Sign in to follow this  
Wackyriderfan14

New CFL Uniforms & Logos 2021

The Stampeders are rolling their 75th anniversary, which should have been last season had it been played, over into this upcoming season.

They also appeared to be teasing new jerseys back around early March (and a guy on Reddit back then said he'd seen the jerseys and "confirmed" they were not just 75th anniversary throwbacks) but those teasers stopped once the pandemic started and I don't believe have returned, so there appear to be new Stampeders jerseys floating somewhere around in the ether.

5 hours ago, monkeypower said:

The Stampeders are rolling their 75th anniversary, which should have been last season had it been played, over into this upcoming season.

They also appeared to be teasing new jerseys back around early March (and a guy on Reddit back then said he'd seen the jerseys and "confirmed" they were not just 75th anniversary throwbacks) but those teasers stopped once the pandemic started and I don't believe have returned, so there appear to be new Stampeders jerseys floating somewhere around in the ether.

I have heard that the Stampeders were supposed to unveil new uniforms for the 2020 season and then the rest of the CFL would redesign their uniforms in 2021. I think Montreal would not be a part of that redesign because they just completely changed their uniforms. With COVID-19 shutting the 2020 season down completely, I hope the CFL leaves the uniforms alone for at least another season. A number of teams did make alterations to their uniforms which was not expected, with the exception of the Alouettes when New Era took over in 2019. I hope they don't just change uniforms again when multiple teams tweaked their uniforms in 2019 and have only worn those uniforms for one season.

Montreal teams just can't get enough of bad takes on bad 70s styles, eh?

I wonder if we will see the new Stampeders Set and Red Ottawa Alternate Jersey this year. 

I also wonder if Covid put the league wide rebrand + the Alouettes third jersey on the back burner. 

On 1/18/2021 at 6:02 PM, Wackyriderfan14 said:

I wonder if we will see the new Stampeders Set and Red Ottawa Alternate Jersey this year. 

I also wonder if Covid put the league wide rebrand + the Alouettes third jersey on the back burner. 

The Alouettes' third jersey was for their 75th anniversary (in 2021), so I'm pretty sure that will still happen as scheduled. The Redblacks had already scheduled their week 7 game in 2020 to reveal their red third jersey, so that will probably be moved to a 2021 debut. The league will need all the revenue they can get and alternate jerseys are a way to get that.