NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

On 4/18/2021 at 7:30 PM, NicDB said:

Hogs became associated with the franchise so organically, and how often do you see a swine related identity in sports?  The Arkansas Razorbacks and Nippon Ham Fighters are the only two I can come up with off the top of my head.

Nippon-Ham is the company that owns the team. The nickname is just the Fighters, and their identity has nothing to do with swine.

When WFT first announced the name change, Pigskins was the first one that I thought would work. Keeping the 'Skins' suffix seems like it would cause less potential problems than keeping 'Red' in the name.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Nippon-Ham is the company that owns the team. The nickname is just the Fighters, and their identity has nothing to do with swine.

When WFT first announced the name change, Pigskins was the first one that I thought would work. Keeping the 'Skins' suffix seems like it would cause less potential problems than keeping 'Red' in the name.

spacer.png

• Like 8

On 4/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, hormone said:

But why can’t they have different masks? The chargers do and before the jets changed, they wore gray (for a throwback) white, green, and chrome green (with color rush). I see no problem with swapping masks and that would still stay true to the “nfl brand”

I’m sure the Bills will have different masks and revert to the gray ones when wearing the AFL faux throwbacks.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Soooo we're really only getting the Bengals this year?  That sucks.  Was hoping more teams would make changes. 

Plus new throwbacks (49ers, Browns, and seemingly Packers?) 

Smaller changes I'm hoping for are new white pants for Broncos color rush, and silver pants for Patriots and Falcons. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Plus new throwbacks (49ers, Browns, and seemingly Packers?) 

Smaller changes I'm hoping for are new white pants for Broncos color rush, and silver pants for Patriots and Falcons. 

Yea, I meant in terms of complete overhauls, but I wasn't factoring in the minor uni changes.  And we still don't have an answer on the one helmet rule?  Didn't realize how spoiled we were last year with all of the uniform changes.  

• Like 2

This thread is going to end up being for surprise pants unveilings, people freaking out if a jersey tears, and me moaning about how dumb the dumb-ass dummy players look when they wear oversized-loose t-shirts under their skin-tight jerseys like a bunch of dumb-ass clowns.

• Like 16

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, kutztown said:

Yea, I meant in terms of complete overhauls, but I wasn't factoring in the minor uni changes.  And we still don't have an answer on the one helmet rule?  Didn't realize how spoiled we were last year with all of the uniform changes.  

Jersey number proposal just passed. So I'd assume we would know soon about the one helmet rule?

I wonder how many players the NFL will allow to switch numbers now.

• Like 2

NFL Approves Proposal To Reduce Restrictions On Jersey Numbers

April 21, 2021 - 19:41 PM

According to multiple reports, NFL owners approved a proposal on Wednesday afternoon that will allow running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs to wear a new range of numbers moving forward, including single digits. The amendment to Rule 5, Section 1, Article 2 of the NFL rulebook

Read More...

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Jersey number proposal just passed. So I'd assume we would know soon about the one helmet rule?

There's been a ton of discussion about the jersey numbers and everyone knew the vote was happening. Other than rumors, there really hasn't been confirmation that multiple helmets is even coming up for a vote.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means the one helmet rule isn't going away just yet and we have at least one more year before the chaos of ugly alternative helmets is here.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, beachperroAZ said:

I am looking at you Arizona Cardinals........Listen to the fans and change the uniforms!

Most of the re-design teams in all 4 major pro sports have been on fire lately!

The Sabres, Padres, Kraken, Brewers, Buccaneers, Chargers, Bengals, and Hornets all look excellent.

Let's see if the Cardinals can pull off the best of both worlds combo. In other words, the right combination of past and present, so that they have something that looks great and that ties in to the team history just right.

• Like 4

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

• Like 7

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

I hate to sound like a curmudgeonly old man but I’m not really a fan of the jersey number rule change. I’ve always been a uniform number nut and after having the current number rules in place it will take a lot of getting used to. 

• Like 13

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

Three things are certain in NFL team uniform concept redesigns-

• Arizona Flag for the Cardinals

• Maryland Flag for the Ravens

• Jaguar spots for Jacksonville

None of those ever look good in any way

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Three things are certain in NFL team uniform concept redesigns-

• Arizona Flag for the Cardinals

• Maryland Flag for the Ravens

• Jaguar spots for Jacksonville

None of those ever look good in any way

The Ravens and O's already incorporate the Maryland flag in just about the perfect way on their respective uniforms.  The only thing I could see liking under certain circumstances is if the Ravens went with a subtle sublimation of the MD flag on the sleeves, but my faith in Nike to pull that off tastefully is quite low.

• Like 2

spacer.png