New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

26 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

I am not how to feel about this. While it's nice the boat is back, I would rather it be a secondary logo. 

I'm just glad the shield's finally gone.  And while a re-coloured Jason logo looks amazing on paper I think the boat somehow works better on a helmet.  

• Like 1

zzPEfBm.png

MuwG8AHm.jpg?1

I want to love it, but I can't help but see a personalized handkerchief affixed to a whoopee pie... that's being studied by four 18th century long-handled quizzing glasses... that are emerging from a dollop of the original blue-and-white Aquafresh toothpaste.

In all honesty, my primary problem is with the rendering of the oars and the waves. There's something that's always struck me as being "off" about those elements in the logo and this version doesn't solve the issue. Also, this is the CFL - that football needs stripes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, steve61 said:

I'm just glad the shield's finally gone.  And while a re-coloured Jason logo looks amazing on paper I think the boat somehow works better on a helmet.  

Agreed, It's just not as busy so it works much better.

I've never disliked the shield and have great memories of those teams that wore the Jason logo but the football boat is so cool and unique. It's the way to go.  

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

4 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

MuwG8AHm.jpg?1

I want to love it, but I can't help but see a personalized handkerchief affixed to a whoopee pie... that's being studied by four 18th century long-handled quizzing glasses... that are emerging from a dollop of the original blue-and-white Aquafresh toothpaste.

To be fair though, who doesn't love whoopie pies?

If Atlantic Canada ever gets another chance at a franchise, I'm voting for "Atlantic Whoopie Pies"

• Like 1

Argos Bring Back the Boat, Introduce New Logo for 2021

November 16, 2020 - 21:52 PM

The NHL wasn’t the only one to go retro on Monday. The Toronto Argonauts announced they would be returning their classic “Boat” logo as their full-time primary logo starting immediately. The Argos have used a boat as the main focus of their team’s logos for most of their franchise’s extremely

Read More...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

MuwG8AHm.jpg?1

Pretty clever how they made sleeve stripes look like waves!

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

That’s such a huge improvement. 

The only thing better would be swapping out the A for a T.  

City initials > nickname initials. 

I would normally agree with you, but the Argos have used an A for so long that there's no changing it at this point.

If it helps you there is a small T in the negative space at the bottom of the A.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Pretty clever how they made sleeve stripes look like waves!

Provided they were to bring those sleeve stripes back as something more than a design feature on an alternate jersey.

Beyond that, the aesthetics of the wave stripes in the logo are just awful. Line weights don't appear uniform and things get particularly sloppy where the stripes taper to a point at each end of the waves. I understand that there are those amongst sports logo enthusiasts who believe that the ultimate branding achievement for a professional sports franchise is to adopt a primary mark that can be easily replicated by a child on the cover of his school notebook. While that's all well and good, the actual logo the pro team uses shouldn't look as though it were created for them by a sixth grader goofing off in social studies class.            

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I would normally agree with you, but the Argos have used an A for so long that there's no changing it at this point.

If it helps you there is a small T in the negative space at the bottom of the A.

Yeah, doesn’t help. 

And I know that it’s old.  I’ll remember this the next time somebody accuses me of reflexively defending all old designs. :lol:

• Like 5