New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2023

Wackyriderfan14

On 6/1/2022 at 11:00 AM, MJWalker45 said:

They last wore stripes in 2015/2016 I believe. They haven't since adidas took over at any rate, so maybe they're new? Either that or they stripped the Reebok marks off and they're only for training camp. I think it's more likely that these are new, because who keeps gear that long and just now starts using it?

Reebok

Bryan Hall regrets heartbreak in Hamilton but learned valuable lessons from  tough losses - 3DownNation

adidas

Andy Fantuz of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats runs a pass pattern against... News  Photo - Getty Images

Is that a grey stripe on the Adidas pants?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Stamps wearing the 75ths again today, this time on the road with Edmonton in their new whites at home. This year's headshots are in the 75ths as well.

The main problem right now is that they are wearing the red pants from the previous (current?) away set and red socks, so it's colour rushing (and those red pants don't have any stripes on them).

IbjBaeE.png

On 6/3/2022 at 7:55 PM, monkeypower said:

Stamps wearing the 75ths again today, this time on the road with Edmonton in their new whites at home. This year's headshots are in the 75ths as well.

The main problem right now is that they are wearing the red pants from the previous (current?) away set and red socks, so it's colour rushing (and those red pants don't have any stripes on them).

Yeah, they'd look better with white or grey pants--not black.

I do love those jerseys though.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Been hot on the case and found this tweet from May. Using those for the TSN shoot? Interesting.

If these are the new primaries I think it's a huge improvement, especially dropping the black, but I do wish they had switched out the retro logo on the sleeves for the horse because there's now three different "primary" logos.

I also wonder what the white's are going to be.

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

I watched a bit of an Alouettes game last night and got to thinking about CFL helmets. 

I'm a big fan when teams attempt unique helmet designs, especially when they try to do something immersive that makes use of a significant portion of the helmet surface (Michigan Panthers, Boston Breakers, San Jose Sabrecats) or some other signature element, a la the Rams, Vikings, Eagles, etc. 

So I applaud what the Elks attempted last year with the elk horns and what the Alouettes had been doing for the past several years by draping their logo across the front of the helmet. But even moreso, I appreciate that both teams appear to have recognized that those looks weren't working as hoped, and shifted to something more traditional, but really exceptional looking.

This is my long-winded way of saying, I really like the new Alouettes helmets. Like the Elks helmet, it's simple and traditional, but it's also really attractive. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I watched a bit of an Alouettes game last night and got to thinking about CFL helmets. 

I'm a big fan when teams attempt unique helmet designs, especially when they try to do something immersive that makes use of a significant portion of the helmet surface (Michigan Panthers, Boston Breakers, San Jose Sabrecats) or some other signature element, a la the Rams, Vikings, Eagles, etc. 

So I applaud what the Elks attempted last year with the elk horns and what the Alouettes had been doing for the past several years by draping their logo across the front of the helmet. But even moreso, I appreciate that both teams appear to have recognized that those looks weren't working as hoped, and shifted to something more traditional, but really exceptional looking.

This is my long-winded way of saying, I really like the new Alouettes helmets. Like the Elks helmet, it's simple and traditional, but it's also really attractive. 

I was at the game, Stamps wearing the retro jerseys as expected but no mention of anything, and the Stamps also added a helmet stripe too. In person, both team's helmet stripes seemed really thin, especially from a distance.

3EB0765-800x571.jpg

The Stamps one flares out at the back and has black outside strokes.

IbjBaeE.png

34 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I was at the game, Stamps wearing the retro jerseys as expected but no mention of anything, and the Stamps also added a helmet stripe too. In person, both team's helmet stripes seemed really thin, especially from a distance.

3EB0765-800x571.jpg

The Stamps one flares out at the back and has black outside strokes.

When I look at that Montreal helmet and the shoulder loops on the jersey I think that the easiest fix is to just change the shoulder hoops and add a red outline to the numbers. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 6/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, clonewars2008 said:

Hamilton really needs to put a strip on the pants and they are easily a clear #2 in the CFL uniform pow… oh :censored:, that Alt knocks them down to 4.

They also need to get rid of the unnecessary cat patch on the shoulders. It's almost as small as a manufacturer's logo. 

• Like 2

I saw a clip of Argos-Als and was aghast to see Toronto with a navy helmet, navy jersey, plain Columbia blue pants, and plain Columbia blue socks. That one is more offensive than a lot of unitard outfits.

• Like 4
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...