Jump to content

NFL Changes 2021


simtek34

Recommended Posts

On 4/18/2021 at 7:30 PM, NicDB said:

Hogs became associated with the franchise so organically, and how often do you see a swine related identity in sports?  The Arkansas Razorbacks and Nippon Ham Fighters are the only two I can come up with off the top of my head.

 

Nippon-Ham is the company that owns the team. The nickname is just the Fighters, and their identity has nothing to do with swine.

 

When WFT first announced the name change, Pigskins was the first one that I thought would work. Keeping the 'Skins' suffix seems like it would cause less potential problems than keeping 'Red' in the name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

 

Nippon-Ham is the company that owns the team. The nickname is just the Fighters, and their identity has nothing to do with swine.

 

When WFT first announced the name change, Pigskins was the first one that I thought would work. Keeping the 'Skins' suffix seems like it would cause less potential problems than keeping 'Red' in the name.

spacer.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2021 at 4:34 PM, hormone said:

But why can’t they have different masks? The chargers do and before the jets changed, they wore gray (for a throwback) white, green, and chrome green (with color rush). I see no problem with swapping masks and that would still stay true to the “nfl brand”

 

I’m sure the Bills will have different masks and revert to the gray ones when wearing the AFL faux throwbacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Soooo we're really only getting the Bengals this year?  That sucks.  Was hoping more teams would make changes. 

 

Plus new throwbacks (49ers, Browns, and seemingly Packers?) 

 

Smaller changes I'm hoping for are new white pants for Broncos color rush, and silver pants for Patriots and Falcons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Plus new throwbacks (49ers, Browns, and seemingly Packers?) 

 

Smaller changes I'm hoping for are new white pants for Broncos color rush, and silver pants for Patriots and Falcons. 

 Yea, I meant in terms of complete overhauls, but I wasn't factoring in the minor uni changes.  And we still don't have an answer on the one helmet rule?  Didn't realize how spoiled we were last year with all of the uniform changes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is going to end up being for surprise pants unveilings, people freaking out if a jersey tears, and me moaning about how dumb the dumb-ass dummy players look when they wear oversized-loose t-shirts under their skin-tight jerseys like a bunch of dumb-ass clowns.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, kutztown said:

 Yea, I meant in terms of complete overhauls, but I wasn't factoring in the minor uni changes.  And we still don't have an answer on the one helmet rule?  Didn't realize how spoiled we were last year with all of the uniform changes.  

 

Jersey number proposal just passed. So I'd assume we would know soon about the one helmet rule?

 

I wonder how many players the NFL will allow to switch numbers now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NFL Approves Proposal To Reduce Restrictions On Jersey Numbers

April 21, 2021 - 19:41 PM

According to multiple reports, NFL owners approved a proposal on Wednesday afternoon that will allow running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers and defensive backs to wear a new range of numbers moving forward, including single digits. The amendment to Rule 5, Section 1, Article 2 of the NFL rulebook

Read More...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

 

Jersey number proposal just passed. So I'd assume we would know soon about the one helmet rule?

 

 

There's been a ton of discussion about the jersey numbers and everyone knew the vote was happening. Other than rumors, there really hasn't been confirmation that multiple helmets is even coming up for a vote.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means the one helmet rule isn't going away just yet and we have at least one more year before the chaos of ugly alternative helmets is here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless there are some major player transactions one the veteran side I don't see too many number changes at this point due to the retail timing. Rookies on the other hand will be in play for college numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beachperroAZ said:

I am looking at you Arizona Cardinals........Listen to the fans and change the uniforms!

 

Most of the re-design teams in all 4 major pro sports have been on fire lately!

 

The Sabres, Padres, Kraken, Brewers, Buccaneers, Chargers, Bengals, and Hornets all look excellent.

 

Let's see if the Cardinals can pull off the best of both worlds combo. In other words, the right combination of past and present, so that they have something that looks great and that ties in to the team history just right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A player cannot change his current number for the 2021 season unless said player is willing to buyout their remaining jersey inventory.

 

However, number change requests can be made for the 2022 season without issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate to sound like a curmudgeonly old man but I’m not really a fan of the jersey number rule change. I’ve always been a uniform number nut and after having the current number rules in place it will take a lot of getting used to. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

Three things are certain in NFL team uniform concept redesigns-

 

• Arizona Flag for the Cardinals

 

• Maryland Flag for the Ravens

 

• Jaguar spots for Jacksonville

 

None of those ever look good in any way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Three things are certain in NFL team uniform concept redesigns-

 

• Arizona Flag for the Cardinals

 

• Maryland Flag for the Ravens

 

• Jaguar spots for Jacksonville

 

None of those ever look good in any way

The Ravens and O's already incorporate the Maryland flag in just about the perfect way on their respective uniforms.  The only thing I could see liking under certain circumstances is if the Ravens went with a subtle sublimation of the MD flag on the sleeves, but my faith in Nike to pull that off tastefully is quite low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.