on January 16th

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How about giving me a reason to click on some random link? I'd think you would want to tell us what this is so that we might look at it.

Miami Dolphins rebrand that puts an emphasis on grey/silver while mixing old with new

 

Thats the best description I can give.

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

EDIT: added pictures from link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Miami Dolphins rebrand that puts an emphasis on grey/silver while mixing old with new

 

Thats the best description I can give.

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

EDIT: added pictures from link

No, not a fan of this at all. If there is one thing a team in Miami, a city of sunshine, doesn't need its gray or silver. Aqua, orange and white doesn't need to be dulled down. If the reason is because that dolphins are gray than that is a terrible reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

No, not a fan of this at all. If there is one thing a team in Miami, a city of sunshine, doesn't need its gray or silver. Aqua, orange and white doesn't need to be dulled down. If the reason is because that dolphins are gray than that is a terrible reason.

Not to mention 'angry mascot logo' is played out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not to mention 'angry mascot logo' is played out.

I actually like that. I’d make him aqua though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.