NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

14 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

So it's possible for a new age helmet to have the internal workings of a Vicis, while the exterior has the simple mold of the old school Riddell helmets?

Probably.  

But that would defeat the whole purpose, if you can’t instantly tell what helmet the player is wearing. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

• Like 6

Yeah since teams don't put the helmet maker mark on the bumper anymore, the helmet makers have to distinguish their models by the shell design. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

After taking a look at the various Washington name lists, here are my top 10 (from the list options)

10. Washington Football Team

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Respectfully, I disagree.

10. Yes.

Animated GIF

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

On 3/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, Sec19Row53 said:

I'll bet you an internet dollar (whatever that is) that it isn't.

This was in response to 'I'll bet the one helmet rule is changing'.

I win 🙂

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It's where I sit.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:35 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

It's rumored that someone somewhere heard that someone hoped to talk about it.

Another winner in the 'one helmet rule' stuff.

People, if there is a LEGITIMATE rumor about this, someone will have it here. Remember next year that unless you hear discussion of it leading up to the spring rules meeting, it isn't worth getting your hopes up (or not if you are like @oldschoolvikings and me, among others).

• Like 5
  • Huh? 1

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

Yes, the plan announced last year was to unveil an alternate this year & a 4th next season.

I'm guessing this year's will be a sol jersey paired with the blue pants. Depending on the one-helmet rule decision they might do a navy & white throwback next season.

I'm hoping it's an all white uniform and they mix in the white jerseys and pants with the normal blue and gold jerseys/pants so we don't have to see that dumb "bone" color as much

• Like 1

spacer.pngThis is probably an unpopular opinion because it seems like most people want Washington to change up everything related to their team name and logo but I think they should bring back this logo (minus the feather) and uniform and change the name to Warriors. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah since teams don't put the helmet maker mark on the bumper anymore, the helmet makers have to distinguish their models by the shell design. 

The only maker's mark since the late 80's early 90's was riddell because they paid to be the official supplier. Also for a couple decades you only had 2 shells on the field, riddell and schutt so the schutt's were either unbranded or had team branding on the bumpers.

7 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

spacer.pngThis is probably an unpopular opinion because it seems like most people want Washington to change up everything related to their team name and logo but I think they should bring back this logo (minus the feather) and uniform and change the name to Warriors. 

That would be a tough sell. It wouldn’t work as a primary logo either. A Roman or Greek warrior? I’m all for it, but the team would have to explicitly say and show that to be the case.

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

I'm hoping it's an all white uniform and they mix in the white jerseys and pants with the normal blue and gold jerseys/pants so we don't have to see that dumb "bone" color as much

Unless they're wearing a yellow jersey, the Rams should always wear yellow pants.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

That would be a tough sell. It wouldn’t work as a primary logo either. A Roman or Greek warrior? I’m all for it, but the team would have to explicitly say and show that to be the case.

They can keep the current W logo as the primary logo and use the spearhead on the helmet and as a secondary logo. 

5 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

They can keep the current W logo as the primary logo and use the spearhead on the helmet and as a secondary logo. 

Doesn’t change the fact that the logo and name can very easily be a reference to native Americans without the explicit distinction showing a Greek soldier, or something Washington should stay as far from the warrior name and that spear logo.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

nyieifylnmkzavzk6dbm

I can see their attempt to combine past fonts into a new one but it doesn't work for me.

Hey they actually get a diamond to go on throwbacks again like in 1994. It’s like a throwback of a throwback that’s a fauxback! Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

bSLCtu2.png

San Francisco 49ers Unveil 75th Anniversary Logo

April 26, 2021 - 18:07 PM

The San Francisco 49ers will celebrate their 75th anniversary this season by wearing a diamond-shaped uniform patch that pulls inspiration from the franchise’s past. “The past seven and a half decades of 49ers football have provided generations of faithful (fans) with countless unforgettable plays, players and memories, and my family

Read More...

8 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Hey they actually get a diamond to go on throwbacks again like in 1994. It’s like a throwback of a throwback that’s a fauxback! Aaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!

Well, diamond is a pretty legitimate indicator  of a 75th.  Obviously not all teams use one, but plenty have.  

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Gothamite
Oh my gods, there is so much wrong with that Giants logo.
  • Like 4