2021 NHL Regular Season

chcarlson23

A fun fact I borrowed from someone else:

In Patrick Marleau's rookie season he was teammates with Bernie Nicholls.

In Nicholls rookie season he was teammates with Jim Rutherford.

In Rutherford's rookie season he was teammates with Gordie Howe. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, See Red said:

I've had online versus games in NHL 21 like this. 😐

Those are the types of games that cost you 60 bucks.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Sport said:

The Blue Jackets have lost 9 straight are 1-13-3 in their last 17. Fire Torts. 

Can him, snatch up Gallant before Detroit does. It could give Laine and idea of what life under Gallant would be like and help making re-signing him a little easier. 

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

After years of getting his brain stoved in by angry men, Andrew Shaw retired at 29 due to concussions/etc.  Between him, Hossa (skin disease), Seabrook (hockey), Corey Crawford (vertigo), Bryan Bickell (multiple sclerosis), Dave Bolland (back/hockey), Ray Emery (drowned), Steve Montador (death uncertain), and probably Jonathan Toews (concussions?), the Blackhawks stampede of the 10's is pretty much whittled down to bits.

Patrick Kane has hung on via the power of venereal disease alone, and Duncan Keith is simply a haggard tree that passes himself off convincingly as a human being.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Hey look, Tom Wilson’s in the news again for all the wrong reasons. What a shocker. 

This gives me a great chance to get on my little soap box here and talk about my absolute least favorite thing about the Caps fanbase, which is their insistence on defending Tom Wilson to the ends of the earth, and not just defending him, but actively praising and glorifying him. 

Look, I get it. Hockey’s a physical sport and as fans you’re supposed to defend your guy. If this was something Wilson had done once or twice I could see trying to defend him cause he’s your guy. We’re way beyond “once or twice” at this point. It’s a pattern. The dude plays dirty. He scores enough goals and has enough offensive output to play on the first line, which can tend to distract people for a while cause they don’t only see him in highlights when he’s making bad hits or doing what he did last night to Buchnevich and Panarin. But it’s enough of a pattern that has been established for years now to know that this is just the type of player he is. 

And everyone in Caps world loves this guy. As I said, they not only defend him but they encourage it, they celebrate his antics, they actively glorify him and whenever he does something like he did last night it’s handwaved away as “rent free,” or “they had it coming.” The Caps twitter, which I normally love, even got in on the action and made a rent free comment in search of those sweet, sweet internet points. Who cares if we’re defending and glorifying a guy who is probably the dirtiest player in the NHL, our generation’s Matt Cooke and Raffi Torres except he scores 15 goals a season too so let’s just forget the other stuff?!

Looking at the Caps’ bleacher report stream and the subreddit, the fans are acting how they usually do. And I hate it. It’s sickening. The couple times I’ve gone to Capital One Arena for a game in-person I see tons of Wilson jerseys, probably up there with Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Carlson, the “secondary stars” if you will behind Ovechkin. The Caps fans love this guy and I hate the fact that he’s on my team. 

For what it’s worth, I’ve watched the incident last night a couple times. Anyone saying that Wilson just retaliated in kind to Buchnevich and Panarin and gave them what they deserved, or better yet, was just “defending his goalie” is either kidding themselves or delusional. If he wanted to retaliate in kind or defend Vanecek he would’ve scrummed with them for a few seconds like basically after every single stoppage in the NHL, maybe hung on for a few more seconds to get a message across, and then let go. He punched Buchnevich when he was on the ground and did the same to Panarin, after he tossed him to the ice like a ragdoll. It was over the line. Then he gloated about in the box. 

TL;DR Tom Wilson is a doo-doo head. Caps fans think he isn’t and actively praise him and anoint him as their favorite player. This annoys the everloving crap out of me. 

spacer.png

It's worse than that. The Capitals official twitter account decided to tweet whatever TF this was just minutes after he tried to murder Panarin.

I don't get what they were even trying to do. That's like six memes on top of each other to the point that it's nonsensical and in context was incredibly tonedeaf. They got some well deserved backlash, deleted the tweet, and then got more well-deserved backlash. 

Tom Wilson needs to sit for the rest of the season and playoffs and then a council needs to review his case to play next year. If he does anything again he gets to finish his career in the KHL. So sick of his bulls***. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

They tweeted that after he pushed that guy’s head into the ice? Classy.

What’s even meant by “rent free” in this context?

People defending dirty goons is not my favorite thing about hockey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Emil Bemstrom didn't have a goal in 16 games with the Blue Jackets this season and then scored a hat trick in the third period to come back from a 3-0 deficit. Nashville won in OT. Hockey is weird. 

Unrelated to anything - I'm very bored of the other 7 teams in the Central Division presented by Discover Card and I'm looking forward to playing the rest of the league again next year. I'd be more than okay to never play the two Florida teams ever again. Can't believe this is how the O6 was for like 30 years. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

4 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

They tweeted that after he pushed that guy’s head into the ice? Classy.

What’s even meant by “rent free” in this context?

People defending dirty goons is not my favorite thing about hockey.

The idea is that Tom Wilson lives “rent free” in the minds of those that call him out. It’s a phrase 14 year olds and insecure fans throw out when someone makes a legitimate point or joke at the expense of their team. 

5 hours ago, Sport said:

It's worse than that. The Capitals official twitter account decided to tweet whatever TF this was just minutes after he tried to murder Panarin.

I don't get what they were even trying to do. That's like six memes on top of each other to the point that it's nonsensical and in context was incredibly tonedeaf. They got some well deserved backlash, deleted the tweet, and then got more well-deserved backlash. 

Tom Wilson needs to sit for the rest of the season and playoffs and then a council needs to review his case to play next year. If he does anything again he gets to finish his career in the KHL. So sick of his bulls***. 

Completely agreed. The tweet in question was what I was referring to in my original post btw. I typically love the Caps twitter because they’re usually pretty funny but that was definitely in poor taste. Prioritizing the joke over common sense and dignity. 

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Crabcake said:

The idea is that Tom Wilson lives “rent free” in the minds of those that call him out. It’s a phrase 14 year olds and insecure fans throw out when someone makes a legitimate point or joke at the expense of their team. 

Sounds like you nailed the "insecure fan" part...

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived