chcarlson23

2021 NHL Regular Season

Recommended Posts

Kudos to the NHL.

 

The visuals from the game were spectacular.

Loved the RRs on both teams. (If I were Vegas, I'd be making that red sweater my 3rd.)

The decision to delay the rest of the game 'til the evening was the right one... turned out to be a decent game.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 7:20 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

Why did Taylor Hall decide to waste a year of his career with them? 

They were willing to give him the most money in a down cap year, so he can hopefully sign a bigger longer term deal when the cap goes up again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sparky said:

Kudos to the NHL.

 

The visuals from the game were spectacular.

Loved the RRs on both teams. (If I were Vegas, I'd be making that red sweater my 3rd.)

The decision to delay the rest of the game 'til the evening was the right one... turned out to be a decent game.

 

 


It’ll be interesting to see how the ice holds up today. It’s supposed to be warm and sunny again today. 
 

Them moving this game to around sunset has me excited. There’s nowhere I’ve ever been that has prettier sunsets than Tahoe. Think that Sounders Timber’s game in 2014 that inspired their black and pink third, but every single night. 
spacer.png
spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sparky said:

Kudos to the NHL.

 

"The pictures were nice 🥴🥴🥴"

 

Aside from the visuals, what did the NHL do well yesterday? It was an absolute sh1tshow according to everyone else. Do please elaborate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FiddySicks said:


It’ll be interesting to see how the ice holds up today. It’s supposed to be warm and sunny again today. 
 

Them moving this game to around sunset has me excited. There’s nowhere I’ve ever been that has prettier sunsets than Tahoe. Think that Sounders Timber’s game in 2014 that inspired their black and pink third, but every single night. 
 

I was watching the late news on KCRA last night and the weather guy was going on about how the start of the game is going to be at the warmest time of the day up there with bright sunshine so he thinks the ice will be worse than it was yesterday.  Should be interesting. 

 

Too bad the league screwed this up so badly because I'd have loved to go up for the weekend to watch it.  Thanks for also reminding me I need to take a ride over the hill again I miss Tahoe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, they pulled off a game in LA without a hitch and they couldnt here.

 

Makes these even more of a OITGDNHL moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, _J_ said:

So, they pulled off a game in LA without a hitch and they couldnt here.

 

Makes these even more of a OITGDNHL moment

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the Ducks just lost two-straight 3-0 leads to the Coyotes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, Cosmic said:

 

Hold up. The Rangers numbers aren't drop shadowed.

soQelEn.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

So the Ducks just lost two-straight 3-0 leads to the Coyotes.

 

I'm beginning to think that hiring Dallas Eakins to coach an NHL team was not a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nash61 said:

Hold up. The Rangers numbers aren't drop shadowed.

Based on the fact that the names are single-color and not arched, I suspect that this was a Red Wings-esque move to minimize the amount of lettering work necessary for a preseason game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Based on the fact that the names are single-color and not arched, I suspect that this was a Red Wings-esque move to minimize the amount of lettering work necessary for a preseason game.

 

Although the numbers do have drop shadow. Hm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabres brought back the siren for their Reverse Retro goal horn. Seems at least some teams are doing unique horns for their Reverse Retros; Vancouver brought back Ole, Arizona is using Darude - Sandstorm and Carolina obviously uses Brass Bonanza.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, Buffalo's season is probably dead unless they bring UPL up and he absolutely kills it in net, because Hutton has been a complete and utter tirefire this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Detroit Red Wings are very very bad. All those years I spent waiting for them to suck, but when they finally do it's with this sad sack group of bearded randos I couldn't care less about. They don't have any hateable characters anymore. It was also such a slow descent into crappiness that watching them be this bad is anti-climactic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.