2021 NHL Regular Season

chcarlson23

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

This :censored:ing mess of a game is all on Parros' head for not suspending Wilson.

I'll be shocked if he isn't gone at some point in the off-season. Maybe the NHL will learn it's probably a terrible idea to make a former enforcer the head of DoPS. Not gonna hold my breath on that.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 minute ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I'll be shocked if he isn't gone at some point in the off-season. Maybe the NHL will learn it's probably a terrible idea to make a former enforcer the head of DoPS. Not gonna hold my breath on that.

Just wait for Mike Milbury, Head of DoPS! 😜

20 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Which Cabinet position will Frank the Tank get when Dave Portnoy wins the White House in 2024?

Transportation so he can continue to rail on the incompetent New Jersey Transit.

The following offenses can result in suspension:

1. Murder 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Fining a team for speaking out against the league's failure to protect the safety of its players is going to look great the next time the league gets sued for failing to protect the safety of its players.

Please release another statement, Dolan!

IUe6Hvh.png

Buchnevich just got a game for high sticking Mantha. Reeeeeeally bad look for the league. Not that Buch didn’t deserve a suspension; heck if you ask me in a vacuum he should’ve been suspended longer. But Wilson not getting anything and then this is absolutely brutal. 

Parros needs to be gone yesterday and I feel like Bettman will end up making him the sacrificial lamb to try and end this PR disaster. 

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

Buchnevich just got a game for high sticking Mantha. Reeeeeeally bad look for the league. Not that Buch didn’t deserve a suspension; heck if you ask me in a vacuum he should’ve been suspended longer. But Wilson not getting anything and then this is absolutely brutal. 

Parros needs to be gone yesterday and I feel like Bettman will end up making him the sacrificial lamb to try and end this PR disaster. 

With the statement the League just released, I think the best outcome here is the League strong-arming Parros into stepping down. The DoPS is a :censored:ing joke.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

If the DoPS had done their job properly and suspended Wilson this wouldn't have happened.  The inconsistency in punishments is disturbing and sets a bad tone as no one seems to know what is and isn't subject to suspension anymore.  Parros has to be relieved of his position, however, since this is the NHL they'll double down on standing behind his decision and make the PR disaster worse.

I still can't believe I agree with Jim Dolan on something.  I feel very dirty for it.  Did his statement cross the line?  Yes, it did, but the message needed to be said.  Is the $250k fine excessive?  I believe so but OITGDNHL.

Would there be any blowback at all if the league had suspended Tom Wilson like they should have? Dude just returned from a seven game suspension six weeks ago! This is nuts. I hope we can put that Dolan pettiness to good use for once.

I know a couple of guys who root for the Sabres and Bills. As an observer, being a Buffalo sports fan is just a master class in misery.

14 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Would there be any blowback at all if the league had suspended Tom Wilson like they should have? Dude just returned from a seven game suspension six weeks ago! This is nuts. I hope we can put that Dolan pettiness to good use for once.

Even John Scott thought it crossed a line. If they had suspended Wilson for the rest of the season and said "you do it again next year and you're done for good" then I think everyone except dumb Caps fans would've been pleased. Parros listed "it was just two guys wrestling" in his decision not to suspend him, which is insane. Yeah, George, just a couple of knuckleheads' roughhousin', boys will be boys indeed. Nobody was nearly murdered by a player out there or anything. The guy who did it isn't the example of a repeat offender or anything. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived