NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

So this is the new "safest" helmet for linemen - the Vicus Zero 2 Trench.  I wonder if anyone's going to wear it - and how the hell they're going to get decals on it.

EudPBpdXMAIv3v2.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

So this is the new "safest" helmet for linemen - the Vicus Zero 2 Trench.  I wonder if anyone's going to wear it - and how the hell they're going to get decals on it.

EudPBpdXMAIv3v2.jpg

It looks like it belongs on a power ranger with those “eye holes”

• Like 23
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

EudPBpdXMAIv3v2.jpg

This looks like the helmet they would use in a movie about the futuristic NFL in 2050 or something. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

spacer.png

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

EudPBpdXMAIv3v2.jpg

Am I the only that sees a similarity to the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers helmet? Particularly the red and green rangers' helmets.

Why did football helmets start developing all the random ridges, holes and vents anyway? Do they serve a practical purpose? Been like that since the early 2000's.

• Like 4

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

I’m actually all for this if the current helmet goes untouched. Red shell and facemask with an all white logo strays too far from their history. But if you take their current classic helmet, and pair it with these uniforms, I’d be all for it.

Interested if it would be a custom block too. Would prefer that over some modern Michigan St esq look.

• Like 5

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Am I the only that sees a similarity to the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers helmet? Particularly the red and green rangers' helmets.

Why did football helmets start developing all the random ridges, holes and vents anyway? Do they serve a practical purpose? Been like that since the early 2000's.

I assume that the vent/ports are for reliving pressure upon impact. And the reason for the different depths is the same reason your dont make the entire car out of a bumper. You put the extra padding in the spots that impacts usually happen on both the inside and outside. This helps keep the weight down so that you arent doing as much damage to yourself and the opposing players when you do make contact. The dimples are probably decorations to cover up bare areas. Hopefully once logos come into the mix those dimples will be gone.

• Like 2

Bills-helmet.jpg?w=2560&h=1440&crop=1

Just kinda work the decal onto the helmet as best as you can and if it covers up the holes a little bit, so be it.  It's an imperfect thing.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

15 hours ago, PERRIN said:

I'd be fine if the Cardinals changed to something similar to this redesign by Mark Omlor. The red helmet strays from tradition, but it looks great. It ties in the Arizona Flag, uses a traditional design with a slight modern flair, and the single color logo looks surprisingly good.

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

louisville.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

• Huh? 1

fiowXOD.png

After taking a look at the various Washington name lists, here are my top 10 (from the list options)

1. Redhogs (by far)

2. Redtails

3. Belters (think it's unique and could work)

4. Aviators

5. Commanders (would want to play on a George Washington theme)

6. Renegades

7. Razorbacks (love the name but feel Arkansas owns it)

8. Rubies (similar to Belters, unique and intriguing)

9. Wild Hogs

10. Washington Football Team

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

fiowXOD.png

15 hours ago, GoHawks said:

Didn't the Rams say they would be unveiling an alternate uniform this year?

Yes, the plan announced last year was to unveil an alternate this year & a 4th next season.

I'm guessing this year's will be a sol jersey paired with the blue pants. Depending on the one-helmet rule decision they might do a navy & white throwback next season.

• Like 2

According to Paul Lukas on the Unified podcast this morning, Denver is rumored to be the first team to switch to a newer Nike template this year. I don't know if that means a completely new template or the Vapor Fusion. If it's the Fusion they'd have to have the side panels stitched over top the yoke/collar. I feel it works for every team except for Denver, unless it's sublimated. Even then it also means that if they get altered they'll look a mess.

UOjrm1K.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Random memory on player numbers:

Does anyone remember why Michael Jackson (RIP) of the Browns/Ravens was able to wear #1 as a WR in 1991 and 1992? He changed in 1993 due to the rules, but I'm not sure I've ever heard why he was able to get #1 for regular season games in the first place, as I don't remember many (if any) other WRs wearing single digits at that time. 

Amazon.com: Football NFL 1991 Pro Set Platinum #292 Michael Jackson #292 NM  RC Rookie Browns: Collectibles & Fine Art 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

17 hours ago, PERRIN said:

nZpAnMe.png 9DT1FAW.png

I also really like this, only with the current helmet intact.

One change I'd suggest: I'm a sucker for the old Cardinals road jerseys, with the thick red stripes on the sleeves outlined in black. Instead of gray stripes and stars on the white jersey, I'd like to see the stripes red and outlined in black or, perhaps simpler, just outline the star in black and leave the stripes red. It would be a nice homage to these old classics. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

According to Paul Lukas on the Unified podcast this morning, Denver is rumored to be the first team to switch to a newer Nike template this year. I don't know if that means a completely new template or the Vapor Fusion. If it's the Fusion they'd have to have the side panels stitched over top the yoke/collar. I feel it works for every team except for Denver, unless it's sublimated. Even then it also means that if they get altered they'll look a mess.

UOjrm1K.jpg

Why did they make their jersey template worse?

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The purpose they serve is making the company's product visually distinct.

So it's possible for a new age helmet to have the internal workings of a Vicis, while the exterior has the simple mold of the old school Riddell helmets?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So it's possible for a new age helmet to have the internal workings of a Vicis, while the exterior has the simple mold of the old school Riddell helmets?

Not for this Vicis helmet, other ones sure other than the face mask that is designed in such a way to distribute impacts better, but the trench is a regular vicis with an additional part on the crown which is what that power rangers mask looking hump on top is.

2 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

After taking a look at the various Washington name lists, here are my top 10 (from the list options)

1. Redhogs (by far)

2. Redtails

3. Belters (think it's unique and could work)

4. Aviators

5. Commanders (would want to play on a George Washington theme)

6. Renegades

7. Razorbacks (love the name but feel Arkansas owns it)

8. Rubies (similar to Belters, unique and intriguing)

9. Wild Hogs

10. Washington Football Team

Respectfully, I disagree.

1. Cop-Out

2. Cop-Out under the guise of honoring a different minority

3. The weakest of the proposed names. Sure it’s unique, but it doesn’t mean it’s good.

4. Great way of getting the point of 2 across without being in your face about it

5. If George Washington inspired, would probably see backlash.

6. Could potentially work in line with Aviators

7. Doesn’t make a whole lot of sense

8. See 3.

9. Mixture of 1 & 3.

10. Yes.